Treleus · 27269

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #75 on: January 12, 2013, 04:27:31 AM
IIRC, CoA did Anniversary Collection, which wasn't even a unique game but rather just emulation for a compilation.  It, uh, could have turned out better.  Granted, that was a long time ago, and I'm not sure what they've done more recently...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: January 12, 2013, 04:34:56 AM
IIRC, CoA did Anniversary Collection, which wasn't even a unique game but rather just emulation for a compilation.  It, uh, could have turned out better.  Granted, that was a long time ago, and I'm not sure what they've done more recently...

That was outsourced to a relatively unknown company called 'Atomic Entertainment'. The reason MM7's credits got [tornado fang]'d up was because of them.

The "Bonus" you get for beating MM1 was the "Atomic Planet Credits".

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: January 12, 2013, 05:13:18 AM
I still really liked that game hub world thing with the doors. I thought that was cool.

I sorely missed something similar in X Collection.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #78 on: January 12, 2013, 05:58:53 AM
Well, That's just a compilation. What I meant was a fully original game by CoA ala Sonic Spinball. But what was generous of them enough was to put the two Power Battles games on the disc, along with Battle & Chase, which was nice of them.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: January 12, 2013, 06:23:18 AM
Battle and Chase was on X Collection.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #80 on: January 12, 2013, 06:25:32 AM
I think he knew that and was just including that as an example, especially considering X Collection was already brought up.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: January 12, 2013, 07:02:26 AM
Speaking of the collections, X Collection just felt so lacking compared to some of the finer details of Anniversary.

Then again, they didnt have the Complete Works re-releases to port over. Though I DO fancy they could have done something a tad bit more creative with the title screen... Even if it meant ripping off AC and having a little X sprite running around. But X Collection also just has a bit of weirdness surrounding it, particularly the "supposed" remastery that was going to happen, which I dont remember if it was ever confirmed or not.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #82 on: January 12, 2013, 07:07:23 AM
also the whole "songs don't loop properly and will fade out after a given time before fading back in with a restart" thing

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: January 12, 2013, 07:34:18 AM
And the very I DO think, ordered way the music plays at the game select screen. It's either X6, X4 or X5's, but it has a definite order to it, invariably starting with X6's. (hardly the best that could have started, no? I was never TOO fond of X6's stage select theme)

Also the very bland title screen and very painfully ripped X8 Capcom animation sans Axl, which makes it look very odd, considering X and Zero were positioned the way they were BECAUSE of the third character. (IMO X5's X/Zero logo is far better, and it's not even animated)

Archer

Reply #84 on: January 12, 2013, 07:52:23 AM
Though I DO fancy they could have done something a tad bit more creative with the title screen..

wow its [tornado fang]ing nothing

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #85 on: January 12, 2013, 07:56:33 AM
wow its [tornado fang]ing nothing
to be fair, this is the guy who used to rage about zero's helment

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: January 12, 2013, 08:21:24 AM
I love how you are the one who always seems to brings that up.

Did it move you that profoundly?

But it's true. The title screen LOOKS well enough, but it just feels... I dunno, like more could have been done with it at least. It's so... Silent? Granted, the X titles do have that all in common. (Minus The Xtremes, X8, and Command Mission) At the sub menu... Though since X Collection has none, it leaves just the "press start" title menu alone.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: January 12, 2013, 03:00:56 PM
In all fairness, the Xtreme2 and Command Mission title themes were pretty damn awesome.  X8 probably would have been too if it wasn't played 20 other times in the game.

Most of them do have some cool intro music, though, it's just a question of whether or not they loop.  X6 and X7 are about the only ones that are really silent.  And even X7 has some atmospheric thing going, I think...

That was outsourced to a relatively unknown company called 'Atomic Entertainment'. The reason MM7's credits got [tornado fang]'d up was because of them.

The "Bonus" you get for beating MM1 was the "Atomic Planet Credits".
Outsourced because CoA themselves weren't up to the task.  They were the ones in charge.

