Rockman X is Over

Guest · 77392

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 06:16:20 PM
I'm telling you guys, this game just oozes quality, doesn't it?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 08:24:55 PM
QUALITY, yes.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 09:59:45 PM
because the background is just this small image looped endlessly.

If the background actually moves though, you'd still have offset positions of those graphics, repeated or not. These screen shots tell us that they don't even have scrolling backgrounds yet.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 18, 2012, 12:15:06 AM
I'm genuinely amazed at how that background and the reshaded Eagleed can co-exist with anything else in the screens.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 12:23:45 AM
Huh? Over? Well lets see, hmm, that's some pretty cool art. I even see Trigger there, I'm not really sure what- *scrolls down*

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

My reaction verbatim.
That pretty much sums the whole thing up.  Nice to know Capcom still hasn't figured out how to achive screen scrolling on the iOS, either. -AC

You know, it'd be one thing if this were some single series side-story like Mega Man Rush Marine (which ironically HANDLED SCREEN SCROLLING), easily swept under the rug.  But making a big crossover artwork of EVERY series and then stapling it to such a pile of [parasitic bomb], well, it's hard to not take offense.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 02:46:30 AM
why take offense over a video game

really, it's just a video game

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 18, 2012, 03:37:39 AM
I really don't think people mean it's offensive like how the Westboro Baptist Church is offensive or Chick-Fil-A's president is offensive. I think what people mean is that the sheer putrescent mediocrity offends their sensibilities of fun and quality the same way the stench of feces offends your delicate nasal passages. It just stinks. With more serious examples of offense, that's likable to verbal abuse and discrimination.

With vidyagames, we're just "offended" at how shitty products are, which isn't different from any other consumer product.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 18, 2012, 04:23:17 AM
Nono, the autoplay button literally offends me. Im insulted as a Gamer that such a thing exists in my Mega Man game.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 18, 2012, 05:00:24 AM
why take offense over a video game

really, it's just a video game

That's not the point. It's offensive as a consumer. Let me put it to you this way...

Imagine Capcom was a restaurant you loved going to for years. You loved going there because the food was delicious and the service was excellent. Then, about one or two years ago the restaurant starts to change. Your food starts coming later and later until eventually your favorite meals get taken off the menu. the service goes from excellent to mediocre after one or two bad incidents. There's no point in going back, but you hope and keep waiting to hear if one of your favorite places to eat at either calls Robert Irvine to fix it up again or if it just gets new management that will keep the menu and make it good or better again.

This is what being a Capcom fan is like these days. You want to believe the service will get better and the food will be good again. Then the put something like this out. We shouldn't be shocked and the majority of fans will simply move on and continue waiting. It doesn't change the feeling of being offended by the company you've been loyal to for over 25 Years now.

Archer

Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 05:03:06 AM
Nono, the autoplay button literally offends me. Im insulted as a Gamer that such a thing exists in my Mega Man game.

that's silly

it's like getting offended over an easy mode

just cause its there doesn't mean you have to use it

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 18, 2012, 05:13:05 AM
Sure you don't have to use it, but it's like an ugly stain on the screen, and the only way to scrub it off is to use it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 18, 2012, 06:45:49 AM
In all fairness, at least Nintendo's auto-plays wait for you to suck at the game first.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 06:51:51 AM
That's not the point. It's offensive as a consumer. Let me put it to you this way...

Imagine Capcom was a restaurant you loved going to for years. You loved going there because the food was delicious and the service was excellent. Then, about one or two years ago the restaurant starts to change. Your food starts coming later and later until eventually your favorite meals get taken off the menu. the service goes from excellent to mediocre after one or two bad incidents. There's no point in going back, but you hope and keep waiting to hear if one of your favorite places to eat at either calls Robert Irvine to fix it up again or if it just gets new management that will keep the menu and make it good or better again.

