Project X Zone 2

Solar · 18783

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 05:53:15 AM
I'll be interested in seeing some sprite rips though.
Ahahahahaha... this again.

I guess I'll give it a look but honestly I'm not good at fighters. Then again I'm only good at JRPGs and FPS and stanard mario/sonic platformers so I guess my TERRIBLE tastes are to blame.

Be sure to play either Reload or Accent Core, if you're going to try Guilty Gear... unless you care about its garbled mess of a plot.
Avoid Isuka... AVOID IT.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 06:42:34 AM
The 3DS has been in troubled waters since it's release.

...If by troubled waters you mean the best selling system in Japan by [tornado fang]ing far then I'd hate to see the condition of the waters every other console is in right now.

Honestly, the likely reason it didn't do well is because from everything I hear, the gameplay itself is kinda mediocre and could definitely be improved. Won't stop me from buying it anyways since I liked Endless Frontier and people seem to hate that one too. Have any of these games even sold well at all anyways (NxC and the Endless Frontier games)?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 11:13:38 AM
Emergency price drop, Ambassador Program, Nintendo in the red for the first time ever, ring any bells?

Seems like they're evening out a little after their entire emergency marketing meltdown and reformation but so far it's been a very rough road for them.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 05:15:44 PM
Emergency price drop, Ambassador Program, Nintendo in the red for the first time ever, ring any bells?

Yes, but after that they've started selling literally as much as every other console combined on a weekly basis. Being in troubled waters is definitely not something I'd still use to describe the 3DS at all.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 07:31:54 PM
Honestly 300 isn't a good number for Nintendo.
I haven't heard about the Wii U selling INCREDIBLY well either.

Then again no console should be over 200 bucks.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 01:38:25 AM
Yes, NINTENDO is the one who needs to learn about making cheap, economical consoles...

I think probably a combination of that and it being on a system that didn't quite take off as much as everyone expected it to. The 3DS has been in troubled waters since it's release.
Really?  From what I've heard the 3DS is more or less kicking ass in Japan, just not the instant print-money that everyone wanted (let's be honest here, anyone who thought the DS and Wii success rate would be duplicated just because Nintendo snaps its fingers, is an IDIOT, and the DS wasn't even super-popular at its launch either).  It's having more trouble overseas, although, the fact that half its [parasitic bomb] isn't making it out is kind of WHY.

The launch was troubled all-around, but remember that all of that emergency marketing crap was over a year ago.  Between Kid Icarus, Layton, Resident Evil, the 9 different flavors of Mario, a competent online structure, and Monster Hunter (in Japan), 3DS busted some serious heads in 2012

To be honest I never really thought the game looked that amazing to begin with. People here mostly only jumped on it because omgmegaman
Do we NEED another reason?

But I actually jumped on it because omgnamcoxcapcom2 (plus Sega)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 01:40:02 AM
I'll probably try this and hopefully I can get my 3DS fixed by then.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 04:25:31 AM
the fact that half its [parasitic bomb] isn't making it out is kind of WHY.

America needs to get their heads out of the clouds and actually start looking for potential within the system in both eastern and western fronts; the 3DS library is pathetically miniscule in comparison to the DS' at the moment, so it doesn't look like any other reason other than "oh, it's a fanicer DS." The Vita even more so and not just cheap, easily produced cellphone games and other business practices that are questionable.

See where "Unlimited Creative Freedom" can get ya? (It can be good, but it's a double-edged sword at this point) It can be my nostalgia [Top Spin] in me saying so, but honestly repeating the same mistakes isin't rather a good move. :\

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 04:13:23 AM
It's a natural conclusion when you consider that the system is more successful in Japan than it is here, though.  There was a bit of back-and-forth between Reggie and Iwata on that a couple months back, with Reggie claiming to suffer a "visceral reaction" when Iwata himself observed such.

It's kinda hard for a system to NOT have a smaller library than its predecessor when it's still within the first two years of its life.  I mean, even assuming no increase in dev time and a linear understanding of...well, you get the idea.  And I'm certainly not saying that there aren't good 3DS games here.  I cannot POSSIBLY trash the system library that gave me Kid Icarus Uprising.  But suffice to say, there are plenty of reasons for 3DS owners to curse the region-lock (and/or their own inability to read Japanese).  PxZ was the biggest one on my personal list, but it's kind of the tip of the iceberg when you look at the system library as a whole.

And hey, just a thought, this may have something to do with why Pokemon X/Y is launching simultaneously worldwide, which is a first for the franchise.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 11, 2013, 11:37:14 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-KoK03bTok[/youtube]

Namco Bandai is bundling extra goodies with Project X Zone. The game will be sold as a limited edition with a mini-art book, poster, and music CD packaged with the game. Project X Zone will still retail for $39.99.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 13, 2013, 06:45:57 AM
REALLY need to pre-order that...  *drools*

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 13, 2013, 06:52:11 AM
Dunno, I kind of saw it as a matter of time till it got localized. In any case, it just didn't surprise me.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 02:36:55 AM
I really, really wish I had the money for consoles. This seems like my kind of thing.

what

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 04, 2013, 06:51:44 PM
The demo is out for NA.

