[News] No New Game for 25th Anniversary (Probably)

Joseph Collins · 32704

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 02:33:51 AM
If that'd happen then it'd just keep showing how everyone can handle the MM franchise better than Capcom itself.
Maybe, but they'd still get my money through their licensing it.  And they DAMN WELL would get it, I assure you.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 04:41:34 AM
Capcom should throw their weight behind the localization. They can at least handle that.

http://twinfinite.net/blog/2012/09/18/news-project-x-zone-needs-to-be-localized/

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 01:57:34 PM
The next Mega Man game will be a Game & Watch revival with yoku blocks. I can feel it.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 02:54:24 PM
I hope ProjectXzone doesn't get localized. Now hold on. Put the torches do- PUT THE TORCHES DOWN.

Heres the logic. ProjectXZone is a highly anticipated, popular, title. It has the same weight as Namco X Capcom had, and we all know where that lead; A fan translation.

What does the 3DS lack that the PS2 has? The ability to play patched/altered/homebrew games, via various methods.

ProjectXZone will drive the homebrew community to get their things together and create some method to play other region titles. They will want to fan tranlsate it so bad, just like Namco X Capcom, it will drive the whole event to fruition.

Now, the side effects to this are; Now we can play titles from other regions. We're already missing out on a ton of stuff for the 3DS that will never make it over here.

But it extends further than that. When an inevitable super rouge agent inside Capcom takes the completed Legends 3 prototype build and releases it to the deserving fans, we'll have an avenue to play it.

It's for the greater good!

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: September 19, 2012, 06:11:33 PM
I dunno.  Maybe we'll get lucky and Capcom will come out of nowhere with some extravagant celebratory thing that blows everyone away.  Like... they release Mega Man Universe, Legends 3, and take the reigns on Rockman Online for release.

Yea, and maybe they're bring back a Strider game while they're at it, and everyone will all be hunky doory over the last year.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: September 19, 2012, 06:25:01 PM
I hope ProjectXzone doesn't get localized. Now hold on. Put the torches do- PUT THE TORCHES DOWN.

Heres the logic. ProjectXZone is a highly anticipated, popular, title. It has the same weight as Namco X Capcom had, and we all know where that lead; A fan translation.

What does the 3DS lack that the PS2 has? The ability to play patched/altered/homebrew games, via various methods.

ProjectXZone will drive the homebrew community to get their things together and create some method to play other region titles. They will want to fan tranlsate it so bad, just like Namco X Capcom, it will drive the whole event to fruition.

Now, the side effects to this are; Now we can play titles from other regions. We're already missing out on a ton of stuff for the 3DS that will never make it over here.

But it extends further than that. When an inevitable super rouge agent inside Capcom takes the completed Legends 3 prototype build and releases it to the deserving fans, we'll have an avenue to play it.

Interesting scenario, but out of all the great (looking) Japanese games that have come and gone, very few actually drive a translation/homebrew movement. The few notable examples I'm aware of are Clocktower, Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Mother 3. As great as Project X Zone looks, I don't think it'll be the game to drive 3DS homebrew work to break the region lock. Translation, sure, but breaking a software-based region lock? Now that's a project.

The Legends 3 Prototype has a better chance of doing that because of its notoriety, but only if it gets released to the wild.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 19, 2012, 07:12:06 PM

I hope you're joking.
Please tell me you are.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #57 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:50 PM

because, you know, they're totally not putting forth their full effort to hack it already. this isn't about the greater good, this is about fulfilling your selfish needs as quickly as possible and masquerading it as something good.

yes, the 3ds should be hacked, and i'm eagerly awaiting that day. but they're already working hard on that, believe me. and there are other games that could take this route if not localized (like Bravely Default, for instance).

regardless of this, we'll see what happens.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 19, 2012, 10:01:28 PM

