Timeline of X

Zan · 32165

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 12:52:13 AM
This is all wonderful information, but I've always wondered something: where exactly did Signas come from?  Was he built by Dr. Cain or Cain Labs at some point prior to X5, or was he built by some 3rd party and has nothing to do with Cain/Cain Labs?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 12:27:24 PM
He's just this guy, you know?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 02:01:50 PM
This is all wonderful information, but I've always wondered something: where exactly did Signas come from?  Was he built by Dr. Cain or Cain Labs at some point prior to X5, or was he built by some 3rd party and has nothing to do with Cain/Cain Labs?

Well, you can throw away the notion that "Cain Labs" build him, because Cain Labs doesn't exist in the RockmanX games.

As for Signas' creator, like with so many Reploids, we don't know we built him. It's not considered relevant, really.

Here's one of his profiles:

Signas
Feeling responsible for the many needless deaths resulting from judging the
Colonel as an Irregular and starting the Repliforce Great War, the previous
Irregular Hunter General has resigned.
Urgently, Signas was chosen for the duty. Not intended to be a warrior, Signas
was designed with the latest repliroid advances and possesses the most
precise CPU in existence. Because of his calm judgement and quick thinking,
he was selected to the position of General.

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 04:25:04 AM
Well, you can throw away the notion that "Cain Labs" build him, because Cain Labs doesn't exist in the RockmanX games.

As for Signas' creator, like with so many Reploids, we don't know we built him. It's not considered relevant, really.

Here's one of his profiles:

Signas
Feeling responsible for the many needless deaths resulting from judging the
Colonel as an Irregular and starting the Repliforce Great War, the previous
Irregular Hunter General has resigned.
Urgently, Signas was chosen for the duty. Not intended to be a warrior, Signas
was designed with the latest repliroid advances and possesses the most
precise CPU in existence. Because of his calm judgement and quick thinking,
he was selected to the position of General.

It may not be entirely relevant, but I've always wondered where he came from, though obviously someone knew who he was in order to consider him as leader of the Hunters.  Also, I wondered if they were referring to Dr. Cain as being the one who resigned, or someone else entirely (an unnamed leader, maybe?).

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 04:30:31 AM
It may not be entirely relevant, but I've always wondered where he came from, though obviously someone knew who he was in order to consider him as leader of the Hunters.  Also, I wondered if they were referring to Dr. Cain as being the one who resigned, or someone else entirely (an unnamed leader, maybe?).
It was some unamed reploid general.  Cain supposely died after X4 or, acorrding to MHX durning the missle lanch.  We'll never exactly know what's exactly right, but unless they make a MHX 2 I'd learn toward the the first scenario.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 04:35:10 AM
It was some unamed reploid general.  Cain supposely died after X4 or, acorrding to MHX durning the missle lanch.  We'll never exactly know what's exactly right, but unless they make a MHX 2 I'd learn toward the the first scenario.

I see.  I always assumed that maybe it was Cain who stepped down, realizing that his endeavors were largely a failure, and that he probably died soon thereafter.  Still, we probably won't know for sure unless, as you said, they ever bring the matter up again.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 04:35:26 AM
It was some unamed reploid general.  Cain supposely died after X4 or, acorrding to MHX durning the missle lanch.  We'll never exactly know what's exactly right, but unless they make a MHX 2 I'd learn toward the the first scenario.
Cain never died in MHX. and we have no knowledge of what happened to him after X4. For all we know, he's playing with those toy robots in a nursing home.

As or the previous general, they mentioned him looking similar to the General of the Repliforce. with "whiskers like the General"
It may not be entirely relevant, but I've always wondered where he came from, though obviously someone knew who he was in order to consider him as leader of the Hunters.  Also, I wondered if they were referring to Dr. Cain as being the one who resigned, or someone else entirely (an unnamed leader, maybe?).
I recall from somewhere that he was a private investigator- which would actually make sense, with his advanced CPU.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 04:40:53 AM
Cain never died in MHX. and we have no knowledge of what happened to him after X4. For all we know, he's playing with those toy robots in a nursing home.
Yeah I guess you're right about the missle lanch in MHX, but Cain had to of died eventually at some point.  I mean he's really old and in MHX he was hooked up to a life support machine trying to prolong his life as long as possible so he could see as much of the progress and advancement of the repliod race for as long as possible.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 04:44:40 AM
it was not life support. the only time we see him hooked up is when he's eating. The most likely scenario is that it helps him while he eats. It very well may be artificial kidneys, maybe even a type of dialysis machine. after all, the Artwork for MHX shows him standing up just fine, with his cane, only he has 4 spots on his back where the machine can hook up to.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 05:03:09 AM
it was not life support. the only time we see him hooked up is when he's eating. The most likely scenario is that it helps him while he eats. It very well may be artificial kidneys, maybe even a type of dialysis machine. after all, the Artwork for MHX shows him standing up just fine, with his cane, only he has 4 spots on his back where the machine can hook up to.

