Final Fantasy III PSP(Now With Pictures)

xnamkcor · 3670

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 09:19:41 PM
Edit: Why am I always the first post of a new page?  :|

If you want rationale as to why I prefer the Famicom version over the remake(s?), it's simple:
In the original <i>Final Fantasy</i> as well as <i>III</i>, I tended to make up my own story, kind of like one would do in a tabletop RPG.  My group had their own unique dynamics, aspirations, dreams, and so-forth.

Square-Enix, in their infinite wisdom, decided to take that away in the remake of <i>III</i>.  And yet, they kept that aspect in <b>every single remake</b> of <i>I</i>.  If any game in the series could have used more oomph in the story department, it was the first one.  Not the third one.

And that's why I prefer the Famicom version over the DS/iOS/PSP version.  Because they messed with a classic.  I would have no gripe if the quartet of Onion Kids had had personalities, hopes, aspirations, etc. of their own, but they barely say two words in the original version, so.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 11:17:20 PM
Truth be told, Cloud of Darkness is more easier in FFIII DS.  in NES, she doesn't bullshit around, flare wave, EVERY TURN.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 11:45:34 PM
You don't see me bitching about Final Fantasy IV, do you, xnam?  Any version of Final Fantasy IV.  Then again, I might be slightly biased, since that's my favorite game in the series.  XP

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 11:52:02 PM
It would appear I misread your post earlier. It would seem you meant that you would only leave this topic for that one day.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 12:02:01 AM
Yeah, I came back.  Because people less ridiculous than you started posting.  But hey, if you want me out of your topic for good, then fine.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 12:24:44 AM
You're welcome to post, but this will not become a "this game sucks" topic.

Edit: I gave that door a potion. Doors love potions.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:37:18 AM by xnamkcor »