Since the eShop didn't update yet, you'll have to search "Project X Zone", go to the game and the demo will be there. Or just go to the "Future Releases" section.

Edit: It's labeled as "Demo A". So I guess there will be others down the road.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 04, 2013, 06:56:16 PM
Is on this like an Ahrzayl on a new game demo!!

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #40 on: June 04, 2013, 08:06:49 PM
Is somebody here gonna record this? I gotta see this in action!

what

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: June 05, 2013, 07:10:50 AM
First of all, [tornado fang] you Bamco for the 5 uses only thing. Second of all, man, even though I know I'll eventually get tired of it because the game is supposedly much longer than it should be (60 hours I think?) the flashy attacks are blinding me and I want it now D:

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 26, 2013, 07:29:02 AM
First of all, [tornado fang] you Bamco for the 5 uses only thing. Second of all, man, even though I know I'll eventually get tired of it because the game is supposedly much longer than it should be (60 hours I think?) the flashy attacks are blinding me and I want it now D:

This is exactly how I feel about it, word for word.

There's also a possibility that Demo B will feature X and Zero.

Posted on: June 05, 2013, 01:17:01 AM
I have no idea if I prefer this over the JP vocalized version or not.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=NdUJ9MVVJ10[/youtube]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: June 26, 2013, 07:46:19 AM
Well I'm at like Chapter 7 or something and X and Zero haven't joined up yet.

Kite and BlackRose just came in though so they can't be far off seeing as the only MMX stuff I've seen is Cyber Peacock's stage in some slides so that's probably where they'll find our merry group.

I love how Chapter 3 started with Kattelox Island, mentions of a Rocket, had Reaverbots as enemies, and is titled "The Further Misadventures of Tron Bonne" though, very funny guys.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 06, 2013, 06:30:06 AM
So, the "key Mega Man points" are as follows:

-Tron Bonne joins in Chapter 3.
-X and Zero join in Chapter 20.  Also, fight Vile.
-Iris appears in Chapter 29.

I knew up-front that the game ignores Xtreme2, but I also found out that Zero recites X4 verbatim more than once.  Despite that, the encounter with Iris actually went very well.  After all is said and done, we get an answer to that immortal question from 1997, and Iris is effectively the reason that Genmu Zero happens.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 06, 2013, 02:21:31 PM
Someone should transcribe those sections.

Skimming through a youtube, I notice the more correct names "Horokko" and "Red Horokko" are used for the Reaverbots in PxZ. Also "Sharukurusu (green)" and "Sharukurusu (red)".

Oddly enough "Gunbolt" and both "Mettaur C-15" and "Mettaur D2" make their appearance.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 04, 2013, 07:41:38 AM
I want to beat the game first, but I do still have a Chapter 29 quicksave, and I do intend to revisit.  All of your observations on enemy names/appearances are correct, as I recall.  There's also Ride Armor (green) and Ride Armor (red) as well.

BTW, as an update/confirmation to our Japanese lexicons: "Genmu Zero" isn't just a localization thing.  Zero's japanese VA clearly yells that, and not "Genmurei".

Posted on: July 06, 2013, 09:48:40 PM
Someone should transcribe those sections.
It is time.  Ask, and ye shall be equipped!

Spoiler'd below is a transcription of all of Chapter 29.  Just to remind everyone of a few things:
-The dialogue reveals certain enemies who are no longer enemies at a later point, as well as some vague plot points, so it actually IS spoiler-ific.
-Zero quotes X4 verbatim a few times, so brace yourself.  Also, Xtreme2/Soul Eraser doesn't seem to exist in this game's canon; its data files give the old outdated description of Iris falling for Zero after he saved her life, which clashes with MMX:OCW.  X also doesn't appear to know Iris that well.
-I'll not waste time bothering to explain EVERY character who speaks in this transcription, but you should probably be aware that Neneko and Neito share the same body.