The chances of that happening are roughly the equivalent of Tales of Rebith, Hearts, Innocence, and Destiny 2 getting another remake and those actually come out in America, The PS3 remake of Tales of Vesperia comes out in America, the rom hacking comunity translating Ketai Denjuu Telefang so that way we don't have to play the Chinese Bootlegs Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Jade, Earthbound getting on the virtual console, Seiken Densetsu 3 getting a 3DS remake, somehow we get remakes of Final Fantasy 5 and 6 (though this I still hope happens one way or another), and God Eater Burst's squeal getting localized when it comes out because I don't think it did well enough in America due to the fact it was released the same time as Final Fantasy Duodecim and not to mention the problem with most games no advertisements and considering it plays a lot like Monster Hunter I think it would have benefited with advertising.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 10:03:44 PM
Your post got quoted 4 times in a row

you're popular objection

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: September 19, 2012, 10:15:55 PM
It's official: Japan thinks we're too stupid for RPGs (edit) and strategy games.  :B

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: September 19, 2012, 10:36:37 PM
Your post got quoted 4 times in a row

you're popular objection

I'm a superstar!

this isn't about the greater good, this is about fulfilling your selfish needs as quickly as possible and masquerading it as something good.

My interests ARE the greater good!

Erm- FOR THE CAUSE!! LEGENDS 3!! BELIEVE!!

It was mostly satirical conjecture, however, I so wish someone at Capcom would dump the build but it'll likely never happen.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #62 on: September 20, 2012, 02:09:09 AM
I'm a superstar!

My interests ARE the greater good!

Erm- FOR THE CAUSE!! LEGENDS 3!! BELIEVE!!

It was mostly satirical conjecture, however, I so wish someone at Capcom would dump the build but it'll likely never happen.
Yeah I hope so too. :<

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: September 21, 2012, 03:14:07 AM

I am keeping a VERY tight grip on my torch...but you'll go un-burned for now.

The main problem with that scenario is that the 3DS actually has worthwhile network functionality, so you're more likely to get caught up in firmware wars and anti-piracy/homebrew efforts.  Honestly, knowing that the system monitors what games you're playing, I'd damn near buy a whole new system for hacking anyway.

I certainly want my console broken in the event that any Legends 3 leaks are made, no doubt there.  Still, I'd like to think that some OTHER game could light a fire under the hackers' asses.  Maybe Layton Vs. Ace Attorney seeings how we've still heard nothing about that one.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:56:14 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: September 24, 2012, 07:42:28 PM
In my experience Nintendo still takes the point of view that your hacking is your business, and with it is your compatibility. Have they begun banning people from their online stuff?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: September 27, 2012, 02:59:15 AM
No, but I wouldn't put it past them.  Nintendo's disregard for hackers up until present day has mainly been because their network setups aren't advanced enough to track them to begin with.  With 3DS and WiiU that is most likely changing.  But until someone actually hacks a 3DS game, we won't know for certain.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: September 27, 2012, 03:04:24 AM
Aren't there 3DS flash cards? It's been awfully long for there not to be.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #67 on: September 27, 2012, 05:52:10 AM
Aren't there 3DS flash cards? It's been awfully long for there not to be.
Nope. And the latest 3DS firmware update renders nearly ALL DS flashcards inoperable on 3DS, so it could be more time.

Nintendo really locked that thing up tight.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: September 27, 2012, 09:51:57 PM
So now I can't be the only person deciding to not buy one. That has to be a lot of money Nintendo is losing. I guess they make all their crazy loot on software anyway.

This sucks, my DS' screen is hanging by wires. :(

Offline kartus

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: September 28, 2012, 09:26:37 AM
an overpriced soundtrack collection of music we already have for free
It's not really overpriced; the Can itself is about as much as the Rockman 1~6 box and the Rockman 7/8/9/10 releases combined, never mind that you get all these nice bonuses like the PS arranges and the old Rockman Special CD arranges. Besides, you already get the Can for the same kind of "free" anyway.

It funny because they didnt like Street Fighter either, and actively tried to get Ono to do something else, something "profitable" before he pushed 5 out the door and it sold like hotcakes, prompting Capcom to pour everything into it. They didnt seem to be willing to recreate the magic with their other "unprofitable" mascot franchise. But Capcom has consistently proven that recently, they have terrible business sense.
The last Street Fighter related game before IV was Capcom Fighting Jam, which Ono was partly responsible for. Rockman still had real games coming all the way until 2010. This anecdote doesn't really "work".

