TOONAMI IS ON RIGHT [tornado fang]ing NOW

Jericho · 45435

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 03:08:03 PM
This one is very short but the manga is still going so the anime pretty much cuts out a lot. Now I'll actually watch Toonami again, I love Soul Eater.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 09, 2013, 06:55:09 AM
I hope this is the push that gets Bones to get to work on  Soul Eater: Brotherhood anime. God, some of the stuff later in the manga would look gorgeous animated.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: March 10, 2013, 07:41:12 PM
Some new stuff on the Toonami Front, everybody.

A Toonami panel at Momo con is going on, big news has been announced.

One Piece is coming back to Toonami.

Evangelion movie night on March 17.

T.O.M 5 and a new Absolution.

Good stuff, very good stuff.

http://youtu.be/Y6cokwNNg4U
The model for T.O.M. 5

Plus a few Pics of T.O.M. 5

I like his design, very cool, though T.O.M. 3.5 is still my favorite..

EVANGELION IS COMING BACK (Though just the Rebuild movies from what it looks like.)
ONE PIECE IS COMING BACK.

Though it should've come back in december instead of jumpsuit ninja chronicles, imo.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: March 10, 2013, 08:01:20 PM
Any TOM looks better than TOM 4.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: March 10, 2013, 08:06:58 PM
This is true.

I like this new design, its not as bulky as TOM 3 or 3.5 and brings back a lot of the old TOM 2 design points.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: March 10, 2013, 08:55:49 PM
I'd rather Toonami not air Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece at all. Haven't we seen enough of it? Those anime are pretty much oversaturating the western Anime market as it is.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: March 10, 2013, 09:13:35 PM
One Piece is actually good.

And its been sorely neglected. 4Kids' dub partly to blame, the good Funimation dub not getting much of a chance on TV. Really the only way to watch it is through the DVD's, and not everybody is willing to drop money on DVD sets.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #57 on: March 10, 2013, 09:41:12 PM
I haven't seen One Piece on Toonami, thought I kinda forgot if they were airing the 4Kids' dub at the time or not (it's starting to come back to me though now thinking about the old TOM 4 days). I can handle less Naruto and Bleach is starting to get stale with me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: March 10, 2013, 09:46:24 PM
I haven't seen One Piece on Toonami, thought I kinda forgot if they were airing the 4Kids' dub at the time or not

No, it was the FUNimation dub.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: March 10, 2013, 09:52:28 PM
Damn you 4Kids for scaring me away from the series with your [acid burst]-poor localization and censorship! X(

Well I'll have to give the series a chance again when it shows up again.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: March 10, 2013, 09:58:22 PM
No matter how good One Piece may be (Which it's really, no, it's not), those three anime are called the Big 3 for a reason. I'm sick of seeing them all over the place, and unfortunately, the cash cow those three are, they're not going anywhere. They're hurting the growth of other anime, because everyone goes on about those three and don't bother to watch anything else.

Sorry if I sound a little bit accusative with that but I'm running on 2-3 hours of sleep because I had to wade through two hours of Naruto, Bleach, Thundercats, and Sym-Bionic Titan reruns to watch any decent anime.

Damn you 4Kids for scaring me away from the series with your [acid burst]-poor localization and censorship! X(

Well I'll have to give the series a chance again when it shows up again.

They're called 4Kids. They're a children's dubbing group. They dub anime for CHILDREN. If you don't like it, that's because you're not a CHILD.
Pointless hate.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: March 10, 2013, 10:07:21 PM
No, it was the FUNimation dub.

They aired the 4Kids dub up until Skypiea, which obviously wasn't dubbed by 4Kids so they just swapped over to Funimation's dub.

Posted on: March 10, 2013, 02:58:35 PM
No matter how good One Piece may be (Which it's really, no, it's not), those three anime are called the Big 3 for a reason. I'm sick of seeing them all over the place, and unfortunately, the cash cow those three are, they're not going anywhere. They're hurting the growth of other anime, because everyone goes on about those three and don't bother to watch anything else.

Sorry if I sound a little bit accusative with that but I'm running on 2-3 hours of sleep because I had to wade through two hours of Naruto, Bleach, Thundercats, and Sym-Bionic Titan reruns to watch any decent anime.

So you "waded" through half the block on a day where an hour was cut out? Sym-Bionic too, so you obviously weren't watching that closely, just to watch reruns, Space Tenchi starring not tenchi, and Soul Eater?

