ROLL BOSS RUSH -{Homebrew Project}-(PSX/PSone/Playstation)

isufje · 57357

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 12:32:16 AM
Your mod looks fine, but if you would not mind doing a total re-draw, that'd probably be even more cool.

Re-draw...hm. :/ I think the style shift'd be rather noticeable...

As for art/large boobs: I think that as long as most of the RMs are kept to at least a B cup, it won't resemble hentai. Speaking of downsizing:

Some blue-lines/notes I drew in-between my last post and this one. (I do mean it when I say I can't draw arses...) In retrospect, Slashwoman and Icewoman might be okay as-is.

Also--does Sniper J have an existing design? I took a shot at drawing him here (towards the bottom; also has some pending RMs), but...something tells me he already does.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 30, 2012, 01:08:36 AM
Also--does Sniper J have an existing design?...something tells me he already does.

Actually he doesn't. I've been too busy drawing female robos that i've yet to draw a single male. I like your design, but isn't the knife a bit much? As for the style shift, i think it might be good. That way i get to keep my hentai-ish drawings in obscurity while making this game much more accessible to the faint of heart.

Also, i read in 'Ready, Proto?' that you use Grafx2. I've never used that program... Is it any good? I'll try it out anyway, but i just thought i'd ask.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 30, 2012, 01:23:33 AM
I like your design, but isn't the knife a bit much?

Maybe; I think the idea was either 1) he tries to conserve energy for major fights, or 2) he lacks internal weapons.

If I'm gonna start redrawing, I think I'll start with the RMs' VS. art; I don't think I'm that good an animator. ^^; (If I can produce something and you wanna make any edits for consistency or whatnot, that's fine)

Grafx2 is very powerful, from what I've heard; I'm not primarily a pixel artist, so I can't make anything like this.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 30, 2012, 01:48:38 AM
I just tried Grafx2... no way can i use that :o I think i'll just stick with SAI or Ms-paint. You've got to be an incredible artist if you can draw proto man with that program.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 30, 2012, 02:34:25 AM
Not really. ^^; I fumbled with the interface quite a bit...

As for redraws, I've started work on that (by which I mean only Gutswoman is sketched). Not yet sure how I'll shade everyone (cel or not).

EDIT: For now I must go to sleep, but here's what I've got so far (attached the file to this post because Photobucket squashed it down).

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 30, 2012, 03:41:58 AM
you don't have to shade them. I've found that the simpler the drawing, often the better it looks. Her pic, along with most all other robo-bosses except bomb-woman, is 186 x 231. You could also make it bigger if necessary, but I just figured on some sort of standard size for all. I'll post a rar-archive of all the original BMP files once I find them/organize them all.

Edit: just saw the pics. NICE  :D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 31, 2012, 01:10:25 AM
Thanks. :)

So I'm done with the "official" bosses and Roll (at least, the flats are laid down); added portraits for pending RMs (just in case they ever become un-pending) and Rock (mostly to show how he'd look with his hood up). Admittedly, a lot of these probably don't fit the size requirements...

Honestly, I think a lot of Roll's non-VS. art looks fine as-is (well, maybe requiring some downsizing/removal of cleavage), especially her smaller mugshots.

(edit: changed file)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 31, 2012, 04:43:10 AM
The only one i have a gripe about is bomb-woman... SHE BLACK!! --- Change her skin color to match aqua woman and we're in business!

Archer

Reply #58 on: July 31, 2012, 04:43:47 AM
The only one i have a gripe about is bomb-woman... SHE BLACK!! --- Change her skin color to match aqua woman and we're in business!

Don't be racist.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 04:49:36 AM
i think you misunderstand. In the new rendition she is not black. My original design is that she is Black. 'SHE BLACK' is just how we talk about ourselves... >_^ (hope i didn't give too much away)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 31, 2012, 05:43:46 AM

Dunno how I missed that, but 'tis fixed.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 05:55:38 AM
Ok, do you want me to use them as is, or are you ok with me putting in my 2 cents with slight patch work.

And no, i will not boob-a-fy them this time.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 31, 2012, 04:22:21 PM
Ok, do you want me to use them as is, or are you ok with me putting in my 2 cents with slight patch work.

Patch work is fine. :)

I was considering adding shading (at least on one portrait, to see how it'd look); probably would be best to wait 'til you're done.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: August 02, 2013, 12:06:58 AM
No, this project isn't dead... It's just on life-support :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnDwNzyU30I[/youtube]

DownloadGame: http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=6560.0

Any feedback would be nice.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:29:10 AM by isufje »

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: August 02, 2013, 12:19:37 AM
Looking good. The beginning looks pretty tricky to move around, but not annoying.