And I agree with Magnet Man. A new game with actual effort for the 25th will be pretty much the only thing I would accept as a real 25th anniversary present for the franchise. Anything less than that is just petty change tossed at us to shut us up.
You don't release new games for anniversaries, you release collections. The whole point of these anniversaries is reflection.

"OH LOOOOOOK, WE MADE A REEEEALLY EXPENSIVE E-CAN SOUNDTRACK COLLECTOR TIN! ITS EXPENSIVE SO THAT MEANS IT HAD EFFORT PUT INTO IT! SEE? WE CARE!"

No Capcom. It's stocked with rehashed soundtrack CD's.
No, everything from 1-8 has been revisited, and that work beats the Rockman 1~6 set and the releases of 7 and 8. Also, the PS arranges were never released on disc until now. Only the hard-to-find Rockman Special CDs and the 9 and 10 discs are reprints. The Can is absolutely worth it, even more so if you didn't get the 9 and 10 releases before.

[Street Fighter], a game that its own fandom hates for the most part
And the fact that they pour ALL their effort to make add extra game modes to Street Fighter's current engine really shows it.. Not. It's fanbase still hates them because it's "not the same as Street Fighter II".
Ridiculous. "Fans of Street Fighter" do not care that SFIV isn't very much like II, even if it does try to play on that nostalgia. People who dislike IV dislike the mechanics, and the game is still cared for enough that things like Koryu and a specific attempt to restructure the game system (I can't remember the thing's name, sorry) are being made for it.

What I am looking for is the fans to let go of the "don't fix what ain't broke" notion, as that notion itself is a double-edged sword.
Don't. If Rockman 9 and 10 fall to this principle, so does Dash 3.

I can at least tell you that Rockman 10 is the greatest game in the entire original series, and easily one of the best games in all of Rockman. I do not speak on nostalgia, and 10 doesn't sell on nostalgia like 9 does anyway. It was an attempt to make a brand new high quality game but with the limitations of Rockman 9, and it completely succeeded; it is also a better game in every area over 9. People who make games like this deserve not just my money and attention, but yours as well.

Nothing's really broken about the formula, it's just worn. Needs a break.
No, it needs people who actually like video games both making and playing them; the Japanese romhackers and Inti Creates are these people. In the hands of such people, a Mega Man X9 or X10 done in the style of some older entry might actually be the best game in that series as well.

And Rockman Xover is Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
No! I don't care if this is trolling, the situation behind this is too irritating. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is more like your good friend Rockman Dash 3 over there.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: September 28, 2012, 09:49:17 AM
Ridiculous. "Fans of Street Fighter" do not care that SFIV isn't very much like II, even if it does try to play on that nostalgia. People who dislike IV dislike the mechanics, and the game is still cared for enough that things like Koryu and a specific attempt to restructure the game system (I can't remember the thing's name, sorry) are being made for it.

I was talking Street Fighter X Tekken, and as part of the fighting game community, I can tell you for sure that almost everyone treats the game like a joke and don't even bother taking it seriously.

Also, you quoted the wrong person when you quoted me the second time.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline kartus

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: September 28, 2012, 09:58:52 AM
Even more ridiculous! People considering SFxT bad doesn't mean they "hate Street Fighter", it means the game is terrible enough that everyone's just going to stick with the Big Two. You've probably seen that there's a nice group that still wants to do something with that poor game, even though their efforts are getting set back with each new update. It's good that the game is isolated from SFIV, really.

Sorry about that, fixed. Too much sifting.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: September 28, 2012, 10:03:06 AM
Uh, you're reading my post wrong. I'm saying that most of the SF fandom hates SFxTK, not that they hate SF.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline kartus

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: September 28, 2012, 10:15:36 AM
In your original post, you were talking about an anniversary set that simply has SFxT as a part of it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: September 28, 2012, 05:02:59 PM
No! I don't care if this is trolling, the situation behind this is too irritating. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is more like your good friend Rockman Dash 3 over there.

LOL. If Kingdom of the Crystal Skull were like Dash 3...

..ahem..

THEN IT WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN [tornado fang]ing FILMED. IT WOULD NOT HAVE MADE IT PAST PRE PRODUCTION!