[spoiler]Project X Zone, Chapter 29:

*our heroes teleport into what appears to be a cyberspace rendition of an old seaside town in serious decay; not only does the town appear to be rotting but there are "gaps" in the image of it as well*

Estelle: This is...?!
Xiaomu: Oh, no.  ...You're telling me this is The World?!
Leanne: No!  This...  This is Mac Anu?!
Ken: I hardly recognize the place any longer.  What a nightmare.
X: What's all this noise?!  This cyberspace is about to fall apart!
BlackRose: I've seen this before, the last time The World was in danger.
Kite: It's just like when the Cursed Wave corrupted the net!
Reiji: What's that giant boulder back there?
Neneko: Neneko knows, really!  The Feydooms use it to, uh, do some stuff, okay.  ......
Neito: This is part of the dream world of Moera.
Alisa: The dream world, the world where the Feydooms came from.
Neito: Correct.  And as you can see, the Feydooms have become stronger.
*"Information" window appears referencing Aura*
Zephyr: Shouldn't we ask the admins about this?
Erica: Right!  We have all of Aura's data, don't we?
Ulala: All right, let's switch over to Aura on the scene!  Aura, can you hear me?
Kite: I-I don't think she can.  All of Aura's data is gone from my bracelet.
Juri: Whaaat?  So she threw us into this dump and then disappeared?
Jill: Maybe this world corruption has something to do with it.
Devilotte: Could be.  Aura's a part of The World's control system, after all.
Mii: If so, that means The World's in some pretty serious danger here.
KOS-MOS: Data anomaly detected.  It is coming in this direction.
Riela: What, more?  Things are already screwed up enough as it is.
*Feydooms and Gnosis teleport in*
Neneko: Feydooms, huh!  There's so many of them, you know!
T-elos: Gnosis.  These "dreams" must have attracted them into this space.  Hilbert Effect!
*Screen flashes as the Gnosis become vulnerable, then two Skeiths appear on the opposite end of town.*
Skeith: ......
Skeith: ......
Demitri: Mmm?  Two of them?
Saya: So now it's building copies of itself?
Arthur: I can't believe he made it out of the demon world.
Frank: Maybe it's this power of his that made this world go all loopy!
*a third Skeith, "Skeith Zero", appears atop a large boulder, out of range of our heroes*
Skeith Zero: ......
Morrigan: Pulling out all the stops, aren't they?  First two Astaroths, and now this.
Kite: Skeith?  No!  That's something else!
Dante: Something else?  He looks the same, but you're saying he's not?
Heihachi: Hmph.  I say we drag him off of that rock for a closer look.
Bruno:  Yeah!  Let's do it!  Just watch out for all these other guys!

*battle begins*
Victory:
- Wipe out all enemies
Defeat:
- X & Zero are defeated
- Kogoro & Mii are defeated
Enemy: 36 remaining

*a few turns pass, battling Feydooms and Gnosis; as you approach the center of town, Vile teleports in*
Vile: Heh heh, heh heh heh...
X: Vile?!  Why are you here?!
Vile: I see all the arrangements have been made.  Good.
Lindow: What's that mean?  Did you have it all set up to enter the scene now?
Tron: What kind of business does a Maverick like you have here, anyway?
Vile: ......  Haven't you ever considered why I was resurrected?
Kogoro: Well, Due from Oros Phlox brought you back to life, right?
Vile: No.  She and I share a common goal; that's all.  I stand before you out of my own sheer will.
Jin: Oh, don't be stupid.  You can't raise yourself from the dead by will alone.
Neneko: Neneko has witnessed an amazing mystery, really.
Neito: It's the Feydooms' power at work.
Hsien-Ko: Oh, Neito!  What power do you mean?
Neito: The Feydooms have restored their past selves within this network.  Fear, pain.  The sadness of separation, the morbid phobia of death.
Zero: So what do those emotions and the Feydooms have to do with Vile here?
X: Hatred, revenge, anger.  Now I get it, Vile.
Vile: Yes.  All of that stayed within me.  It never went away at all.  That's all there is to it, X!
Yuri: So that obsession of his was linked up with the Feydooms, and here we are?
Zero: You're a sad man, Maverick.  Being revived like that doesn't change your fate.
Vile: Maverick?  You call me a Maverick, Zero?  Heh heh.  Well, fine.  You won't be saying that again after I'm done with you.
Zero: What?!
Kurt: This is bad.  And what about Skeith?  He's not doing anything.
Bahn: That's why we gotta take action first!  Before anything worse can happen!
Vile: Heh heh heh.
*a number of Ride Armors, Gunbolts, and Sharukurusus teleport in around Vile*