Also, couldn't help but notice Roll getting a serious handful of Fire Woman's ass at 1:37

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: August 02, 2013, 03:29:33 PM
Holy crap it's back! :D

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: December 25, 2013, 03:18:17 PM
Update:

I tested this game out on an Ouya with 'ePSXe for android' sideload and it seems to work fine with high-resolution mode on. It works fine with low-res mode on too, but high-resolution looks so much better (which is a shame since the actual ps1 console can't run my game at hi-res without graphical issues :()
 Anyway, here are the settings that worked for me/

1) Sound Latency Mode (Low Mode 2)
 2) Sound Quality (High) full effects
 3) No Video Filtering
 4) No PSX Dithering
 5) Video Render (Hardware) No OpenGL
 6) Frameskip Enabled

Also, i made a Glitch Video of every glitch i've come across.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg0xstPVPGw[/youtube]

There are actually more Glitches in the Game than what's shown in the video, but some are almost impossible to re-create :(.

PS.
 -As for the Ouya controller Lag, you're on your own with that one :P I had to read up on it, and it seems to be a problem with the controller itself. I read that the solution is either use a XBox-360 hardwired into the USB port or Bluetooth pair with the Ouya or Just turn off wi-fi while playing a game (the latter worked for me)

edit:
 Oh [parasitic bomb], it's Christmas :) Merry Christmas :D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: December 25, 2013, 04:19:36 PM
Merry Christmas!

Will side-loading on the Ouya alleviate the need to burn the beta to disk multiple times, or do you still need a genuine PS1 for testing?

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: December 30, 2013, 12:31:16 AM
Yeah, it all but eliminates the PS1 as a better system. It runs at 640x480 on the Ouya with minimal problems (unlike the ps1) also Melee mode (2 enemies at once) doesn't slowdown the cpu or gpu like real PS1 hardware. Honestly, i'm not gonna design this game for the original hardware anymore. I removed the resolution selection screen completely... i mean, u still can play it on the real ps1 hardware, but you have to go to Config and manually select 320x240 yourself and u can't play melee mode without slowdown (it's a gpu issue).

So Yeah, no more burning and testing on hardware anymore. But whoever wants to can go ahead, it still runs and will continue to. It just runs better on an emulator :P

Posted on: December 25, 2013, 17:38:35
Ok, here's something i whipped up last night. It's going to be Elec Woman's Stage. The Floor Platforms go up and down. I wanted to do a "Danger Room" type of stage layout and this was the best i could come up with. The Stage is completely polygon this time (no hand drawn stuff here). I still have to program in Elec Woman's AI/Attacks, and i still have to make her 3D model and down-sample the stage's poly count (each tile is a polygon, so that's 230 polygons just for the stage alone). Surprisingly i already did her load screen (i usually do this last). So i'm still far from finished. I'm just happy i'm doing something finally after months of nothing.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: December 30, 2013, 02:08:45 AM
It's looking pretty good so far. :)

Is Roll in danger of being flung into that electrical stream, or is it a sort of descending ceiling?

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: December 30, 2013, 02:35:59 AM
No, the ceiling doesn't move, it's static. The platforms on the floor go up and down. If Roll's on a raising platform and she doesn't move off before it reaches the top, she gets zapped. Right now it's a 1 zap kill for hitting the electric beam, but it's only for testing purposes. I will change it once i'm done to just do some hit damage instead.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: February 18, 2014, 12:03:21 AM
OK, some progress. Finally got Paint-tool Sai to work again HALLELUJAH!!!(now i can draw ^_^) Elec Woman's 3D model is somewhat done. All i have left to do is rig-it for animation and then animate her. I widened her shoulders (don't ask why...) hopefully it won't become a problem for animation :-\ (if it does, then... damn) I also got the AI somewhat done. It's pretty stupid now, but all she does is follow u around and jump occasionally. The difficultly is in the stage. With the rising (random) platforms, it's hard to stay alive. It's fun tho  ;)

Here are some pics and video (no sound)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfocrrgHRkI[/youtube]

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: February 18, 2014, 12:15:28 AM
It's looking good so far. :)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: February 18, 2014, 09:27:11 AM
Ok, I finished rigging her. As i figured, the widened shoulders were a problem so i had to redo it >_<... it looks pretty much the same now, but it really is different ( i had to redo the whole torso) ...but she's all animate-able now :)

Almost there *o*

Lag-a-lishious

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: February 24, 2014, 04:24:40 PM
 '>.> OK, I'm done with Elec-Woman. Below are screen shots and video of Roll vs Elec-Woman in Action. U have no idea of how many attempts i did just to get a victory, but i finally got a win  8)

this video is currently being processed :P
[youtube]ROLL vs ELEC [BOSS RUSH (PSX /ePSXe) -Homebrew Project-][/youtube]

download:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ada3n411al0nfoz/RBR_107a.iso

source code:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zm0iu6y1mss0kvw/source_107a.rar