Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: January 16, 2012, 10:20:44 PM
Look at Duo's left hand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eKOnavS6Mg#t=7m24sec

Now look at X's left hand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E-86l6vdNE#t=5m07sec

Duo was made to eliminate "Evil Energy", something Wily discovered and attempted to harness for his own designs. When Mega Man came in contact with Evil Energy, it nearly killed him. If it weren't for Duo, it would have. I therefore posit that at some point, Dr. Light was either allowed to study Duo or gathered enough from him in Mega Man 8 to be able to incorporate into his design of X. This may or may not have played into X's uniquely perfect anti-virus (or anti-"Evil Energy") countermeasures. If not, it could at least have been an accessory to it. Perhaps X may have been meant to purge Evil Energy himself?

Pardon if this theory is flimsy, but I wanted to have a little fun with this.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 12:30:36 AM
Theory:  Duo is not an alien but in fact MegaMan from the future (post Legends) traveling back through time.

A clever cover story, but only a retard would believe Duo is from another planet.  Luckily 20XX is filled with retards who believe aliens look exactly like Earth robots.  Dr. Light reverse engineered part of Duo's design to create MegaMan X who would eventually become the foundation for all future Reploid technology and beyond, creating a gigantic time paradox.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 01:14:09 AM
I guess linking the Virus to Evil Energy never gets old to some people...

I prefer to read X's hand attack as being a desperation move, necessary because his buster was lying on the floor.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 03:23:22 AM
How was Evil Energy explained the OCW, just out of curiosity?

I think it's easier to see X's hand attack as a blatant homage to the Shining Finger, especially when considering the VA for X also did Domon and the VA for Sigma also did Master Asia. I just thought this parallel with Duo might've given it a little more depth than that. Not to mention this isn't the first time Mega Man has dealt with space-faring robots.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 05:49:51 AM
But the VA allusion only works in English. I'm not sure about Sigma, but X and Domon have never shared a seiyuu. So it's just a big coincidence.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 07:00:21 AM
I think it's easier to see X's hand attack as a blatant homage to the Shining Finger, especially when considering the VA for X also did Domon and the VA for Sigma also did Master Asia.

To add on to what Sato already said about the voices, here is something about Sigma's English voice.  Although the voice actor for Master Asia's English voice (Dave Pettitt) also performed Sigma's English voice in Megaman X8, he was not Sigma's English voice actor in Megaman Maverick Hunter X/The Day of Sigma.  in Megaman Maverick Hunter X/The Day of Sigma, Gerald Matthews is the English voice actor for Sigma.  I don't recall Gerald Matthews ever doing voice work as Master Asia.  

However, I will not deny X's hand attack being similar to the Shining Finger.  If X had the ability to merge himself with a bigger mechanical body like Sigma or Megaman Juno did, and also retained the glowing hand attack, it is going to be real similar to the Gundam version and will probably hurt an opponent a lot too.  

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 07:53:47 AM
I wouldn't say that much we see in X came from Duo, but according to Light in either Power Battles or Power Fighters, Duo inspired Light with the concept of the Heart. I'd think that after repairing Duo, seeing Duo's personality and Wily's later schemes that it could be correlated.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 09:22:37 AM
All Duo and his evil friend's visit to earth accomplished was to give Wily the inspiration to create an energy based virus that can travel through the air and infect robots, Which became Roboenza, which later also resulted in the Sigma Virus which is pretty much the cause of everything post Classic.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Archer

Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 10:35:02 AM
i bet light based x off x, from that one episode where x comes back in time

i may be getting my continuities confused here i dunno, i'm no zan

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 01:27:15 PM
Personally I think that X is based on Megaman, except improved on in every way.
But I'm insane, so who the [tornado fang] cares what I have to say?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 03:00:26 PM
I wouldn't say that much we see in X came from Duo, but according to Light in either Power Battles or Power Fighters, Duo inspired Light with the concept of the Heart. I'd think that after repairing Duo, seeing Duo's personality and Wily's later schemes that it could be correlated.

