• View Profile
Reply #250 on: October 12, 2012, 07:04:49 PM
Which is what I want to prove.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: October 12, 2012, 09:26:23 PM
If it was on a platform I could actually play it on, I would probably give it a try.  I kind of want to play the iOS version of Rockman X, too.  It may be ugly as hell, but it can't be any worse than Rockman X: Cyber Missions was.  x:

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: October 12, 2012, 09:49:55 PM
I kind of want to play the iOS version of Rockman X, too.  It may be ugly as hell, but it can't be any worse than Rockman X: Cyber Missions was.  x:

Please tell me that was a huge joke.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: October 12, 2012, 10:21:46 PM
Xtreme 1 was not great, but even X7 is better than what XOVER seems to be like.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: October 12, 2012, 11:32:14 PM
Rockman Corner - "Several New Rockman Xover Details Emerge"

Did you hear that funny, high-pitched noise?  Yeah... that was me.  I squealed like a fangirl.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: October 12, 2012, 11:41:02 PM
what the [tornado fang] capcom stop stealing my ideas

i swear i had the idea of animal type armors first
http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/forum/showthread.php?tid=283

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: October 13, 2012, 12:06:24 AM
Fangirl-like squealing, huh? I dunno, Capcom isn't likely to have made any real improvmOMG KALINKA

On the other hand...is this thing coming out within the month or not 'til December? Will they actually try to haul it out of auto-scroll purgatory (not likely considering that Auto Play is still polluting the game with its presence) or are they just going to let it sit until it's closer to the 25th anniversary?

And just when did they start development on this?

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: October 13, 2012, 12:41:09 AM
Heeeeey, the article updated.  And hey!  Cutman!  Neato!  Looks like brand new or heavily edited sprites, too.  I have to say, though...  I'm getting tired of Capcom's disregard for "styles clash."  Cutman looks a bit large compared to OVER due to the difference between Rockman X and Rockman 7 sprite styles.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: October 13, 2012, 12:46:01 AM
the cutman sprite looks bad

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: October 13, 2012, 03:18:57 AM
Why would you even think about getting such a horrible game. It's self admittance that they are incapable of utilizing their own IP as a development house. What share holder would stick with such a spineless and self-defeating company?
At least it's got some new sprites. *Shrugs*

Xtreme 1 was not great, but even X7 is better than what XOVER seems to be like.
X7's not that bad. I'd say it's better than Cyber Mission. At least it tried something new and was clunky. Cyber Mission is like a guessing game on physics and hitboxes. The stage and enemy layouts are also crudely done, at least to me.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: October 13, 2012, 03:31:32 AM
Hey, Capcom!  We can make this game, too!  Apparently.  XD

<b>Edit:</b> <a href="http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/604400">Moved to <i>Newgrounds</i>!</a>

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: October 13, 2012, 04:16:20 AM
At least it's got some new sprites. *Shrugs*
X7's not that bad. I'd say it's better than Cyber Mission. At least it tried something new and was clunky. Cyber Mission is like a guessing game on physics and hitboxes. The stage and enemy layouts are also crudely done, at least to me.
It still plays like a real Mega Man game. It was glitchy, and the plot was a pretty bad excuse for rehashing the past, but nowhere near as bad as you make it seem.

New sprites? You mean like the edited and filtered SNES X sprite?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #262 on: October 13, 2012, 04:34:13 AM
I thought the X sprite sheet ripped from the iOS X game looked great. The game might not meet everyone's standards tho, but at least there's new dialog to breeze through and read about. ^^;

Hey, Capcom! We can make this game, too! Apparently.  XD

So many Auto Play and Skip buttons. >0<
Playing it by using the regular buttons helps you gain higher levels tho, so that's what I did. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: October 13, 2012, 04:34:47 AM
Hey, Capcom!  <a href="http://underground.bananachan.net/xover/xover.html">We can make this game, too!</a>  Apparently.  XD

umm if that's what the game is actually like then it's a steaming pile of horse [parasitic bomb]

seriously i cant even imagine playing more than 2 minutes of this game without getting bored

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: October 13, 2012, 04:47:17 AM
Hey, Capcom!  <a href="http://underground.bananachan.net/xover/xover.html">We can make this game, too!</a>  Apparently.  XD
Oh wow if the end product really is exactly like this that would be just hilariously bad.  Seriously if Xover is exactly like this those involved in the production of this should be fired.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: October 13, 2012, 05:03:48 AM
You know, maybe I'm crazy or just have poor taste, but after playing the fan-made mock-up I linked... repeatedly, I kind of want a copy of this game.  It looks like it could be a lot of fun, despite the "auto-scroll Hell" style of gameplay.  There's some strategy involved in the side-scrolling parts -- knowing when to charge a shot and knowing when to just let loose normal shots.  Combos raise your Experience meter, too, which I assume means better goodies at the end of levels in the real game.  If you let the game go all by itself, you get minimal rewards, but don't risk losing life.  The later levels, I assume, will probably have harder enemies which actually move and such, so the decision between charging a shot and wildly firing becomes harder.

I can't honestly say this "makes up" for the last year, but you know what?  I can honestly say, this looks like it could be fun.  And this without even adding in the modification aspects or multiplayer!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16:05 AM
...You worry me, Collins.

To be honest, there are still a few gameplay gimmicks that have not been shown in action yet, like the card stuff, and the forms.

Though I doubt they will alter the gameplay significantly. If anything they will add stats and different attacks. (A slash instead of a shot, for ex.)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #267 on: October 13, 2012, 05:27:58 AM
Hey, Capcom!  <a href="http://underground.bananachan.net/xover/xover.html">We can make this game, too!</a>  Apparently.  XD

Best of all, I win every time!

Is Xover gonna REALLY be this easy? -_-

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: October 13, 2012, 05:52:46 AM
Its a free to play Social RPG isnt it? yeah it likely will. Capcom wouldnt put effort into something like that. Online had some real effort. But- it wasnt free to play, AND, it wasn't being developed by Capcom.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: October 13, 2012, 08:32:33 PM
I saw it on PRC. Looks like I won't get to play it 'cuz the demo is now down.

I don't want to automatically assume that, say, Capcom was involved, and that it's just 'cuz the traffic got too intense or something, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: October 13, 2012, 09:30:35 PM
What the hell?  It's even been taken down on 4chan! (I was looking via Google search, just in case anyone cares.)  Wow...  What the hell?  Maybe Capcom was involved somehow.  O_o

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: October 13, 2012, 09:37:21 PM
This is the same company that wanted to ban anyone who brought the unused, fully-functional data in SFxT to light, so...

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #272 on: October 13, 2012, 09:57:33 PM
Wait, wait, hold on a second...

*digs around in the trash -- er, cache for a bit*  ...!

[insert Rockman 7 1-up noise here]  :D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: October 13, 2012, 10:51:11 PM
OK, so Protodude spoke to Press Start (one of the developers), and they're just moving it to a different URL. So Capcom (hopefully) hasn't started shutting down attempts at calling them out.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: October 13, 2012, 11:01:23 PM
I'll update the URL as soon as it's ... updated!  X3

(I bet Bananachan just got giga-slammed by an influx of users or something.  Heh heh.)

Edit: Oh.  There it is.