RUMOR: If NA DevRoom gets 25k Members, MML3 Production Resumes

Ryo · 8323

Offline Ryo

• I shouldn't be a
  • Robot Master
  • Coming to your local theater
    • View Profile
I typed this post originally for Facebook for the "100,000 Strong! Bring Back Mega Man Legends 3!" page, but I typed the message a WEE bit too big. But I still want to get it out and across any Legends or Mega Man fan in general, so here's what I had to say:

Hey, guys. Apparently there's a rumor going around that if the NA DevRoom gets to around 25k members, production on the game will continue.
Now this is just a rumor, but it couldn't hurt to try this out.
---NOW READ THIS. ALL OF IT---
Anybody know this thought, or something close to around it: "I would go ahead and do this thing... but I don't want to right now, and I'm sure OTHER people will do it, and I'm just one person, so I really don't have to."
If any of you are thinking anything like that, consider this: A LOT of other people must be thinking the same thing. From what I've seen, a vast majority, actually. That type of thinking will get us NOWHERE. So please, even if you're thinking that, do it anyway, as if you're going to be the only person to do it like nobody else cares. It couldn't hurt do get it over with, and even though you're one person, know that it's the individual fans that help shape the community by setting examples and doing whatever they need to help their community, even if they're small actions. But those small actions can carry a long, long ways. So don't think twice; Just do it, get your Servbot/ Kobun Number and get it over with.
Every little bit helps. And we appreciate every last one of those bits.

I'm not too good with words, so if I made a fool out of meself with this, just tell me and I will forever delete this. >~>

Offline PressStart

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Mega Man for Smash Bros
There's a lot of false rumors going around. I'm all for more people joining the DevRoom in hopes Capcom will notice, but people shouldn't make up stuff like this if it is not true. It just gives false hopes.

If this rumor were true though, I'd be happy beyond belief.

Offline Ryo

• I shouldn't be a
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Which is why I pointed out the word "rumor" in the title. For the people who don't like believing in them to stay away from this if they wanted to and to notify the possibility of that crushed hope.
But what's it hurt to try? Really, it only hurts NOT to try, as I THINK I pointed out in my post.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Somene should try and confirm the validity

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Somene should try and confirm the validity

How?

By making 25k people join the room?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Yeah, sure.
And there will be no more Street Fighter rehashes, and RE series will go back to its roots.

Keep on dreaming, people. It''s good to have dreams.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
and RE series will go back to its roots.

IT WILL???

Offline Ryo

• I shouldn't be a
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
I believe that this is where the rumor started:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/izytb/megaman_legends_3_can_still_be_greenlighted/

Not sure how valid reddit can be. Only heard of it a couple of days ago.

EDIT: All the stuff mentioned above.... It's a little early to move onto Paradise yet. :P

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Sounds hard to believe honestly.

And even if it was true I don't have to do squat since I already joined the Devroom. (Never did anything though, for some reason logging into Unity wasn't working because whenever I did that "Go on your email and click the activation link" It didn't work correctly.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I heard a rumor that if someone gives Capcom 500 million dollars, they'll eat their own [parasitic bomb]. Oh wait. That's actually a lie. Just like the other rumors.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/izytb/megaman_legends_3_can_still_be_greenlighted/

If the numbers for the Dev Room last time was less than 4500, how could it possibly reach 25,000? This seems too far-fetched.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
If the numbers for the Dev Room last time was less than 4500, how could it possibly reach 25,000? This seems too far-fetched.
Everyone who joined the facebook page? 100,000 Strong has like 31,000+ by now.
Also Acid, by asking on Unity.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Is there any way to check the number of people who joined the Dev Room thus far? Or is it only Capcom staff who can see that?

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I've been wondering that too. So far I can only make a guess based on people saying how they just joined and got their number.
I think it's somewhere in the 4000s!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
It's 7k+ servbots and 8k+ Devroom members so far.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Ryo

• I shouldn't be a
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
We've practically doubled the amount of members in the DevRoom in about... 2 days, has it been?
Remind me, is this good or bad?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Its good, and shows Capcom how they now only completely forgot words they themselves said, (you can just hang back and watch, you dont NEED to involve yourself) but underestimated how many people WERE "watching", even if they werent participating.

If it really even matters in the long run though, who knows. Capcom derps in mysterious ways.

Offline Ryo

• I shouldn't be a
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
I may or may not have actually found the source of the 25k rumor.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Where's that from though?

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 04:35:23 AM
Bad news, guys:

Capcom spokesman Brian Keltner said the following regarding the status of Mega Man Legends 3:

“We are aware of the fan created Facebook page requesting that we resume development of Mega Man Legends 3. While Capcom has a built a strong relationship with its community and values their feedback, Mega Man Legends 3 development has officially ceased without plans to resume development.”

Source

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 04:45:35 AM
Yeah, sure.
And there will be no more Street Fighter rehashes, and RE series will go back to its roots.

Keep on dreaming, people. It''s good to have dreams.
I don't see what's wrong with making different versions of the same game. Well, I actually know, but people still buy those games, and Capcom tries to make as much money they can get out of a franchise, so if there's someone to blame in that part are the costumers and not the company. I'm sure the ones that claimed they wouldn't buy anymore Capcom games will bumrush to get UMvC3, despite buying an apparently incomplete version of the same game a few months ago.