Pre-RS-MM Promo Footage Available

The Great Gonzo · 3514

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
on: November 25, 2011, 05:48:09 AM
http://www.rockmancorner.com/2011/11/original-mega-man-cartoon-pitch.html

I'm very impressed with this, myself. :) Shame it came after the OVA, because THIS is what that needed to be.

(Note: I DO NOT want to see any RS-MM [or even Captain N] bashing in this thread. Just because the promo looks like the games doesn't automatically make it better; for all we know, the writing and such would've been largely the same)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 06:16:49 AM
... Uhh...

Your obsession with RS kinda scares me a bit, but actually SEEING pre-buff Mega in action is a sight to see, since I used to frequent mmhp myself and I managed to see the screenshots for this. Good show.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 06:25:32 AM
... Uhh...

Your obsession with RS kinda scares me a bit

Just tired of seeing mindless "it's not the games" non-arguments (RS or no) and wanted to try and nip that in the bud. :/ It probably won't work.

If there's ever another MM cartoon, I hope it's like this--since the Archie comic is already going over the mainline games, this hypothetical show would (hopefully) be free to do its own thing.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 06:40:29 AM
Can't be helped, not everyone agrees on everything 'ya know. But yeah, Eddie being green was a minor change, and not a "OMGSONICHASGRNEYELOL!" argument. Not worth it, and the show had it's moments.

But yeah, since it's kinda rare to see footage like that, I'm not suprised that it will add fuel to the fire.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 07:09:31 AM
Mega Man just did a mid air sonic spin before kicking a robot away.
Welp, now ive seen everything.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:59:37 PM
It's probably a robot master weapon. Like Top Spin, but different! :3

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 01:05:05 AM
You know, I take a moment to wonder if the art style influenced their choice in voice actors, and I am very thankful that the show turned out the way it did.  For as awesome as the promo is, some gremlin in the back of my head keeps telling me that a show in that style would have gotten something akin to the MM8 cast...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 02:58:05 AM
You know, I take a moment to wonder if the art style influenced their choice in voice actors, and I am very thankful that the show turned out the way it did.  For as awesome as the promo is, some gremlin in the back of my head keeps telling me that a show in that style would have gotten something akin to the MM8 cast...

Either that would've been hilariously cheesy.. or outright sad since MM8 (I think) was released during that time period. Imagine Dr. Wily's voiceover working wonders.  XD

And I just remembered something.. If the show was an americanization of the blue bomber around that time period, this -may- have an artistic influence, since it's well.. commercial clips from the NES era. (I can recognize bits of it from the JAP Rockman commercials, and some of the parts were used in the opening!)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 12:55:07 AM
I saw a more thorough look at this subject somewhere the name of which eludes me at the moment.  It went into detail about the similarities between this promo episode and the final cartoon; ultimately, the art style was really the only major thing they altered.  The rest of it was largely the same.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 02:41:12 AM
I saw a more thorough look at this subject somewhere the name of which eludes me at the moment.  It went into detail about the similarities between this promo episode and the final cartoon; ultimately, the art style was really the only major thing they altered.  The rest of it was largely the same.

It might be this, but it compares RS-MM with Upon a Star, not the promo.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 03:10:20 AM
I just thought of something..

What if RS just re-imagined the whole artstyle so it fits the american demographic overall theme, and if the artstyle was carried over to Upon-A-Star, another project going on possibly the same time, which thought it'd be more fitting for an edutainment OVA than an action series? I mean, the Lionmen would look out of place in the origional style drawn by Keiji Inafune, and might have to be redrawn.

'Jus saying.