Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!

Quickman · 19067

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[Sorry bout the long delay.  If that happens again, just take control of 4-LOM.  I've been pretty busy with a load of stuff at work. ]

[In addition to that, I had a possible thought.  I don't think, a true smoke grenade wouldn't work in a vacuum, even with provided oxidizer, as any fire would burn up the oxygen really fast, and smoke wouldn't linger.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  However using a vapor of some kind should work.  I'm assuming that's what's going on here, so no need to veto, just throwing that out there. ]

[Also, since Greedo lost some CHI, nows the time to bring up another rule.  Greedo, needs to add some kind of setback to his next narration.  Getting hurt, or tripping, or dropping/losing his weapon in some way.  Something like that.  However, keep in mind if he loses his weapon, he won't be able to roll against sniper till he gets it back. ]

[Anyway rolling against Droid Brain ]

4-LOM nearly losing concentration with all the noise and smoke, adjusts his audio receptors to only respond to statements by his comrades that include his name, and turns down the volume on all other sounds.  Finally after a few more release of catches the gate's nearly open enough to fit the last person through, but then something unexpected happens.  The last catch malfunctions freezing the gate.  Zuckuss, Greedo, IG-88 and him may be able to squeeze under, but Bossk and Boba Fett will have trouble.  4-LOM reaches down and attempts to pull the gate up by force, but it doesn't budge.  He calls to Bossk "Bossk!  The Gate is stuck, we won't be able to fit underneath!  I  need your help prying this open and FAST!"

[ I had an idea for a possible house rule.  Since this is a team effort of Bossk and 4-LOM (assuming Bossk narrates 4-LOM helping him to lift the gate on his next turn), after Bossk's description you should roll twice, one against 4-LOM's stats and one against Bossk's and then take the better successes of the 2 for both Yin and Yang.  However since lifting a gate is not in 4-LOM's forte, he should roll against a 2 while Bossk will be rolling against a 5 for Strongman.  So take the higher successes from whoever gets the better Yang, and then also take the higher successes from who gets the better Yin.  If you think that's a cool idea.  If Anyone dis-agrees, please speak up. ]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(... Just to be sure... This part will come when it comes to my turn again right? Also, so much to think about... @_@)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[ Don't worry.  Only if you want to do it.  And when you want to do it.  You're in control of your character, so you can ignore 4-LOM if you wish, it may add more drama, its entirely up to you.  4-LOM's going to keep shouting for help as he strains on the door, and if somehow he manages to get the final mook level down, I can narrate him miraculously pulling the door up.  Though I doubt it since I'll be rolling against a 2 on any door lifting maneuvers.  ]
[ Also don't worry too much about any of my rule suggestions.  I'm just throwing them out there, some are from advanced WUSHU, and some are ones I made up. You guys have the ability to suggest a veto on anything.  Quickman has the final say, however, and she'll tell us if we need to re-do something or we didn't do something correctly.  If this makes everything TOO complicated we can squash the idea. ]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(Well... Just putting out my thoughts, tis' all.)

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[And that's exactly what I want you to do. ;)   These are all just suggestions, and the most important thing is that we all have fun.  Hopefully I haven't sounded too demanding, or controlling to anyone.  If anyone does think I sound like a mad dictator, maybe its because my avatar always looks like the annoyed boss with his cross expression, big desk, and fancy chair. Lol.  I'm having fun, and I think you are all doing great, especially with the limited situation we have here, (not much can happen in a sewer tube.).  ]

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
(I am going to have to ask somebody to take control of Greedo for the next week because I am going to be tapping maple trees in the Ottawa Valley.)

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(4-LOM: Two Yangs and two Yins against a 4:
Yang: 5, 6
Yin: 4, 2

Mook rating remains at 11.)

(Zuckuss uses Bounty Hunter)

Zuckuss sees 4-LOM struggling with the gate and provides his droid comrade some covering fire.  He takes a moment to slip out of his hiding spot and sprint for a new one, jumping to reach a mid-height pipe along the tunnel wall, in which he crawls in.  Squirming and turning himself around, he lays on his belly in the pipe, his blaster's sight to his eye, and he fires at the remaining mercenaries. 

(Two Yang and a Yin against a three...

Yang: 3, 2
Yin: 6 (!)

Zuckuss loses a point of Chi.  Mook rating reduced by two: 9)

(I'll commandeer Greedo when his turn comes up.  Hopefully the dice are a bit nicer that time around.)

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[Ugh!  Crappy Crappy rolls!  This last group has us seriously pinned and we are taking some damage for it! ]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Yeah, the rolls have been sucky as of late.  Though, I have plans for how I'll penalize Zuckuss for losing that one point of chi.)