I never thought about that, but that seems plausible.  He was a fairly old man (he had to be in his 60s when X was discovered, and maybe older than that even), so he probably did have health problems of some sort (but if he was able to walk around then I suppose it's not life-support).  It's also true that you never see him actually die in MHX, though a lot of people assume that he died in the explosion.  Still, that game is a remake, and you do see him for a couple more games, so like you guys said, we wouldn't really know what the deal was until they make at least a MHX2.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 07:48:42 PM

We do not know if the general of the Hunters was a Repliroid. It could have been Cain. X-compendium makes a big point on how the X-series is divided into three parts. X's early days with Cain has the hunter commander. The time Signas took charge, and the time Axl appeared.

I recall from somewhere that he was a private investigator- which would actually make sense, with his advanced CPU.

Complete and utterly made up. Stop hanging around MMX9.com >.>

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 08:01:32 PM
I heard it before X9 though. I dont remember where. UGH X( I have all those yet I never remember where I heard them-

also, didnt they say he had "whiskers like the general"? I dont see Cains mustache looking like General's.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 09:49:29 PM
also, didnt they say he had "whiskers like the general"? I dont see Cains mustache looking like General's.

Designer comments, yes. But what the designers had in mind might not match the final product.

And just because General and the hunter commander both had whiskers, doesn't mean said whiskers have to look alike.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 02:48:57 AM
X's early days with Cain has the hunter commander.

Under Cain's guidance, but not as commander. The Rockman X Chou Hyakka has a basic diagram of Hunter unit groups, and Cain is listed as an Advisor over all the units, but it also shows an upper department of Hunter brass that went above him, the Hunter general they were talking about is likely a member of that higher group.

Offline Brahman

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: October 28, 2009, 07:08:10 PM
Under Cain's guidance, but not as commander. The Rockman X Chou Hyakka has a basic diagram of Hunter unit groups, and Cain is listed as an Advisor over all the units, but it also shows an upper department of Hunter brass that went above him, the Hunter general they were talking about is likely a member of that higher group.

Interesting.  You'd think at the time Cain would have been leader of the Hunters (didn't he found the organization?), but then again that doesn't have to be the case.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 04:43:58 AM
There's a reason why he isn't the leader. Well. Reasons.

1) He's not a robot.

2) He's a botanist... The very idea of a botanist making robots is a scary one. Seeing as how botany has nothing to do with robotics outside of a robot made from plants.

So, making a botanist, who is not a robot, as the head of said robots is a very very poor choice.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 12:50:14 PM
Archeologist, wasn't it?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 05:37:58 PM
2) He's a botanist... The very idea of a botanist making robots is a scary one. Seeing as how botany has nothing to do with robotics outside of a robot made from plants.
Archeologist, wasn't it?

He's neither and both. He's the leading scientist mind of the 22nd century, he's an all-rounder with expertise in many fields.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 07:06:19 PM
I remember seeing Cain in X3, but nothing after X4. If you switch to Zero and he dies, there's a cutscene between X, Zero, and Cain.

So what's the story behind Megamission? I know it's some kind of card game,and that it takes place around X3 according to your timeline. If possible, I would like to know how the card game works.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: December 29, 2009, 07:36:32 PM
It's not a 'game', it's a set of collectible cards. The whole collection is three different card sets which each tell a story in the X-series universe.

You can view the card sets here:
http://earth.prohosting.com/b0690346/htm/megamission/001006.htm
http://earth.prohosting.com/b0690346/htm/megamission/043048.htm
http://earth.prohosting.com/b0690346/htm/megamission/085090.htm

A translation of the first story can be found here:
http://forum.rockmanpm.com/index.php?topic=284.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 07, 2010, 11:16:02 PM
There was also the Manga based on the first card series.

Offline MrLeviRatX

• Awesome Maverick Hunter
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 08:11:22 PM
wow, you must have put a lot of time into this! this is really appreciated!

HADOUKEN!!!

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 20, 2010, 04:47:15 AM
No joke, must have taken TIME to do this.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
  • Justice will always win
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: September 14, 2010, 04:52:45 AM
I found these a cpuple of years ago but they were missing in one of my cpu formatings, thankyou for the sharing.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 09:24:49 PM
Hey Zan, Shouldn't the timeline be updated with recent info revealed by the Zero Collection sources such as the vanished timeline and the character profiles? Mainly the information that establishes that Zero had a defect in his Cognitive program, and cites it as the reason for his innate violence before being subdued by Sigma and taken to Cain.