[News] No New Game for 25th Anniversary (Probably)

Joseph Collins · 32791

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: October 09, 2012, 07:23:17 PM
As has been said an infinite amount of times, Capcom should just buy up Rockman fan games and resell them as licensed crap.  At least that way, A. Capcom couldn't be blamed for inferior products, and B. fans would have something "Rockman" coming from Capcom.  Even if they're only licensing these things instead of producing.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: October 09, 2012, 07:43:15 PM
Nintendo of America did something simaliar, proven useful.  Metroid as well. 
I dunno about Metroid. The closest thing to an actual Metroid game since Fusion was Other M, and for some reason everybody hated Other M. All Metroid Prime has going for it is people love their shooting games.

Even if they're only licensing these things instead of producing.
I think that still counts as producing, as producing encompasses funding and advertisement more than actual development.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: October 09, 2012, 09:08:28 PM
I thought "produced" meant "created" where as "published" meant "brought to the public's attention."  I could easily be wrong, though.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: October 09, 2012, 09:11:19 PM
I dunno. Producing in films is the same as publishing in books and games. It'd be nice if the terms were more standardized. I could just be confused by the lack thereof.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #154 on: October 10, 2012, 02:30:31 AM
You'd rather Capcom never speak of DASH3 ever again? I'd much rather preserve the game's assets and give characters like Barret and Aero an equal right to exist. Would it not be cool if Rock Voulnut's new design were used more rather than less?

Don't get me wrong, though. The fanbase can and should whine all it wants about the current situation. I just advocate it being directed properly at corporate Capcom, and not the creative team.
It sounds like we're in agreement and merely nit-picking over how discerning the fans should be in their bitching.  The fact that Capcom, the company, encompasses both ass-faced publisher and beloved developer is inevitably going to blur those lines, and any game that includes the latter will inevitably also included the former.  I never specified which of the two I was directing my comments at, though, you did.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: October 10, 2012, 06:46:41 AM
Anyone that stayed with the company and didn't go work for Inafune is a douche bag.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #156 on: October 11, 2012, 06:11:24 PM
Inafune can only hire so many, I imagine the rest didn't want to risk unemployment. Might not be a whole lot of places that are better available.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: October 12, 2012, 04:38:30 AM
I know. Blanket statements like that are never true. <-- My favorite ironic statement I've ever concocted. Reminds me of "Only a Sith deals in absolutes"