Posted on: March 26, 2013, 02:24:20 AM
(Commandeering both IG-88 (at PB's request) and Greedo for one go:)

(IG-88 is using Weapons Master)

A blaster bolt ricochets off of IG-88's laser-reflective palm and he flips his weapon around and swings the butt of his rifle upward, which clocks a foolishly-brave mercenary in the chin of his vacuum suit.  He disarms the man and grabs him by the arm, spinning him about, and holding the mercenary against his chest.  In one swift motion, IG-88 unhooks the clasps of the vacuum suit and pries the helmet away from the mercenary's face as the horrified man suffocates within an instant.  He flips the man forward and swings the limp body by the legs, knocking two other foolish mercenaries aside.  Organics are stupid to think themselves invincible, even when in the presence of death...

(That's three Yangs and a Yin against a 5...

Yang: 5, 2, 1
Yin: 3

Mook rating reduced by three: 6)

(Onto Greedo...)

Greedo yelped as the reflected blast from IG-88's palm singed across his left shoulder.  He heard a hissing and he quickly dropped his weapon and dug around in his suit's utility pouch for a strip of repair adhesive.  These cheap suits were not self-sealing, like those more expensive enviro-suits.  Hurriedly, he slapped the repair strip over the tear, and then looked around for his weapon... only to hear a "click" of the safety.  There, beside him, some goon had taken advantage of Greedo's situation and had snapped up his own weapon.  However, in his favor, he knew how these types of thugs thought--much like himself, he had to admit.  So, he kicked the man in the crotch.

(Bounty Hunter is the most-fitting trait to use for this, though you could say that Greedo's fancy footwork could count as Sniper.  Legs have some range, right?  Your boot could be a weapon of choice.  Buuuuuut... That's confusing, so I'll stick to Bounty Hunter.)

(Two Yins and three Yangs against a 3...

Yang: 5, 5, 4
Yin: 4, 1

Mook rating remains at 6.  But at least Greedo doesn't lose any Chi!)

(You're up, MCH.)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
(Rocketman activated)

Seeing as Bossk is now obstructing his shots, Boba Fett decides it was time to flank his opposers from the rear. As fast as he can, he jumps up high, then launches himself across the corridor with his rocket boots, over Bossk and the other goons, at speed so fast, not even one of the goons could get a lock on him. Then as he passes the rearmost soldier, he quickly swings his feet in front of him, so that he could use his boosters as brakes, and land safely on the other side of the goons, who are now sandwiched between him and Bossk.

Then with swift hands, grabs a frag one hand and a blaster in the other. With his agility, he quickly shoots down a few guards, avoiding most of their gun fire. then, as he approaches some cover tosses the armed frag to the one side, making sure he doesn't throw it straight towards Bossk's direction, taking out a few more soldiers as he sends more feedback with his blaster in hand, behind cover.

Fear me.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Three Yangs and two Yin against a 4...

Yang: 6, 6, 2
Yin: 4, 3

Mook rating reduced by one: 5)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(OK, so... I was blasting some thugs, and a droid calls for help...)

Rolling Strongman.

"BUT I WANNA SHOOT MORE RANDOM THUGS!!"

Bossk had been solo-blasting for a bit, until hearing a yell from 4-LOM. Who would have thought of that, a yelling droid. That's not dying. Slightly grunting under his breath, Bossk fiddled with his utility belt for a bit, but was suddenly shaken by a frag-plosion. Although he was spared from the blast, he could still feel the slight shockwave.

"DARN YOU SHOWOFFETT!!"

Bossk finally finds a smoke grenade, and threw it into the crowd of blobs, distracting them just long enough for Bossk to make a mad dash towards the source of the yell. Upon seeing 4-LOM's struggling frame, Bossk found a spot, and heaved with all his might.

"I BETTER GET PAID MORE FOR THIS!!"

(Hoping didn't miss/mess something.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Two Yangs and two Yin against a 5...

Yang: 5, 3
Yin: 3, 1

Mook rating reduced by two: 3)

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[Oh if Quickman wants to add an extra Yang dice to my turn as a bonus for Bossk helping me, then that'd be great.  If we nail this together, I'll give Bossk the coup de grace.]
[ Using Droid brain believe it or not, attempting to go all Yang on this one ]
Within nano seconds, 4-LOM calculates the best possible solution to the current problem in his cpu.  Then reacting quickly, breaks open one of his supply tubes, spraying lubricant around the edge of the grate, to help it slide better.  He recloses his valve, then crouches down low for a good sturdy position, with his right knee raised.  He puts his rifle balanced against the top of his knee with the butt end underneath the grate, and using the rifle as a lever pushes down hard against the barrel with his arms, effectively raising the grate open (with Bossk's help).  (Tis always easier to push then to lift.)

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Okay, four Yang and a courtesy Yin against a 4...

Yang: 2, 2, 3, 4

Bossk's Yang and courtesy Yin against a 5...

Yang: 2

We're losing Chi across the board!  But, the Mook rating has been vanquished: 0 (-2 if you really want to be picky))

(I'll pass my turn for Bossk to have the coup de grace.  After that, it's downtime and basically some free-play until the next scene.  No dice-rolling for this.)