*the battle continues for several more turns, as you get closer to Vile*
Servbot: Environmental anomaly detected!  Something else is coming!
Alisa: Its data signature is similar to Vile's!
Lady: Someone like Vile, then?!
*Iris, who is unknown to most of the crew, teleports in atop the stone that Skeith Zero is standing on*
???: ......
Zero: ?!
???: Zero.  Zero, I so wanted to see you.
Zero: Iris?  It can't be!  Iris!
X: Iris?!  The Colonel's sister?  That Iris?!  Zero!  You defeated her during the battle against the Repliforce!
Zero: ......
*X and Zero move to very near Vile's position, as close to Iris and Skeith Zero as is accessible on the map; map sprite changes from X's to Zero's*
Iris: Zero.  You're there too, X?  Why don't we live together in a world just for Reploids?  I think we can do it.  If we just use all the power gathered here.
X: Iris, what are you saying!
Zero: Iris, there's no world just for Reploids.  It's only a fantasy!  And now look.  All these worlds, mixed up together.  There's just no way!
Iris: But can't we work to build it together, Zero?  The reason I'm here...is because of your hopes.
X: ?!
Zero: That...  That's what I wanted?!  But if so...  Then...  What am I fighting for?!  No, no!  I...!
Vile: What's wrong, Zero?  A Special A Class Hunter like you, refusing this lady's request?  Pathetic.
Zero: Grh...  Vile!
Vile: Yes.  Let me see more of that anger.  You're just the same as I am!
Zero: No!  I...  I...!
Iris: Vile, that's enough!  Please stop!
X: Zero, calm down!  You can't lose here!  You promised you'd stop me if I acted like that!  And now you're doing it first...  I can't let you do that!
Zero: X...!
*Zero's map sprite starts glowing red*
Zero: Nnghh...
X: Zero?!  Zero, speak to me!  Zero!
X: (No, Zero...!)
Ichiro: X!  What's going on?  What happened to Zero?!
Sakura: And who is that girl, Iris?!
Gemini: What were you saying to each other?  You both know each other?
Cyrille: Is she a Reploid?
Iris: ......
Kite: (D-Did Skeith create that girl?)
X: I'm sorry!  Zero can't move right now!  I need to guard Zero for now!  Someone come here and relieve us!
Ryu: Huh?
Pai: Did you notice that, Ryu?  From X?
Ryu: Yeah.  What is this?  That's definitely a "spirit" I'm feeling from him.
Alisa: That can't be.  X is a robot.
KOS-MOS: It is part of the Reploid potential stored within X's and Zero's bodies.
Zero: Ngh, Iris...
Toma: I don't get any of this, but it looks like trouble.  We better save Zero!
Chris: Yeah.  It doesn't matter who.  Someone has to help X out!
Vile: No, they don't.  I need them to experience some more pain first!
Vashyron: That dude's crazy!  Let's move, people!

*battle continues under new conditions*
Victory:
- Reach Zero by the end of Turn 9 and "(B)Standby" to rescue him, or defeat Vile.
Defeat:
- Fail to Rescue Zero by the end of the indicated Turn
- Allies are wiped out
Enemy: ((whatever amount)) remaining

HELP: Move an ally next to Zero and select "(B)Standby" to rescue him.  Fail to do so by the indicated turn and it will be Game Over.

*battle continues until either Vile is defeated or Zero is rescued*
X: Thanks a lot.  Zero, are you all right?!
Zero: Ngh.  I'm fine...  I...  I...am a Hunter.  I fight the Mavericks.  It's what I was made for.  I didn't mean to look back on the past.  I just couldn't let myself...
Iris: Zero.
Zero: Iris.  Let me tell you what I'm hoping for.  I want to make a world where no one has to go through what we did.  And that world is not only going to be for the Reploids, Iris.
*Iris moves off the rock, floating to near Zero's position just outside the map*
Iris: Zero...
*Aura appears, a ways behind Zero*
Aura: ......
Kite: Aura?
Aura: You are not supposed to be here...  Your heart...  It cannot stay here.
Iris: I know.  I know I shouldn't be here, and that I shouldn't have met Zero.  But I'm still happy.  I'm glad Zero's still the same as before.  And, as always, he will never lose.
Iris: Don't worry, Zero.  You have the strength to overcome your destiny.  Goodbye, Zero.  I'm glad I could tell you that.
*Iris disappears*

*an EXTREMELY late intro jingle plays*
Chapter 29
An Unbeatable Love

Aura: Iris' presence has disappeared from The World.  She has been released.
*cue Zero's kickbutt X1 theme music*
Zero: Iris.  I promise...  I'll go to where you are someday.  But before then!
X: Zero...
Zero: Sorry, X.  I wish you didn't have to see that.
X: It's all right, Zero.  We better fight even harder for her sake.
Zero: Yeah.  I'm not gonna abandon this case.  Not until the very end.
Aura: Thank heavens...
Soma: Aura, are you all right?
Aura: It took a while to rebuild my data, but I am fine now.  Now, Kite...
Kite: Yeah.  Beat Skeith!
Aura: I will try accessing the inner core of the system.
BlackRose: Thanks.  We'll handle this mess for you!
*map sprite shifts from Zero back to X*
Akira: I'm not gonna pry in your business, Zero.  Are you ready to fight?
Zero: No problem here.  I'm back in the mission!  (I hope you're watching, Iris, from wherever you are right now.)  (No matter what future I blaze for myself...)