Please do review those games.

The scene where Right speaks of the same concepts as X, occurs in The Power Battle (Battle, not Battles). It has no relation whatsoever to Duo, in fact, Duo's debut in the series isn't until the sequel The Power Fighters.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 04:59:26 AM
I guess linking the Virus to Evil Energy never gets old to some people...

Old habits die hard, as they say.

All Duo and his evil friend's visit to earth accomplished was to give Wily the inspiration to create an energy based virus that can travel through the air and infect robots, Which became Roboenza, which later also resulted in the Sigma Virus which is pretty much the cause of everything post Classic.

In a sense, Dr.Wily only was inspired to create an artificial disease, in which Dr. Light decided to counteract it, in the form of X, as a revamp of Rock's origional blueprints. (from what I can tell)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 05:29:20 AM
Well, if your only weapon (which is the buster on your arm) is gone, wouldnt you attack with YO FINGAS?!

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 05:58:17 AM
How was Evil Energy explained in the OCW, just out of curiosity?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 08:00:35 AM
It wasn't. Only Zero collection I think, in its timeline, mentioned a virus from outer space which made robots violent and riotous. (citing it as Light's reason for giving X perfect virus countermeasures, since he figured X could possibly fight robots infected with similar viruses in the future.) But that is referring to Roboenza, since Evil Energy did not cause robots to become violent and Riotous, as far as anyone can tell.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 06:47:43 PM
Perhaps not within the events of Mega Man 10. But wasn't Roboenza manufactured by Wily, not come from space?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 07:52:00 PM
Perhaps not within the events of Mega Man 10. But wasn't Roboenza manufactured by Wily, not come from space?

Rockman 10: Uchuu Kara no Kyoui!!

Rockman 10: Threat from Outer Space!!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 08:27:23 PM
Remember what Wily's base was like in 10.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 09:12:57 PM
I think it was Wily's most awesome base ever... it's even more unexpected than the extra area in MM2.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Mike Arcade

• Lives in Obscurity
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mike Arcade's youtube page
Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 10:05:38 AM
It's not too far-fetched to consider that Light learned somethings while rebuilding Duo, and then later in his life used what he learned in order to build X, though personally I think that Light building X just to stop Wily's plans with Zero in the future is stretching it a bit, especially saying that X was made to stop Zero spreading a virus around. Personally I think Light never knew about Zero in the first place, and never learned about what Wily had in store. As for Wily however it can go either way, from the looks of things in Power Fighters, Wily started to build Zero far before Light ever started building X, considering he was already working on him (Probably started to build him after MM8 at least). Wily possibly found out about X some time later and programmed Zero to not only spread chaos across the world with his program, but to destroy the last creation of Light in order to prove who was the superior creator. That or Zero was programmed to destroy all of light's creations from the start and never knew about X, that sounds more probable sence Wily's goal with Zero WAS to destroy Megaman (and to show Bass what for to an extent).

You know rather then fight for everlasting peace, I usually fight because blowing stuff up is fun.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 10:27:56 AM
Zero's purpose only ever was as basically a robot killer to top all robot killers. Initially, just to defeat Bass and Rock, and after he learned of X, changed that to "destroy X". Either way though, Zero was ALSO always Wily's magnum opus. To be his greatest creation which would prove how much better and smarter he was than Light.

Hard to say what *exact/specific* purposes Wily made the virus for, there are a few Ideas.

The biggest one, to pacify and control Zero. We know Zero was ealed away do to a cognitive program flaw that made him extremely violent and disobedient. When he was infected in his fight with Sigma, he became normal. Under the scenario that he is bombarded with virus in X5 if you fail the shuttle, he becomes cold and uncaring, "awakening" and remembering his original mission and unbiasedly accepting it, despite all the time he has known X. The Virus also acts as some sort of power source for Zero as well, making him stronger.

It's ALSO possible, and likely, that Wily's revival "through the virus" was planned as well.

