Capcom Asking For Megaman Fans & Cosplayers to Leave SDCC..?

Jericho · 22411

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 22, 2011, 01:26:19 AM

Jul 21, 2011 -- 2:41PM, Snow wrote:

Hey guys,

I'll clarify the rumors going on.

No,  we are NOT kicking Mega Man fans out of our booth at Comic Con. In  fact, we welcome them here, along with all other fans. Nobody is being  removed or kicked out of our booth.

No, Seth was not punched by a fan. Seth hasn't even been to our booth yet today!

Once again, we're welcoming everyone.

You can ask us questions live and talk to us at Comic Con via our Live Stream.

Snow

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28047461/Comic_Con

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 01:57:05 AM
They mentioned as much too on stream when asked about it. I don't think they're THAT draconian about it since it's overkill. This sounds more like the Internet just trying to come up with B.S. to make Capcom out to be even worse.

Proving once again to not always take everything you read as wholesale.

Offline Ubukung

• Cyberelf
  • RM forever
    • View Profile
    • Ubukung's Channel
Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 09:57:10 PM
Inafune NOW!

Click for My Megaman Gameplay

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 04:09:50 AM
You know, I am disappointed in Seth Killian not punching a fan in the face. Capcom could work off of that angle and make "Seth Killian's Super Punch-Out."

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 10:45:13 AM
You know, I am disappointed in Seth Killian not punching a fan in the face. Capcom could work off of that angle and make "Seth Killian's Super Punch-Out."

The rumor was some fan punching seth in the face, not the other way around.

Though if that happened that would've made the fanbase look completely incompetent.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 05:18:07 PM
At the moment however, im pretty sure tons would have been satisfied about it, with how pissed off everyone was. Its no understatement to say many wanted Capcom's head on a platter.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 07:49:21 PM
This Song has meaning... all the megaman games that Keiji Inafune didn't work on sucked and the ones he did work on were awesome... Keiji's imagination is fascinating but without him CAPCOM and the blue bomber is nothing. And without enough money megaman games will be canceled like Megaman Legends 3 and Megaman Universe.

Holy [parasitic bomb]. It's so bad that comments have somehow reached my stupid Eng. Translation Youtube videos. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 12:04:47 AM
X5+6, Command Mission, Zero series, ZX Series, Battle Network Series... What's that guy talking about?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 12:35:23 AM
I agree; while I appreciate his sentiments, such a naive statement is simply asking for an uppercut...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 01:22:17 AM
Even X7 was "ok" when you overlook it's problems. And Starforce, despite the hate it gets, DID have good gameplay. (and the story picked up at 3)

Uppercut indeed.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #35 on: July 28, 2011, 11:15:35 PM
well... i haven`t played x7, but i`ve heard about their issues...and as games go, i think x8 could have done a better use of the 3d enviroment, is not bad but neither a masterpeice, bck to the theme, maybe the rumor was create by some pissed fan, but i don`t blame him, i  could have done the same, (evil grin)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 28, 2011, 11:32:38 PM
And Starforce, despite the hate it gets, DID have good gameplay. (and the story picked up at 3)

I can't vouch for 2 or 3 as i've never played them, but the first Starforce's gameplay was mediocre. Not only was BN's gameplay (from BN2 and on especially) more polished, but it actually had a GOOD variety of Battle Chips to choose from. The chips were actually fun to use, especially the insanely powerful Zeus' Hammer and unique Program Advance's. In Starforce, the lineup of Battle Cards were lacking and even worse, i hated the the vertical battlefield setup as opposed to BN's horizontal style. It gave you less time to react and IMO, less time to counter certain attacks.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 02:46:56 AM
I liked it. it was like 3D BN. wasnt perfect, but I still found it fun. I DO prefer 1 and 3 though. Something about 2 just bothers me

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #38 on: August 05, 2011, 10:19:26 AM
http://kotaku.com/5827958/capcom-is-charging-for-a-3ds-demo
Oh [parasitic bomb] capcom what are you doing

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 01:21:00 PM
Oh Capcom.

Some of those comments are pretty funny...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #40 on: August 05, 2011, 02:20:52 PM
Oh yea that's right, I did see that demo in the eshop today. ^^;

If only it was Rockman DASH 3 Prologue (Prototype). =w=

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 05, 2011, 07:34:07 PM
So Japan gets a "retail game" demo, but the US doesn't? Lame.

I actually wouldn't mind paying for a demo if it was something worthwhile, like Layton vs. Ace Attorney or Mario Kart 7.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 05, 2011, 08:36:06 PM
I actually wouldn't mind paying for a demo if it was something worthwhile, like Layton vs. Ace Attorney or Mario Kart 7.

Same here.

This, for whatever reason, just feels like "Never give out for free what you can slap a price tag on, no matter how illogically!"

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 05, 2011, 10:18:09 PM
The purpose of a demo is to see if you like the game and want to spend the money for it.

A paid demo is completely ridiculous. The notion is just absurd.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #44 on: August 05, 2011, 10:30:52 PM
If you're getting an early look at a work-in-progress, that's one thing, but if they're just cutting snippits out of the retail release then there's no point.

Think back to that second disc that came with Misadventures.  Imagine if you found it packed separately in some used retailer.  I think most of us here would more likely pay money for DASH2 Episode 1 than do the same for the Legends 2 demo disc.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)