HELP: X & Zero learned Multi-Attack: Hadoken & Genmu Zero!

*Skeith Zero moves down to the map*
Kite: Skeith!
BlackRose: Is that really Skeith?!
Flynn: Was he observing us up there?
Imca: I don't know.  But we have to kill him.

*battle continues under new conditions*
Victory:
- Wipe out all enemies
Defeat:
- Allies are wiped out
Enemy: ((whatever amount)) remaining

*after Vile is defeated*
Vile: Did you have fun, Zero?  Heh heh.  This isn't over yet, X!  Not for you either, Zero!  I'm still not done!
*Vile leaves the field*
Zero: I'll make him pay.
X: Yeah.  We'll settle this.  All my old hesitance is gone now.

*after Skeith Zero is defeated*
Kite: Who-who are you?  Are you Skeith?!
*Skeith Zero leaves the field*
BlackRose: Kite, who is that guy?
Kite: I don't know, but we can't lose track of him.  That's about the only thing I'm sure of here.

*after all enemies have been defeated, the group stands assembled in front of Aura*
Valkyrie: How is The World faring right now, Aura?
Aura: I think I can repair it.  But I will need time.
Xiaoyu: Are Vile and that weird version of Skeith still in The World?
Aura: I believe that they are gone.
BlackRose: Must've logged out into the real world.
Kogoro: Why don't we go back to real life, too?
Mii: Is something bothering you, Kogoro?
Kogoro: We've been on alien worlds, deep into the future, in computerized spaces.  We haven't been back to our own real-life world in a pretty good while.
Batsu: Yeah, he's got a point.  But how'll we get there?
Kogoro: I think this crisis has a lot to do with the Koryuji family's stolen treasure.
*"Information" window appears referencing Due*
Kogoro: I'm worried about Due, too.  We know that Vile's working with her, besides.
*"Information" window appears referencing the Portalstone*
Mii: The stolen Portalstone?
Chun-Li: Hmm.  Maybe we should return to the scene of the crime.
Rikiya: Makes sense to me.  Aura, is there any way you could do that?
Aura: I can take you to Akihabara, yes.
Kaguya: Akihabara?  Why there?
Aura: There is a gate there.  It is stable enough to use as a Chaos Gate.
Sanger: A Cross Gate, huh?
Haken: Okay, Miss Aura.  You ready?
Aura: Certainly.  Be careful.
*Aura sends the group away, and the chapter ends*[/spoiler]

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 04, 2013, 12:08:35 PM
The transcription is much appreciated. I started my own last week, but I didn't get 'that' far into chapter 29.

[spoiler]
Horokko
Red Horokko
Sharukurusu (green)
Sharukurusu (red)
Gunbolt
Mettaur C-15
Mettaur D2
Ride Armor (green)
Ride Armor (red)
Tron
   King Servbot
X & Zero
   X-Buster & Z-Saber
   Tornado Fang & Kuuenzan
   Frost Tower & Hyouretsuzan
   Twin Slasher & Raijingeki
   Nova Strike & Shippuuga
   Ultimate Armor  & Raikuhouha
   Hadoken & Genmu Zero
Iris
Vile
   Rising Specter
   Splash Hit
Vile & Ride Armor

Tron: Show me your power!
Tron: Now, go get 'em!
Tron: Ohhh, now! King Servbot!

X: Do you want to take the lead this time Zero?

X: Victory favors the bold. That's the way combat is.

Zero: Well, that could have gone better, but there's no problem for now.

X: I always feel like I lean on you too much, Zero.
Zero: Don't worry about it. You can return the favor sometime.

Zero: Don't miss the target!
X: Can you stand the armor's full power?

http://youtu.be/7LIQdqPD-7k?t=17m9s

??? (Vile): I'll give my own intro, thanks. I got my own mission here.
??? (Vile): My goal is to destroy him. Tear him limb from limb.
Tron: Vile? No way!
??? (Zero): Yes! The Maverick who teamed up with Sigma to destroy our organization.
??? (X): Cyberspace is overflowing with data. Where did all these people come from.
Tron: Huh?! Mega Man?!
??? (Zero): And that's not all. I was never expecting to see him again.
??? (X): ......
Vile: Zero. And you, X!
KOS-MOS: Zero and X. Searching database.
KOS-MOS: Zero is commander of the Special 0 Unit of the Maverick Hunters.
KOS-MOS: X, meanwhile, commands the 17th Elite Unit of the same group.
Servbot: And Maverick Hunters are guys who fight against out-of-control Reploids!
Vile: Commander, I see. How ironic that you should have Sigma's old post.
X: Vile! You were destroyed long ago! Why are you here!
Vile: I believe I've told you. I will never go away. Not untill I've killed you!
X: But why? Why are you doing this?!
Vile: To show you, X, that you are capable of nothing.
Vile: I am the one who will change the world!
Zero: X, don't listen to what that Maverick's saying.
Zero: If he's back in action, we'll just have to defeat him again!
X: But is that going to solve anything, Zero?
X: Reploids constantly destroying each other. It has to end!
Vile: Heh heh heh. Haaaa ha ha ha ha!!
Vile: Stewing in your own juices again, eh, X?
Vile: That hesitation is exactly what's ruined all of your potential!
X: Vile. I don't know why you hate me so much.
X: But I know what I have to do.
X: Because now I lead the 17th Elite Unit!

