Metal Gear Rising is awesome!!!

mrkhan89 · 1271

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: January 25, 2013, 02:37:11 AM
i liked the demo so far but i do really hope that raiden gets to use a gun in the game, what did you guys think of it?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:53:21 AM
Rocket Launchers are already confirmed and have been seen in action. Normal firearms are unlikely though.

Liked the demo. Will get the full game.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:32:33 AM
Pretty damn cool. Will get it sometime in my lifetime once once these friggin' money problems concerning the new house's repair is over with. Ugh! This was the reason I never got to play the demo BEFORE it went public... X(

It took me a while to get a good feel of how blade mode works and pull off quick slices. It was like getting the feel of RE4's third-person approach of shooting stuff, but once I got the hang of it, cutting up cyborgs and geckos into hundreds of pieces was nothing short of satisfactory. 8) Took me a little longer to realize it was part of the scoring mechanics though...

Parrying was kind of annoying, especially considering they never teach you this before getting my butt handed while trying to figure out how it works. (Splatterhouse 2010 was also guilty of this.) How it works was like Bayonetta with one of the accesories in that game but you use the □/X in the direction of the attack.

Nice that they add the option of stealth kills, but how am I suppose to outrun a gecko that's faster than me if I'm spotted while trying to take the stealthy approach?

-EDIT-
Also DAT 60/FPS! Looks awesome, even on my sucky SDTV!

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 04:31:48 AM
dat mistral theme