Too $hort

BossPlaya · 1952

Offline BossPlaya

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: June 15, 2011, 08:36:42 PM
I've been in a big hip hop mood the last couple of weeks and have been buying a bunch of hip hop CD's as cheap as I can get them. Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eazy-E and stuff like that are the bomb right now (and I ain't listening to that "new" hip hop eg Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, etc.). One rapper I don't think who's songs I've heard much is Mr. Todd Shaw, better known by his stage name "Too $hort". Make sure you replace the S with a $ everytime you type his name. For whatever reason I've bought a bunch of Too $hort CDs, and while I am familiar with him, I don't recall hearing much of his work. I've recently purchased used copies of Born To Mack, Short Dog's In The House, and Can't Stay Away, and a new copy of his greatest hits CD called "Mack of the Century". If you've ever played GTA Vice City, you've probably heard his song "The Ghetto". He's also an actor having appeared in movies like Menace II Society.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 08:51:02 PM
I'm not big into hip hop and rap at all. THough I heard a few songs in the past that were not bad. Can't remember the names or artists though.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:45:29 AM
So are we supposed to discuss something or is this just an advertisement thread in disguise?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:29:48 PM
So are we supposed to discuss something or is this just an advertisement thread in disguise?
Actually I'm not sure myself.
Though I think he meant to post this on a blog or something. Since his post looks more like a blog material than a forum thread material.

Offline BossPlaya

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 01:51:15 AM

Isn't the Entertainment section for discussing things like musical artists?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 03:27:17 PM
Sure, you just didn't phrase it in a way that promotes discussion.