Favorite Anime Composers

Rin · 3393

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
on: August 17, 2011, 11:47:40 PM
So, if such thread already exists then too bad, because I can't be arsed to look for it.
But I don't think it exists.

So, in this here thread, we list our favorite composers from animu (surely you weea- fans have some favorites.)

I don't have a particular order of favorites, but if I were to list some of them:

Yuki Kajiura - I simply enjoy her mix of synth/pop with orchestral sounds. Also the singing, dat fukken singing.

Yasuharu Takanashi - Although I'm only familiar with his work on Heartcatch Precure and Fairy Tail (which I didn't watch), but his style earned a place in my black and evil heart. His guitars are [tornado fang]ing sick. Also, he knows how to make a children's show fuckawesome. (Heartcatch). Check him out on YT. Seriously.

And that's all I can remember right now... cause I'm tired and sleepy. I will list some more at later time, so there.

[spoiler]YOUR TURN![/spoiler]

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:24:28 AM
Yasuharu Takanashi - Naruto Shippuden and the 5 Shippuden movies (Listen to "Crimson Flames" on the 2nd OST for the TV Series)

Shinji Miyazaki - all of the Pokemon movies and tv seasons (Mainly Childhood music memories for me)

Bruce Faulconer - Funimation DBZ dub

Toshiro Masuda - only the Naruto series OSTs ( the movie osts were not good at all)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 01:03:16 AM
Oh man, there's a ton of anime composers i love. I'll name a couple that instantly come to mind.

Tenmon - Really brings out anime like 5 Centimeters per Second to life. You can't help but feel sorrowful, hopeful or (dare i say) tearful when these pieces appear during the movie. Maybe one of the reasons i love his work is because i'm a sucker for classical music. Makoto Shinkai (director of 5 Centi per Sec) really needed Tenmon's talent to draw out the energy and emotion from this movie. Not that the movie wasn't good on it's own.

L'Arc~en~Ciel - My god, i love this group. First heard their music in Fullmetal Alchemist (READY, STEADY, GO!) and it was [tornado fang]ing awesome. Their opening theme for Gundam 00 was phenomenal as well. Something about their fusion of pop and rock just works so well, and is always catchy and exciting. I definitely need to hear more of their music.

Yuki Kajiura - I simply enjoy her mix of synth/pop with orchestral sounds. Also the singing, dat fukken singing.

This. Her composition for the Kara no Kyoukai movies are stunning. Her style is not something you often hear in other anime. Knk is the only anime series i've heard her work from, but i know that she is really talented and creative with her orchestras.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 01:30:53 AM
Yoko Kanno - Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Wolf's Rain, Escaflowne

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 06:58:57 AM
Yoko Kanno
Yuki Kajiura (Kalafina, See-Saw, FictionJunction)
Kow Otani (Gundam Wing, Haibane Renmei, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0)
Hyadain
IOSYS
ClariS

Wait...now I'm just moving onto doujin territory nevermind. I'm kidding you know

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 07:28:41 AM
Kow Otani (Gundam Wing, Haibane Renmei, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0)

Oh yeah, forget Otani as well, who also did Outlaw Star!

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 09:08:42 AM
Oh and Susumu Hirasawa.