Chapter 20
The Maverick Hunters

Chun-Li: The Maverick Hunters. Are they like the police of this world?
Devilotte: More like a special forces group, I'd say.
Pai: And Vile must be some kind of notorious criminal.
Kogoro: Judging by their conversation, he's another guy who was killed in the past.
Batsu: What the hell, man? This is all making less and less sense!
X: "Another guy"?! Do you people know something about this?
Xiaoyu: Well, more like we're being swept up by it, I guess you could say.
Zero: I don't know who most of you are.
Zero: But some of you are in my data stores.
Zero: KOS-MOS of Vector Industries, Tron the air pirate, Princess Devilotte...
X: We can get the story later, Zero. If Vile is here, something bad is happening.
Zero: I hear you there. Try not to drag us down, guys!
Lady: Yeah, you too. Think we can trust them?
S"anger: Are they androids?
Tron: Reploids. They're robots, but they think, feel and act like real people.
Servbot: Ooh, I want to be friends with them! Can we be friends? Can we?
Demitri: Well, hopefully they live up to the "Hunter" name they call themselves.
X: I'll do everything I can. I'm afraid fighting is the only solution here.
Vile: You will all die. I refuse to allow anyone to interfere with me.
Ciseaux: Hah! Well, that's what you get when you name a robot Vile, eh?
Due: Shall we begin, then? We're just about at the right moment for it.
Due: Besides your "power" is beginning to manifest itself beautifully!
Mii: UGH, yes, we get it, foreshadowing, we're very impressed.

Ciseaux: Oooh, curse you! I'll nip your tails yet! Ahh, the repairs to be done.

http://youtu.be/vN5r7vdScxs?t=14m41s

Vile: Heh, heh heh! So this is me! This is who I am now!
Vile: Heh heh... Ha ha ha ha ha!
*Vile leaves*
X: How long's it been since we last saw him, Zero?
Zero: I couldn't say. But now we know what our next mission is.
X: You said it. No way can we leave Vile unsupervised.

http://youtu.be/vN5r7vdScxs?t=22m36s

Alisa: No other enemies in range. Operation complete.
X: Thanks for the help. Could I ask who you guys are now?
Zero: I want to hear everything you know about this.
Toma: Well, it's kinda complex. I still don't get a lot of it myself.
KOS-MOS: Wait. I sense a new energy source.
Jin: Someone else? Where is it?
Servbot: It's from that capsule!

Toma: Is this a transporter? There's something like this in the Geo-Fortress.
X: It's a data transport capsule. It's already offline, though.
??? (Aura): ...Ka...i...
??? (Aura): Ki...te...
Kite: Aura...?!
Aura: Kite... I...finally found you...
Zero: Who's that?!
Alisa*: Don't hurt her! She's our friend!
Aura: Kite, BlackRose... I'm sorry.
Kite: Aura! What happened to you?
Aura: I--I wasn't able to protect The World.
BlackRose: D--Did Skeith destroy you again?
Aura: Yes. What you see before you is just a segment of my data.
Aura: If this capsule were not here, none of my program would have escaped.
X: Whew! I wasn't expecting this capsule to go saving people's lives.
Aura: I can only thank you for being there for me.
Aura: Kite, use your bracelet. I have the coordinates to The World for you.
Kite: All right. I'll try it.
*Everybody is teleported*
Estelle: Is this a church?
X: No. I can sense that we're still in cyberspace.
Aura: Yes. This is The World.
Aura: But it is now beyond my control.
Kite: So we can't logout.
Aura: I'm sorry, Kite.
Cyrille: Can you fix this if you got your powers back?
Aura: If you can find the scattered segments of my program, yes.
Imca: Where are they?
Aura: There are four segments. I know of the location of three of them.
BlackRose: Are they here in The World?
Aura: You can take a Chaos Gate there. Let me take you to Mac Anu first...
*Everybody is teleported*