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[ No problemo, but at least give us some cues as we do things to let us know what's going on.  And don't forget to throw in a scab - roll or two, just to mix things up. ]  [When going all Yang, I expect to lose a chi or two, but we should regenerate our chi, before the next confrontation, so I didn't see a problem in it. ]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(So... Before I make an update... To be doubly sure... The rolls show that both Bossk and 4-LOM lost one Chi each, however, we managed to open the gate AND kill all the grunts?)

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[As this team play was a house rule, I'm not sure which way to take it.  However, if it were up to me, I'd negate your chi loss, since you were merely assisting me, I was the one taking the action and you already posted your action earlier and made your Yin success. So, unless Quickman objects, you can describe the coup de grace and ignore the chi loss. ] 

[Furthermore, the coup de grace doesn't have to involve killing all the grunts.  The coup de grace simply describes the closing of this scene.  Qe could have just made it the heck out of there and closed the door before they could follow us, for example.  However if you want to describe Bossk finishing the last one off, go ahead.  It's completely up to you.  Remember - The power is yours!]

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(Well, I had something in mind that takes both into account anyway, so I guess I'll go with that. :P)

With one mighty roar and heave, the tag team of Bossk and 4-LOM managed to not only lift the gate up high enough for all the bounty hunters to pass through, but also managed to unhinge the ENTIRE gate itself. With another mighty roar, Bossk tossed the gate right into the path of the grunts, narrowly missing a certain Fett's head, but managing to completely block any more grunts from approaching the group.

As Bossk panted heavily after doing such a feat, he began to slowly massaged his arm muscles. Although he's known for his strength, such actions are still draining on his body.

"I SERIOUSLY want a larger cut of the bounty after all this is over... You hear me, droid!?"

(I think this is OK. *sage nods*)

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[Epic indeed!] :)

Posted on: April 04, 2013, 01:31:46 PM
[Quickman, are you there? Knock Knock]  [Lol, my avatar's gone to the dogs ...  8) ]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
(Sorry, I've been sick all week.  Great coup de grace, though!  Now, onto the downtime.  Any rolls here, if desired, would be scab rolls.)

The main sewer tunnel continues for a ways, until the characters come to another grate, which is permanently sealed.  Beyond that grate are several small tunnels and pipes, all leading to the compound's plumbing system.  Just before the grate, in the ceiling of the main tunnel, is an access hatch.  The hatchway is big enough for one person at a time, and the hatch itself is a simple turn-wheel.  Beyond it is an airlock, which is big enough for all the characters to crowd inside.

The airlock takes a half-hour to cycle through and pressurize.  When the cycle starts, the hatch to the sewers is automatically locked.  After the hatch is opened and the sensors in the airlock detect people in the airlock and the hatch is closed, the airlock begins its cycle.

The vacuum suits must be discarded at this point, during the airlock's cycling.  The suits are dirty, breached, and inhibit the characters' movements. 

The airlock is located in a maintenance room with many lockers and computer access.  Beyond the maintenance room is a hallway with several locked doors on either side, and the hallway itself turns to the right at the end.  The compound is quiet, as most of the reinforcements have descended into the sewers and met their demise, perhaps through the very maintenance hatch the characters have used. 

Characters begin play in the sewer.  Any lost Chi will be restored during this time.

Offline Ringman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
[ So this works as free-play .  The details are still important, so the veto is still in place.  You can't describe doing anything that conflicts with the setting.  We'll just describe exploring the area, until we find the next "SCENE" of the storyline at which point it will go back to the usual format. ]  [ In most cases we won't be doing any rolling, but if Quickman or I see something that should be resolved with a dice roll we'll discuss the "scab roll."]  [ Finally, we don't have to do this in order of play, in fact it might make it harder if we do.  We should just do the normal forum roleplay. ]

4-LOM relieved that this whole mess is over, gets up and wipes some of the grime off of his plating.  He turns to the group, and states "Now that, that is over we can get on with this mission.  I've got the schematics of the layout here." He displays a holographic image of the layout of the palace and points out the significant features [ The one's Quickman described ].  "I'm not sure what the current plan is, but I advise getting out of these sewers before any more guards show up."  He turns to IG-88, "It has been my understanding that you have taken lead of this mission.  If that assumption is affirmed, I'd am requesting your further directives."

[ Feel free to jump in at anytime. ]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Zuckuss had caught up with the group after the disorienting effects of the battle finally wore off.  He sidled up beside 4-LOM, checking his vacuum suit.  The cheap uniform was breached, as his crawling about in the mire of the small sewer tunnels had snagged and ripped the fabric in places, helped along by at least one or two grazing shots.  Thankfully, he always carries his own air supply, separate from the vacuum suit itself.  After busying himself with a few minor repairs, he, too looked to IG-88.  "I don't hear any more sirens..."

(I still have the dice on-hand, and can pull up the scab rolls for quick reference.  However, during downtime, the rolls won't be needed.  It's just basic RPing right now, and scab rolls would be to add a bit of challenge.  Turn order during downtime is also off, so jump in whenever.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
(RP block atm. @_@)

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
(I'll wait until there's more action, then I'll jump in.)

Fear me.