ROLL BOSS RUSH -{Homebrew Project}-(PSX/PSone/Playstation)

isufje · 57336

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 03:06:38 AM
Looks okay. :)

Also, been wondering about that gray-clad 'bot whose mugshot is next to Gutswoman's--is she a gender-bend of an existing RM, an original, or what? (And if there's VS artwork for Gutswoman)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 03:26:00 AM

Bomb, Guts and Ice. For Bomb, I kinda just modified an existing model I had.

Here are the Polygon Models

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 03:46:13 AM
Ah, thanks. :) (The pink mohawk looked more like a ponytail in that one screenshot and was throwing me off)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 05:07:04 AM
the first thing i thought when i saw the polygon models

was GUTSMAN'S ASS

even though it would be gutswoman's ass or something

looks good! keep it up!

and your contributions seem to be going well too, gonzo. :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 06:45:47 AM
and your contributions seem to be going well too, gonzo.  :D

Thanks. :) Speaking of which-- (lots of text)

[spoiler](I said elsewhere that I was gonna hold off 'til someone else submitted an RM, but I guess isufje's Elec, Cut, and Fire count...) Felt kinda bad about dropping Galaxyman's UFO theme, but I wasn't sure how to translate it to RS style without it just being a slightly edited game-Galaxy. RS-Galaxywoman seems like a regular combat 'bot, til she yanks open her suit to reveal a black hole (or space, in that art; her clone probably won't do that).

I think this time it'd be best to leave her flat-chested; though my art doesn't really reflect it, spacesuits aren't that figure-enhancing. And I'm honestly not sure how her body's supposed to work... :/ (The rainbow flower is a nod to the original Galaxyman's shifting in-game colours, and an element borrowed from my earlier game-Galaxywoman)

(Also--I haven't made any full-body art for him yet, but I do have an idea of how a theoretical RS-Splashman would look. I think it'd be kinda funny if he were the sole regular male boss--and for that reason, I tried not to make him look too different from the ladies. Nothing annoys me more than the one guy in a work full of pretty women being an amorphous blob of Liefeldian man-mountain)[/spoiler]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 06:48:13 AM
Thanks. :) Speaking of which-- (lots of text)

[spoiler](I said elsewhere that I was gonna hold off 'til someone else submitted an RM, but I guess isufje's Elec, Cut, and Fire count...) Felt kinda bad about dropping Galaxyman's UFO theme, but I wasn't sure how to translate it to RS style without it just being a slightly edited game-Galaxy. RS-Galaxywoman seems like a regular combat 'bot, til she yanks open her suit to reveal a black hole (or space, in that art; her clone probably won't do that).

I think this time it'd be best to leave her flat-chested; though my art doesn't really reflect it, spacesuits aren't that figure-enhancing. And I'm honestly not sure how her body's supposed to work... :/ (The rainbow flower is a nod to the original Galaxyman's shifting in-game colours, and an element borrowed from my earlier game-Galaxywoman)

(Also--I haven't made any full-body art for him yet, but I do have an idea of how a theoretical RS-Splashman would look. I think it'd be kinda funny if he were the sole regular male boss--and for that reason, I tried not to make him look too different from the ladies. Nothing annoys me more than the one guy in a work full of pretty women being an amorphous blob of Liefeldian man-mountain)[/spoiler]

clever! i think it works :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 08:40:57 AM
You are making all the RMs as plump girls. While I don't really have anything to argue about that (to each their own), it wouldn't be such a bad to add some variations on the character's build.

The game looks pretty fun, and I can't help but wonder how the hell do you make homebrew games for PS, since I rarely see that done, so kudos to you on that too.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 09:01:45 AM
I must say that this looks absolutely impressive.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 09:04:14 AM
You are making all the RMs as plump girls. While I don't really have anything to argue about that (to each their own), it wouldn't be such a bad to add some variations on the character's build.

This is something I've noticed myself; variation would be great, especially if it reflected the RM's personality in some way.

Can't wait for Centaur Woman. :D

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012, 10:00:23 AM
Would you accept if I made a version of Burst Woman?

