Sigma Zero X · 4590

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
on: July 21, 2012, 06:24:33 PM
Are Servbots more similar to Reploids or Mechaniloids? 

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 08:34:33 PM
Hm. They're intelligent like reploids (to a degree), but certainly not replica androids...
Were Robot Masters Mechaniloids?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 12:31:26 AM
Hm. They're intelligent like reploids (to a degree), but certainly not replica androids...
Were Robot Masters Mechaniloids?
Reploids are not replica androids either.

As for question No. 2, refer to Zero's dialogue vs Roll in TatsuCap. Zero calls Roll a housekeeping Reploid.

As far as Robots of the 20XX era go, they are easily mistaken for Reploids, since they have a similar level of intelligence and make-up, although it may not be quite on the same level.

And Online states that Bass himself easily closely matches the level of advanced AI and independence of prototype Reploids. (X, Zero, Sigma)

A Mechaniloid is usually a robot with very limited AI, usually not of intelligent advanced thought capability. Things like Mets. Sometimes they may not even have full independent thought. I would refer to the Mechaniloid from Day of Sigma, which while it seems to exhibit some kind of AI, is still a machine that seems to require a pilot, or in that case, a remote operator.

Pantheons however, seem to straddle the fine line between Reploid and Mechaniloid. They are described as "mentally degraded" Reploid copies of X, so they are considered Reploids, but their intelligence level definitely seems below average Reploids.

Variants and Galleons I have no idea though, they may be Reploids like Pantheons. I dont recall if the databases from Z4 and ZX state anything to that matter.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 01:18:09 AM
And Online states that Bass himself easily closely matches the level of advanced AI and independence of prototype Reploids. (X, Zero, Sigma)

His AI is compared to the actual modern Repliroids; it's instead his combat ability that's compared to prototypes.

Variants and Galleons I have no idea though, they may be Reploids like Pantheons. I dont recall if the databases from Z4 and ZX state anything to that matter.

Galleons are 'programmed to follow orders'.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 02:19:41 PM
Reploids are not replica androids either.
Huh?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 07:15:44 PM
Huh?
They're intelligent like reploids (to a degree), but certainly not replica androids...

You seem to be implying that the term "Reploid" means replica android.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 03:45:59 AM

Rather, replica human would make more sense, as reploids are still technically highly advanced androids.

A Mechaniloid is usually a robot with very limited AI, usually not of intelligent advanced thought capability. Things like Mets.

Though, sometimes they are used for gags. A met on a ceiling was actually pretty funny in 9-10.

Galleons are 'programmed to follow orders'.

Which puts them on a similar level with Joes. As for finhead, couldn't that be said the same for Protoman? His "flaws" (who he is) was probably the basis for reploids as a whole.

Servbots are meant to be androids constructed to be receive and excecute orders from the Bonnes, which can be said for Birdbots, however they can be sent to a state of panic for comical purposes as unlike Galleons (to an extension, mets) who were made for cannon fodder before them, they are only meant for punching bags in Trigger/Barrett's P.O.V.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 12:53:43 PM
Isn't that how the name came about?

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 09:30:10 PM
See I thought Reploids were called such because they approximately replicate X, but apparently I'm wrong.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 09:42:52 PM
Isn't that how the name came about?
See I thought Reploids were called such because they approximately replicate X, but apparently I'm wrong.
Nope. Term has never been stated to mean a replica of X. Because they aren't replicas of him. They are based on him and his designs.

Like Gaia said, Replica Human or something like that would actually make more sense, and tie in to Z4's prologue about how they were created to be as Human as possible.

Either way though, the term Reploid/Repliroid has never been broken down.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 09:53:16 PM
Nope. Term has never been stated to mean a replica of X. Because they aren't replicas of him. They are based on him and his designs.

Like Gaia said, Replica Human or something like that would actually make more sense, and tie in to Z4's prologue about how they were created to be as Human as possible.

Either way though, the term Reploid/Repliroid has never been broken down.
If being based on X excludes them being replicas of X, then you can't really consider them replicas of humans either.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?