http://youtu.be/K_DFfsZi8Xk?t=29m16s

Vile: Heh heh, heh heh heh...
X: Vile?! Why are you here?!
Vile: I see all the arrangements have been made. Good.
Lindow: What's that mean? Did you have it all set up to enter the scene now?
Tron: What kind of business does a Maverick like you have here, anyway?
Vile: ......
Vile: Haven't you ever considered why I was resurrected?
Kogoro: Well, Due from Oros Phlox brought you back to life, right?
Vile: No. She and I share a common goal; that's all.
Vile: I stand before you out of my own sheer will.
Jin: Oh, don't be stupid. You can't raise yourself from the dead by will alone.
Neneko: Neneko has witnessed an amazing mystery, really.
Neito: It's the Feydoom's power at work.
Hsien-Ko: Oh, Neito! What power do you mean?
Neito: The Feydooms have restored their past selves within this network.
Neito: Fear, pain. The sadness of seperation, the morbid phobia of death.
Zero: So what do those emotions and the Feydooms have to do with Vile here?
X: Hatred, revenge, anger. Now I get it, Vile.
Vile: Yes. All of that stayed within me. It never went away at all.
Vile: That's all there is to it, X!
Yuri: So that obsession of his was linked up with the Feydooms, and here we are.
Zero: You're a sad man, Maverick. Being revived like that doesn't change your fate.
Vile: Maverick? You call me a Maverick, Zero?
Vile: Heh heh. Well, fine. You won't be saying that again after I'm done with you.
Zero: What?!
Kurt: This is bad. And what about Skeith? He's not doing anything.
Bahn: That's why we gotta take action first! Before anything worse can happen!
Vile: Heh heh heh.

http://youtu.be/K_DFfsZi8Xk?t=34m19s

Servbot: Environmental anomaly detected! Something else is coming!
Alisa: Its data signature is similar to Vile's!
Lady: Someone like Vile, then?!
??? (Iris): ......
Zero: ?!
??? (Iris): Zero. Zero. I so wanted to see you again.
Zero: Iris? It can't be! Iris!
X: Iris?! The Colonel's sister? That Iris?!
X: Zero! You defeated her during the battle against the Repliforce!
Iris: Zero. You're there too, X?
Iris: Why don't we live together in a world just for Reploids?
Iris: I think we can do it. If we just us all the power gathered here.
X: Iris, what are you saying!
Zero: Iris, there's no world just for Reploids. It's only a fantasy.
Zero: And now look. All these worlds, mixed up together. There's just no way!
Iris: But can't we work to build it together, Zero?
Iris: The reason I'm here...is because of your hopes.
X: ?!
Zero: That... That's what I wanted?!
Zero: But if so... Then... What am I fighting for!?
Zero: No, no! I...!
Vile: What's wrong, Zero?
Vile: A Special A Class Hunter like you, refusing this lady's request? Pathetic.
Zero: Grh... Vile...
Vile: Yes. Let me see more of that anger. You're just the same as I am.
Zero: No! I... I...!
Iris: Vile, that's enough! Please stop!
X: Zero, calm down!
X: You can't lose here! You promised you'd stop me if I acted like that.
X: And now you're doing it first... I can't let you do that!
Zero: X...!

Zero: Nnghh...
X: Zero?! Zero, speak to me! Zero!
X: (No, Zero...!)
Ichiro: X! What's going on? What happened to Zero?!
Sakura: And who is that girl, Iris?!
Gemini: What were you saying to each other? You both know each other?
Cyrille: Is she a Reploid?
Kite: (D-Did Skeith create that girl?)
X: I'm sorry! Zero can't move right now!
X: I need to guard Zero for now! Someone come here and relieve us!
Ryu: Huh?
Pai: Did you notice that, Ryu? From X?
Ryu: Yeah. What is this? That's definitely a "spirit" I'm feeling from him.
Alisa: That can't be. X is a robot.
KOS-MOS: It is part of the Reploid potential stored within X's and Zero's bodies.
Zero: Ngh, Iris...
Toma: I don't get any of this, but it looks like trouble. We better save Zero!
Chris: It doesn't matter who, Someone has to help X out!
Vile: No, they don't. I need them to experience some more pain first!
Vashyron: That dude's crazy! Let's move, people!

http://youtu.be/npek0kRsaOI?t=29m11s

X: Thanks a lot. Zero, are you all right?!
Zero: Ngh. I'm fine... I...
Zero: I... am a Hunter. I fight the Mavericks. It's what I was made for.
Zero: I didn't mean to look back on the past. I just couldn't let myself...
Iris: Zero.
Zero: iris. Let me tell you what I'm hoping for.
Zero: I want to make a world where no one has to go through what we did.
Zero: And that world is not going to be for the Reploids, Iris.

Iris: Zero...
Aura: ......
Kite: Aura?
Aura: You are not supposed to be here...
Aura: Your heart... It cannot stay here.
Iris: I know. I know I shouldn't be here, and that I shouldn't have met Zero.
Iris: But I'm still happy. I'm glad Zero's still the same as before.
Iris: And, as always, he will never lose.
Iris: Don't worry, Zero. You have the strenght to overcome your destiny.
Iris: Goodbye, Zero. I'm glad I could tell you that.

