Bad Art Mega Man Joins the Cross (Street Fighter x Tekken that is; also Pac Man)

Jericho · 44055

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Or ya know.  To have fun w/ its fans.  HUMOUR.

Archer

Or ya know.  To have fun w/ its fans.  HUMOUR.

but megaman is serious business

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Of course, look at his face when he says, "THIS IS MY DESTINY!"

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
but megaman is serious business

Economically speaking, it is. MegaMan is a license, a brand, a product and therefore a part of Capcom's business plan and right now the customer base that buys this product is a little on edge considering everything that happened last year and how awful Capcom's customer service was.

The only real reason that Capcom's customer service doesn't matter is because it's a gaming company and because no matter how pissed people get, they'll still buy their products, to the point where they probably could intentionally troll the fans if they wanted to (which I don't believe is the case here) and in the long run it won't matter.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Hey guys, remember the Sub Tank drawing with the cigar Mega Man and naked Roll?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
<3 that drawing!

And, according to my data, it's from 2008 I believe.

Four damn years already. Crap.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
It's that old? Wow. Time sure does fly indeed!

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
man...the way Subbie drew roll's eyes is just....erotic~

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
OOOH
THAT pic

Sub Tank is indeed a prophet. XD

(And wow... 4 years...)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
[spoiler]BBA Megaman is really Segata Sanshiro
[/spoiler]

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Its because Capcom has shitty timing, or really does want to troll its fans.

In fact, im convinced thats exactly what's happening here. There is no other explanation for that bio. They cant possibly be that dense.

Reading the quote Ono gave about speaking to "Mr. Megaman" (aka Mr. I) back in 2010 sounds like he got permission from Inafune himself to do this and stuck with it. I guess it was supposed to be a joke but with everything that went down in 2011, it's getting turned into "Capcom haet Megamans" again.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Yeah, everything after the Legends 3 incident has pretty much been either a bad/horrible idea with good intentions, or an ok idea/joke with horrible timing. Can't really blame people for being upset. They need to get over the whole "CAPCOM Y U KEEP TROLLING US" thing though, in a year, the community became a kind of a joke to other people.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Yeah, I've seen that myself, Tai. All the BAWWWWing over every single thing Capcom does has made everyone stop taking us seriously.

At this rate, we'll be worse than the more rabid side of the Sonic fanbase.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Yeah, I've seen that myself, Tai. All the BAWWWWing over every single thing Capcom does has made everyone stop taking us seriously.

At this rate, we'll be worse than the more rabid side of the Sonic fanbase.

I have yet to see that rabid side of Sonic fans. I'm a Sonic fan, but I LOVE every Sonic game they have released including Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, The Black Knight, and Secrets of the Rings.

I don't baw over everything Capcom does, they have some great games like Asura's Wrath I'm looking forward to getting and the inclusion of a Mega Man character in a fighting game is great... if it was what the fans wanted for a Mega Man character. I'll admit I'm surprise to see him, but after seeing him in action I like it! Quite a goofy and funny cameo of Mega Man to appear, and let's face it have we really see THIS type of Mega Man in any game before besides boxart? I say give him a chance, I like his "This is my destiny" quote already.

Am I mad that it isn't Mega Man X? A little and who I wish was in UMvC3.
Do I like this Mega Man for a fighter character? Yes, he's quite funny and looks fun to play as.

If Capcom didn't cancel two "new" Mega Man games than this would have been well-received and fans would've loved it! And I think the bio is just hurting this Mega Man's potential of being approve by the fans (I know he was decided upon before Inafune's leave and cancel of MML3) so they could've tweak or change his bio a bit. But I like the little nod the Legends series, however not everyone would agree with me.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
What I mean by the rabid side are those who dismiss any and all new Sonic games because they're not like the classics and rip them to pieces without even giving them a fair chance.

Which is what some of the MM fanbase is doing with anything Capcom does: rip it to pieces without even giving it a fair chance.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
What I mean by the rabid side are those who dismiss any and all new Sonic games because they're not like the classics and rip them to pieces without even giving them a fair chance.

Which is what some of the MM fanbase is doing with anything Capcom does: rip it to pieces without even giving it a fair chance.

There's a huge difference though. Sonic fans were pissed at Sonic games cause they weren't like the classics, but this was developing over years and years of disappointment with the actual games themselves. MM fans are pissed because zero compensation has been offered after their clusterfuck of a PR disaster towards their fanbase/customers. Zero compensation. Through one dicktarded PR nightmare, in the span of a year fans have gone from insanely hopeful to insanely pissed, and it's entirely Capcom's fault for the way they handled things, and there's absolutely no way around that.

Until that's fixed and until Capcom starts showing some shred of compensation for their [tornado fang] up, stuff like this, which should be seen as a humorous gesture, will get people upset. That's all there is to it.

Archer

compensate? capcom doesn't owe you anything and even if they did they don't have to

if they decide to actually release something, you guys who are so deprived will eat it right up

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
And that right there is what I meant by the more rabid side of fanbases.

To think that a company owes us for screwing us over... Yeah, the fans are indeed what make a company successful, the customers. But just because they cancel a few things doesn't mean they HAVE to do something. At the end of the day, we don't matter to them. They don't care how we feel or what we want; they only care about what makes them money. And in that greed, they're often blinded to the extremely obvious solutions (such as MEGA MAN).

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
if they decide to actually release something, you guys who are so deprived will eat it right up

Yeah...no.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
So officially, it's Mega Man: SRS BZNSS now, correct?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Archer

Yeah...no.

i meant like a proper new game, not...that

i know you guys aren't that desperate

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
If it's decent/good, I don't see why we wouldn't support, but if it's like that...yeah, like you said, we're not that desperate.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
compensate? capcom doesn't owe you anything and even if they did they don't have to

Maybe they don't owe us anything. But offering compensation would help towards calming the fans a bit.

Public relations matter.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
If they truly cared about the fans, they would have done something about it already.

The most we've received are horrible ports and vague promises.

They'll do something eventually, but until then complaining about it won't solve anything.