And, seriously, MM7 is nowhere near the worst thing to happen to the collection.  MM8 turned out far worse.  It'd be nice if Bass's ending music in Power Fighters didn't skip, either...

And I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do not understand the point of basing 1-6 off of the Complete Works games only to cut the vast majority of the Complete Works content.

I sorely missed something similar in X Collection.
That much is true.  Although, as memory serves, X Collection was done by a CoJ studio.

also the whole "songs don't loop properly and will fade out after a given time before fading back in with a restart" thing
Which is probably evidence that some remastery WAS intended.  If they were simply emulating the SNES sound chip (which you DEFINITELY want to be doing as it significantly cuts the needed storage space compared to the alternative), there is absolutely no reason that should happen.

If anyone feels like refreshing my memory: How was MM7's music looping in Anniversary Collection?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: January 28, 2013, 07:13:33 AM
The X Collection's convenient, but it came off pretty cheap.

To answer the question about starting off X with the air-dash: it would trivialize the leg upgrades if that was the best they could come up with. I think they could've come up with better mobility perks than hovering and gliding, at least for a few more games. I also think it would've been an interesting challenge to design levels around air-dashing and up-dashing, just like how Mega Man X introduced level design built around regular dashing. But the nice thing about that game's level design is that you could even beat it without the dash upgrade. I've never done it, but I think the fact that you can do that serves as a smooth transition from the classic games that preceded it, as well as a nice gesture.

Look, all I'm saying is X should've gotten a leg upgrade that lets him do something awesome, like a Sonic Rainboom or something. Call it the Rainbow Dash boots.

Also someone draw that armor, please.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: January 28, 2013, 07:49:11 AM
Look, all I'm saying is X should've gotten a leg upgrade that lets him do something awesome, like a Sonic Rainboom or something. Call it the Rainbow Dash boots.

Ugh...

Anyway, regarding MM7's music loop...
Last I remember it was perfect.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: January 28, 2013, 01:14:32 PM
The X Collection's convenient, but it came off pretty cheap.

To answer the question about starting off X with the air-dash: it would trivialize the leg upgrades if that was the best they could come up with. I think they could've come up with better mobility perks than hovering and gliding, at least for a few more games. I also think it would've been an interesting challenge to design levels around air-dashing and up-dashing, just like how Mega Man X introduced level design built around regular dashing. But the nice thing about that game's level design is that you could even beat it without the dash upgrade. I've never done it, but I think the fact that you can do that serves as a smooth transition from the classic games that preceded it, as well as a nice gesture.

Also someone draw that armor, please.
Ahahahaha you're so funny *cough*pleasedieinafireandhaverockdroppedatyouandthengetblownawaybyatornado*cough*

We really need something like Wily Wars. Cause Wily Wars was a great compilation...outside the small Protoman sprite, but I digress.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: January 28, 2013, 03:30:51 PM
That's harsh. I've never coughed at someone to die in a fire rock bomb tornado*. I'm not even sure what was funny because you quoted the whole post like a dummy.

*Also someone draw that too, please.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #92 on: January 31, 2013, 09:47:30 PM

Hermes' Shadow Dash was the best thing we got since the air-dash IMO.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: January 31, 2013, 11:30:24 PM
It was ok as an ability. Nothing new, but alright. As far as visuals go, the Zero series did it better.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: January 31, 2013, 11:53:43 PM
One of the few visual advantages that I will give the Zero series, yeah.  Although Xtreme2's flashiness wasn't half bad.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: February 03, 2013, 05:10:09 PM
MMXC's Flame Dash upgrade is a pretty cool leg part. I can see it destroying small airborne enemies chasing you, or serving as a trap for someone to jump into.

Reminds me of the charged Fire Wheel in X2.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #96 on: February 03, 2013, 08:25:08 PM
Doesn't have to be dash-related, of course. If we got a heavy-looking armour like Gaea again the legs part could be something like a Wario-buttstomp kind of effect...