Good job mate. Your name makes perfect [tornado fang]ing sense now.

Sick of seeing them all over the place? Just Bleach and Naruto are really plastered everywhere, I've not seen a lot of One Piece stuff since it stopped airing on TV. Maybe in Japan, but not here.
Hurting the growth of Anime, maybe because Niche series are just that, if you want to watch those nobody's stopping you, but don't expect your favorite show to become Mainstream in the US.
Because everybody goes on about those three? Nice Strawman. Nice Generalizations, 10/10 would admire your opinion again.
And also, opinions. I personally enjoy One Piece, it has something of a... fun value to it. None of the other Big Three have that, and hell, Bleach may as well not even be one anymore since its pretty much over. Just not in the US.

They WERE called 4Kids. They WERE a children's dubbing group. They USED TO dub anime for CHILDREN. If you don't like it, that's because you're not a CHILD.
Pointless hate.

When they dub a series meant for a wider audience, this is to be expected.
When they take the advice of crazy soccer-moms who believe everything needs to be inoffensive and [parasitic bomb], you get 4Kids quality dubbing.
Then again we did get comic gold in the form of the Hammer gun whatever. But really, its a violent enough series that they shouldn't have tried their hand at it. Too much Blood and guns, Super Soakers aren't effective weapons and look silly.

Also made a few fixes, 4Kids is pretty much nonexistent now, they shut down their dubbing stuff and changed their company name even.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: March 10, 2013, 10:13:15 PM
Raging isn't necessary.
I just went by what schedule I read online. I kept the TV off and did other things until something else came on according to the schedule. If they weren't airings something I thought they were, and I missed it, oh boy. Big deal. Turn TV off and get back to Thief. It's not really that big a problem.

I never said I expect the anime I like to become mainstream. In fact I'm incredibly pessimistic about it and DON'T expect anything besides the Big 3 to become popular in the US.

"opinions opinions, dont like them tough [parasitic bomb]"
-RMZX
So uh, yeah, I don't like it, so why are we discussing this

As for the 4Kids matter, I'm sorry if I haven't looked at what's on the CW at 8 AM in over four years. I literally was not aware of the name change or the fact they stopped dubbing.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: April 16, 2013, 07:02:33 AM

Raging isn't necessary.
I just went by what schedule I read online. I kept the TV off and did other things until something else came on according to the schedule. If they weren't airings something I thought they were, and I missed it, oh boy. Big deal.

Kinda is if you're trying to argue about something. Makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about.

I never said I expect the anime I like to become mainstream. In fact I'm incredibly pessimistic about it and DON'T expect anything besides the Big 3 to become popular in the US.

Good, then you understand that you should just shut up and not care about what is popular unless you like it too.
Like everybody else in the world should be doing but isn't because "Baww muh favrits aren't on teevee"
Gotta understand, this is pretty much the thought process going through every company ever.
[youtube]JoYWdHe4tQ4[/youtube]
They don't care about what people really like, they'll listen to suggestions, and can sometimes go for things if popular opinion wants something, unfortunately, there was a vocal enough demand for Naruto and that is why it is on TV again. Because enough Horrible, awful, nasty Weaboo people spoke up to convince [as] that it would be profitable for them to air it again. Same goes for One Piece, granted its not always true, since the earlier shows were definitely experiments, but it didn't take them that long to bring in more that they knew would get people watching.

"opinions opinions, dont like them tough [parasitic bomb]"
-RMZX
So uh, yeah, I don't like it, so why are we discussing this

You know that quote is basically something I wrote after certain people got pissed off at me for expressing my opinions. I only really said it because I don't like people telling me my opinion is [parasitic bomb].
You don't like One Piece, whatever, more power to you. Just stop telling me its [parasitic bomb] because you think it is.
[spoiler= non-related [parasitic bomb]]Can't wait for the inevitable "You're a [tornado fang]ing hypocrite" stuff to come out.[/spoiler]

Posted on: March 10, 2013, 03:26:02 PM
Some new stuff from Toonamis Tumblr.

ONE ANNOUNCEMENT TO RULE THEM ALL…And in the darkness, BIND THEM.

Hey guys! Below is the basic list of stuff we announced at Momocon.