This is what being a Capcom fan is like these days. You want to believe the service will get better and the food will be good again. Then the put something like this out. We shouldn't be shocked and the majority of fans will simply move on and continue waiting. It doesn't change the feeling of being offended by the company you've been loyal to for over 25 Years now.
I think PB here nailed it right here.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #38 on: August 18, 2012, 06:58:30 AM

Ah okay, I see now. Thanks for that analogy. :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 05:03:44 PM
You know, this game is made more for the Japanese demographic. They tend towards mobile games moreso than the West, so despite how insulting this game is, it's probably just not for us.

So LET'S SEE WHAT THEY THINK OF IT SHALL WE?

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/08/25/what-do-our-far-east-friends-think-of-xover/

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 05:14:25 PM
Poor Fur Coat, whenever anyone looks at him they'll hate him due to this game.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 05:42:09 PM
The logo is so lame it shocks me.
I don't know why, but this one i found most amusing.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 26, 2012, 06:02:42 PM
Poor Fur Coat, whenever anyone looks at him they'll hate him due to this game.

It just hit me. Who do you think he got the fur coat idea from?

How fitting.

Originality is dead.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:51 PM
I get it, so he skinned Silver to make himself a nice fur boa.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 09:27:04 PM
I get it, so he skinned Silver to make himself a nice fur boa.
He's on the right track to doing things right.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: September 01, 2012, 07:26:43 AM
You know, this game is made more for the Japanese demographic. They tend towards mobile games moreso than the West, so despite how insulting this game is, it's probably just not for us.

So LET'S SEE WHAT THEY THINK OF IT SHALL WE?

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/08/25/what-do-our-far-east-friends-think-of-xover/
That was a fun read.  I've seen people claim that the Japanes are more content/dignified/less whiney than we are.  The thing is, they come from people who read japanese books, not people who participate in japanese communities.

I honestly have to wonder if a company can suck as badly as Capcom does without doing it on purpose.  I mean, seriously, they've known damn well what Mega Man game we wanted since San Diego 2010, and they can't pull their heads out of their asses long enough to do it.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 01, 2012, 07:48:15 AM
I honestly have to wonder if a company can suck as badly as Capcom does without doing it on purpose.

I wonder about that, too. It's impossible to please everyone and knowing which suggestions to take can be very difficult, but there's that, and then there's "Capcom Unity only provides the illusion of company-fan relations".

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: September 01, 2012, 08:04:10 AM
I think they have an issue of pride here. They did not expect there to be such a backlash against them and they would be ridiculously embarrassed to sheepishly concede to the outrage that they simply did not expect. So they are instead ignoring it to save face, and refuse to face the situation head on and admit they made a mistake.

Now, to this end, they have simply made it worse and worse, and stuck their heads quite far up their asses enough that it should be going out the other end. By this point, I doubt anything short of L3 will EVER return to them the respect that the community lost for them. I mean, this thing ended up being covered on major gaming websites, giving legitimacy to otherwise very ignorable articles about Capcom employees either badmouthing and criticizing the company (Inafune) or the company mistreating and running them ragged to the point of collapse. (Ono) With this outrage, it becomes personal with the fans, and becomes far more widespread.

TL;DR, Capcom is butthurt that they underestimated the fan demand and pulled the plug, underestimated the expected outrage, and refuse to swallow their pride and admit they erred, choosing to instead ignore the problem like little children.

Archer

Reply #48 on: September 01, 2012, 08:37:06 AM
Or maybe you're just assuming things and the reason Capcom isn't doing much with Rockman is just because they don't want to, for whatever reason.

Fact of the matter is we'll never know why, so arguing about it is pointless.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 08:40:30 AM
Fact of the matter is we'll never know why, so arguing about it is pointless.

Yeah, [tornado fang] speculation! Let's just stay in the dark forever and never try to understand anything Capcom does, no matter how moronic their actions seem! Hell, let's never wonder about anything ever!

Anyone else think the situation might've not gotten as bad as it has if Capcom gave us more than vague PR non-answers?