Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #50 on: November 01, 2012, 07:03:43 PM
it looks like the looping got owned as well

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 01, 2012, 07:14:29 PM
Heh, that's cute.  Well, honestly, I wanted to do something fancy with things.  Like... put them in a table with a static background while they continued to scroll along.  But that ain't happenin' with BBCode.  XD  I may have to settle for animating them together (thus slowing Joseph's walking pattern or quickening Roll's) and have the weather follow them along.

And now, Pokémon.

[spoiler]
Would you believe this is my first time drawing a raichu?  ... you would?  ...  oh...

Raichu is my all-time favorite Pokémon.  Being the way I am, I did a random search for "raichu" on Tumblr one day and happened to stumble across the blog of one Firefly the Raichu.  I wasn't following her at first, but after I kept seeing her updates more and more in the search results, I started getting interested.  Eventually, I decided I'd follow her and see what happened.

We're totally pals now.  :3

Recently, I noticed Firefly was actually the 25th person to start Following me on Tumblr.  I don't normally pay any attention to stuff like that, but since it was her, I wanted to do something nice.  After mulling it over a bit, I decided to draw her something.  This is what I ended up with.

Firefly has a couple of differences from other raichu that are worth noting.  Firstly and most obviously, she doesn't actually have that secondary coloration to her belly fur and has an extra fluffy chest for whatever reason.  Her "gloves" are also a bit different, being straight curves with a ring of orange between the hand and other part of the glove.  Her ears are supposed to be drawn a bit different, as well, but I decided to go the typical route. (*klunk*)

There's various problems with it and a couple things here and there I don't really like, to be honest.  I drew her at a weird angle which hides her stripes, for one.  Her tail had to be added in NeoPaint after-the-fact, for another.  And of course, those dark sunglasses almost entirely obscure the bad-ass look she's supposed to be giving the viewing audience.  But... I think it's alright, otherwise...  Hope she likes it, at any rate.

Firefly © her creator
Raichu and Pokémon © Game Freak and The Pokémon Company
Art drawn by Joseph Collins
[/spoiler]

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #52 on: November 01, 2012, 07:21:40 PM
it looks like the looping got owned as well
Seems to work on Opera, but not Chrome. Not sure why.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #53 on: November 01, 2012, 07:30:02 PM
it's looping now.

that was odd

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: November 28, 2012, 07:35:44 AM
I more or less used your idea, Align.  Thanks for that.  XD

So!  I was debating not posting this, but then I figured, "Why not?"

Jo-Jo got a new outfit!

I tried putting as much detail as physically possible in it, but I think a bit still gets lost due to the fact it's a small sprite.  I dunno.
The hairband on the second sprite wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but on the original design for this outfit, the hairband was just kind of... there.  It didn't do anything useful.  This way, it keeps that one gigantic bang out of Jo's eyes.  Kind of looks funny, but looks okay, I s'pose...

Posted on: 2012-11-07, 20:59:01
So... I recently read through issues 1-16 of Archie Comics' "Mega Man" series.  I have to say, I really like what they've done with it!  Rather than going totally crazy with original content, they've kept the comics true to the games, only adding the occasional side-trip here or there to flesh out some of the random missing details and such.  And one side-trip included a trip to a robotics fair where we meet the subject of my latest Mega Man 7-style spritework.

This is LMN-001*, "Quakewoman," Codename: Tempo.  No, she's not bored.  Or angry.  She just lacks personality.  Literally!  Her personality was disabled by her creator, so she almost always has a look of tedium about her.  She was actually a lot of fun to sprite and I intend to do one for her battle armor soon.

<small>* "LMN-001" or "LaLinde Model Number 001".  Thanks for the heads-up on this, Lilac-DownDeep @ deviantART!</small>

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #55 on: November 29, 2012, 07:43:09 AM
Good thing you provided the full name, there... else I would have though "Lifetime Movie Network 001." :P

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: November 27, 2013, 05:18:57 AM
[this post blanked intentionally by the original poster]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:01:34 PM by Joseph Collins »