1. In April (date tbd), we will premiere TOM 5, a new Absolution, and a new look for Toonami, including a new logo. Some of that stuff isn't ready yet, so keep checking this blog and we'll put up new stuff as we finish it. And no, still no Sara or Clydes… yet.
2. In the next couple of months we will premiere an online comic that will tell the story of How TOM 3 became TOM 4, how TOM 4 became TOM 3.5, where Sara and the Clydes are, and how we got TOM 5 and the new Absolution. We'll offer more details on that when we have them.
3. Toonami will air One Piece this year. We're not sure yet it if will replace Tenchi GXP or come in later, and we're not sure where we will start in the episode order. We'll let you know more in the coming months.
4. Next week, on Toonami's birthday, we will be showing Evangelion 1.11 You Are [Not] Alone. The following week our schedule will return to normal (sorry, Soul Eater/Eureka/Sym-Bionic fans!). Schedule is posted below, scroll down to see it.
5. We were not able to make a promo for the Eva movie for various reasons, but that's okay, we promise! It's just a birthday present, not part of a larger series of “movie nights.” We're still exploring that.
6. There will be a few other goodies airing on our birthday, so don't miss it! And no… NO HINTS. You gotta watch!
7. We are still exploring short series to air, short series fans, so we'll let you know if and when we have announcements in that area!
8. Video of the Toonami Momocon panel, as well as some interviews, were shot by the Toonami Faithful crew and will be up soon!
9. Thanks to Chad Bonin for inviting us to the panel, moderating and being a cool dude.
10. We love you!

Posted on: March 10, 2013, 11:36:24 PM
April 27th is the date for the new look of Toonami.

Tenchi GXP ends on the 11th of May.

Posted on: April 07, 2013, 01:45:32 AM
Some more One Piece news just came out.

Begins the 18th of May at 1AM, they will NOT be starting from the beginning, instead we start at episode 207.

Probably for the best, seeing as the show is almost 600 [tornado fang]ing episodes long and we have plenty of episodes available on DVD.

So uh, good news for those who care not about any of the shonens, they're all in one nice block before everything else. Soul Eater will of course move to 1:30.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: April 25, 2013, 08:30:34 AM
Any news if Yu Yu Hakusho is coming back on Toonami?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: April 25, 2013, 08:39:55 AM
No? I wouldn't doubt it could come back again, Funimation is pretty good about appeasing fans.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: April 25, 2013, 08:47:16 AM
I hope it does, I still need to see the entire thing.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: April 25, 2013, 08:57:08 AM
I hope it does, I still need to see the entire thing.

You will not regret it. If nothing else you could always buy the DVDs. Blu-ray for stunning quality.

4 seasons, around 24 episodes in each one.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: April 28, 2013, 09:02:58 AM
IGPX returns to Toonami tonight along with the brand new look for the block.

Posted on: April 27, 2013, 06:28:02 AM
In case anybody cares about the bumps with TOM 5 and stuff, SARA's back in the picture, though she looks more like her incarnation from the TOM 1/2 era and not the Anime girl look from TOM 3.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: April 29, 2013, 04:28:24 AM
I preferred Sara's TOM3 look myself. It was the one I grew up with. As for the new Absolution and the TOM5 design, I love those.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: May 05, 2013, 05:42:13 AM
Well we just got word straight from TOM -- just now -- One Piece is coming to Toonami again. Wonder which series gonna replace for One Piece.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: May 05, 2013, 06:38:41 AM
Ummm.... have you read the thread? This was announced in March. Its replacing Tenchi GXP.
Some more One Piece news just came out.

Begins the 18th of May at 1AM, they will NOT be starting from the beginning, instead we start at episode 207.

Probably for the best, seeing as the show is almost 600 [tornado fang]ing episodes long and we have plenty of episodes available on DVD.

So uh, good news for those who care not about any of the shonens, they're all in one nice block before everything else. Soul Eater will of course move to 1:30.

Hell, [as] proper announced it as coming back, in one of their text Bumpers.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: May 05, 2013, 06:54:35 AM
Whoops, completely missed that...

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: May 09, 2013, 08:00:54 PM
Well, at least it's replacing Tenchi GXP...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: May 25, 2013, 05:04:45 AM
Toonami... I thought you had better standards than this.

I think I need a drink.

I can name at least two other series that would've been far better.

EDIT: Found this.

[youtube]cJkNkqv-zXY[/youtube]