And it's also possible he wanted to try and repeat his plan from 10, virus to make robots go nuts/control them, and the wrench in the works was that Sigma bonded with his virus and Zero, being infected as well, forgot his mission and became a normal level headed reploid.

On X- Both X1 and MHX seem to suggest that Light considered the idea that robots needed to have complete and true free will, the kind X has- and also figured the future would need someone like Rock to protect them. So he made X. He also figured that after the events of 10, that X might fight robots with similar viruses in the future, and gave him perfect virus countermeasures.

But nothing to suggest that Light had learned of Zero, OR that Duo had any influence.

Though then again, if the Evil alien robot was what inspired Wily to make airborne energy based viruses, then its certainly possible Duo inspired SOMETHING.

Offline Mike Arcade

• Lives in Obscurity
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mike Arcade's youtube page
Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 06:40:21 AM
Zero's purpose only ever was as basically a robot killer to top all robot killers. Initially, just to defeat Bass and Rock, and after he learned of X, changed that to "destroy X". Either way though, Zero was ALSO always Wily's magnum opus. To be his greatest creation which would prove how much better and smarter he was than Light.

Hard to say what *exact/specific* purposes Wily made the virus for, there are a few Ideas.

The biggest one, to pacify and control Zero. We know Zero was ealed away do to a cognitive program flaw that made him extremely violent and disobedient. When he was infected in his fight with Sigma, he became normal. Under the scenario that he is bombarded with virus in X5 if you fail the shuttle, he becomes cold and uncaring, "awakening" and remembering his original mission and unbiasedly accepting it, despite all the time he has known X. The Virus also acts as some sort of power source for Zero as well, making him stronger.

It's ALSO possible, and likely, that Wily's revival "through the virus" was planned as well.

And it's also possible he wanted to try and repeat his plan from 10, virus to make robots go nuts/control them, and the wrench in the works was that Sigma bonded with his virus and Zero, being infected as well, forgot his mission and became a normal level headed reploid.

On X- Both X1 and MHX seem to suggest that Light considered the idea that robots needed to have complete and true free will, the kind X has- and also figured the future would need someone like Rock to protect them. So he made X. He also figured that after the events of 10, that X might fight robots with similar viruses in the future, and gave him perfect virus countermeasures.

But nothing to suggest that Light had learned of Zero, OR that Duo had any influence.

Though then again, if the Evil alien robot was what inspired Wily to make airborne energy based viruses, then its certainly possible Duo inspired SOMETHING.

Pretty much, though I wasn't exactly sure if Wily ever knew about X (I had my doubts), But thinking over it I think he knew considering Zero's intro in X4 and X's Dialogue with Sigma in X5, though the latter has (as of yet) never been established and only raises more questions, like did Dr. Light have a helping hand creating X? If that's the case then yes, Wily knew about X and later programmed Zero to end him, Now THAT'S a hell of a theory!

As for your theories on the virus, they sound very concrete. I mean after all Wily doesn't look like the most competent A.I. programmer, considering how Bass and many others turned out.  XD

Though I've always wondered if the Virus was a way to draw out Zero's latent power, considring the incident in X5, that it was a program not only to spread mass chaos but to also a command to use Zero's full strength it seems so. Years later however Wiel managed to do that with Zero's body with his Omega AI, but that's because Wiel managed to understand Zero's inner workings when he took the body, and later used the Dark Elf as a way similar to how Wily used the Virus for Zero in order to draw out the body's true power. (Sorry I got a little side tracked there)

As for X, well I already knew that. I mean after all those years of fighting a mad man of course Light is going to end up arming X to the teeth with constant weaponry, though that counter for viruses seems to make perfect sence considering X can never get infected, thank you Megaman 10! Also I never said Light knew about Zero, see Zero interact with a Light Capsule in X5, I said that because some other people thought about that in this topic and I said that it was too far-fetched. No big deal really.

Man these theories can get exausting can they?  o-O

You know rather then fight for everlasting peace, I usually fight because blowing stuff up is fun.