PS: I like what you are doing so far :3

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 07:53:31 AM

I think this time it'd be best to leave her flat-chested;

O_O    Flat chested? Are you sure? ^_^

Hey, I finished the 3D Model of Plant Woman.

Would you accept if I made a version of Burst Woman?

PS: I like what you are doing so far :3

Thanks. Um, but hold off on Burst Woman for right now. I gotta program in CUT ELEC FIRE and a whole bunch of other stuff. The original 6 take priority. After that, I can just throw in the Farm.

:D I AM NOT  8)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 04:50:03 PM
O_O    Flat chested? Are you sure? ^_^

Yep. :)

And I like how Plantwoman's model turned out. :)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 06:55:50 AM
OK, here's my rendition of Galaxy Woman. The polygon model will have the helmet ON which, by the way, makes the poly model easy to make  :D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 07:10:15 AM
Looks great! :D

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 05:23:17 AM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ue08u6b2C0[/youtube]

(no intro) - http://205.196.120.223/yza3b1m82a3g/sa5myb891jyrqhp/RBR_105e_NO_INTRO.iso  [15.4 MB]  <-(smaller file size)
source     - http://205.196.122.28/ltb12dlqgchg/q43y6yl3frlbkbw/source_105e.rar                 [308 KB]

Here's another update. I've just added PLANT WOMAN. THANX RADIX for the character design and the idea of slinging Roll across the stage. (which is not in this video BTW, I died to soon before I could get tossed...)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:34:18 AM by isufje »

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 02:11:27 PM
Just the fact that you did this on a real PS1 is really impressive.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 05:53:09 PM
Just the fact that you did this on a real PS1 is really impressive.

thanx, but I didn't use real hardware in anyway to make this. No comm link, no Catela, nothing. Just a psy-q dev kit and ePSXe. I think what you meant to say was, "for Ps1." I just waste a CD and use real hardware once everytime I'm done with a new boss, then it's back to ePSXe.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 02:12:39 PM
If it actually plays on a true PS1 without issues, that still counts.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: June 29, 2012, 04:49:57 PM
Loved seeing her in action! :)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: June 29, 2012, 06:56:21 PM
Sorry it took so long. Each character seems to take longer and longer to complete.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 01, 2012, 08:06:41 PM

8U OK here's my rendition of Jump-Girl / Hologram-Girl. Helmet / No Helmet, since I've never seen a helmet on Jump Girl. I think it's better that way anyway.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 02, 2012, 06:52:33 PM
Sweet! 8) Love your rendition of them.

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 09:42:05 PM
OK, here's an image dump of all the ingame artwork.

and here are all the vs pics so far

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 10:01:27 PM
Alright; I'm not used to editing this kind of VG art, so I may end up with more suggested-redraws than actual edits, but I'll see what I can do.

(Note to RPMers not named isufje: I've been asked to redo the in-game art, or at least some of it.

Also, proposed alternate outfit. I've been drawing a few RMs, too, but I'll hold off on formally submitting them for now)

EDIT: Here's my first attempt:

Methinks SAI is not the best program for the job. (Does the art get automatically pixelated or something?)

Offline isufje

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 30, 2012, 12:07:35 AM
Your mod looks fine, but if you would not mind doing a total re-draw, that'd probably be even more cool. Personally, i don't think people like my artwork. It may be too adult-themed/ too hentai-ish for most, especially since this is an action game and not a hentai game. As for the alternate outfit, i've already got the 3d-model.

The goal was for me to do every in-game pic of Roll twice, one with normal jumpsuit and another with the alternate outfit.

I stopped just because the boobs were just too gawd-damn BIG :| Not to mention the suggestiveness of the chest region. Personally, i think i just went too far into making her straight Hentai material.

note: please be an adult/mature if you view the link below...
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/vkp_JJ/set_001bb.png

After seeing/looking at it the day after i drew it, i just knew i had to stop. (Yeah, that's suppose to be armor O_O)

As for SAI, yeah, that's what i use too. Normally after i draw something that's ready to put in the game, I just clean the border/outline of whatever it is i drew so you get a clean cookie-cutout with no artifacts.