Chapter 29
An Unbeatable Love

Aura: Iris' presence has disappeared from The World. She has been released.
Zero: Iris. I promise... I'll go to where you are someday.
Zero: But before then!
X: Zero...
Zero: Sorry, X. I wish you didn't have to see that.
X: It's all right, Zero. We better fight even harder for her sake.
Zero: Yeah. I'm not gonna abandon this case. Not until the very end.
Aura: Thank heavens...
Soma: Aura, are you all right?
Aura: It took awhile to rebuild my data, but I am fine now.
Aura: Now, Kite...
Kite: Yeah. Beat Skeith!
Aura: I will try accessing the inner core of the system.
BlackRose: Thanks. We'll handle this mess for you!
Akira: I'm not gonna pry in your business, Zero. Are you ready to fight?
Zero: No problem here. I'm back in the mission!
Zero: (I hope you're watching, Iris, from wherever you are right now.)
Zero: (No matter what future I blaze for myself...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npek0kRsaOI&feature=youtu.be&t=35m34s
http://youtu.be/npek0kRsaOI?t=46m4s
http://youtu.be/npek0kRsaOI?t=59m3s
http://youtu.be/npek0kRsaOI?t=59m59s
[/spoiler]

Perchance, do you know which chapter involves the infamous "rocket"?

-Zero quotes X4 verbatim a few times, so brace yourself.  Also, Xtreme2/Soul Eraser doesn't seem to exist in this game's canon; its data files give the old outdated description of Iris falling for Zero after he saved her life, which clashes with MMX:OCW.  X also doesn't appear to know Iris that well.

How does it clash with MMX:OCW? I don't believe those sources are really as "old" and "outdated" as you say. In other words: both should be true, at the same time.

-X and Zero meet Iris during the Erasure Incident.
-Iris and Zero dated afterward.
-She falls in love with Zero because of the Sky Lagoon Incident.

Am I missing anything? X himself has only ever been shown to converse with Iris while on a mission; they don't speak at all during X4. Likewise, we are not quite sure how much time has passed since the destruction of the Repliforce. X5 does not seem to have happened yet, however.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 05, 2013, 02:04:56 AM
Perchance, do you know which chapter involves the infamous "rocket"?
Chapter 3, opening.

How does it clash with MMX:OCW? I don't believe those sources are really as "old" and "outdated" as you say. In other words: both should be true, at the same time.

-X and Zero meet Iris during the Erasure Incident.
-Iris and Zero dated afterward.
-She falls in love with Zero because of the Sky Lagoon Incident.
The timing of Iris falling for Zero because of his saving her at Sky Lagoon was a popular assumption based on SB20's translations that merely mentioned the two in the same sentence, without explicitly stating a cause/effect relationship between the two.  In itself, this is a bit suspect with the flashbacks in X4's ending, and it further clashes with Sensei's statements in MMX:OCW page 46, which alleges that she and Zero are supposed to be on a date in the X1-6 OST art.

The line I was referring to, though, is on Page 90.  It states that Iris's feelings for Zero developed during Xtreme2 and not during X4.

"IRIS
Colonel's little sister.  During the Repliforce War, Iris is saved by Zero, who she developed feelings for during the Erasure incidents.  Iris does everything she can to stop the fighting between her brother and Zero.
"

The fact that Iris served as both X's and Zero's navigator during the Erasure would mean that X should know her more as his own navigator than as "Colonel's sister."  That line implies that X is more familiar with Colonel than he is with Iris, which really shouldn't be the case (doubly so if we're operating under the popular assumption that Zero gets most of the fight time with Colonel in X4).

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 05, 2013, 03:21:14 AM
The timing of Iris falling for Zero because of his saving her at Sky Lagoon was a popular assumption based on SB20's translations that merely mentioned the two in the same sentence, without explicitly stating a cause/effect relationship between the two.  In itself, this is a bit suspect with the flashbacks in X4's ending, and it further clashes with Sensei's statements in MMX:OCW page 46, which alleges that she and Zero are supposed to be on a date in the X1-6 OST art.

I think it may be our faulty assumption that the event of Zero saving Iris' life happened during X4.

The fact that Iris served as both X's and Zero's navigator during the Erasure would mean that X should know her more as his own navigator than as "Colonel's sister."  That line implies that X is more familiar with Colonel than he is with Iris, which really shouldn't be the case (doubly so if we're operating under the popular assumption that Zero gets most of the fight time with Colonel in X4).

Identifying her as "Colonel's sister" is more personal than "one of our navigators." Also, that line was clearly phrased using Colonel's name in order to clarify Zero's past transgressions.