Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #50 on: June 10, 2011, 03:47:14 AM
Good luck with that one.

Sony already has (lost) my credit card for Complete Works 1-3, so it's a moot point with me.  But I didn't get a PSP until ludicrously late in its life cycle; I just don't get that excited for Sony hardware.  I'm one of those "franchise/nostalgic" gamers (hey, this IS a Mega Man board), so it takes a while for most Playstation systems to build a roster of titles that interest me.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: June 10, 2011, 04:59:31 AM
Vita being region free was confirmed by Kojima days ago. But because he's didn't go to E3 (He was doing swat training)

No one noted it.

Vita faq
http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2254

Q: Can PS Vita users continue using their save data for PSP games that they have also downloaded from PlayStation Store to PS Vita?

A: We are looking into the opportunity to do so.

Q: PS Vita doesn't support UMD but do you have any plan to introduce peripherals like "UMD readers" for PS Vita?

A: We do not have plans to introduce such peripherals at this point in time.

Q: I have UMD games but do I need to buy them again from PlayStation Store to play the same game on PS Vita?

A: We will consider every possibility for support on bought UMD games but we have nothing to comment at this point in time.

Q: Will you bring all UMD games to the new game medium or on the PlayStation Store for PS Vita?

A: SCE with the support of third party developers and publishers have been offering select UMD titles on PlayStation Store and will continue our effort to deliver these content in the form of game medium for PS Vita going forward. However, we will need to clear all copyright / legal related issues and due to this not all software titles will become available on PS Vita. We will announce details for each title when ready.

Q: There are two slots on the PS Vita, what are they for?

A: One is for the new game medium, the other is for storage media to be utilized for personal content and download content.

Also
http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

GameStop revealed the price of PS Vita game titles, all games are listed for $39.99, which is the same price range as 3DS games.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: June 10, 2011, 12:25:11 PM
The Vita sounds interesting, but so did the 3DS. And of course, the 3DS has been overwhelmingly disappointing in the game department for me. Like usual, I'll probably hold out for awhile until it gets a few interesting titles. By that time, I'll probably have to choose between 3DS or Vita.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: June 10, 2011, 01:22:40 PM
Remember when Sony was saying they'd have a way to transfer UMDs over way back before the PSPGo was released? Yeah, at least now they're being more straightforward about it instead of changing their mind later on.

Also, I wouldn't get too excited about the GameStop pricerange, they tend to put in placeholders which don't really mean anything. I'd wait for a more official statement from Sony themselves, safer that way.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: June 10, 2011, 02:16:09 PM
"Q: PS Vita doesn't support UMD but do you have any plan to introduce peripherals like "UMD readers" for PS Vita?
A: We do not have plans to introduce such peripherals at this point in time.

Q: I have UMD games but do I need to buy them again from PlayStation Store to play the same game on PS Vita?
A: We will consider every possibility for support on bought UMD games but we have nothing to comment at this point in time."

In other words:

<Sony> You're pretty much [tornado fang]'d!  Now get back to buying all your PSP games again.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: June 10, 2011, 02:20:20 PM
I wonder, how does the whole transfarring deal work?

Do I need to buy two copies, one for handheld and one for PS3?
Or is it enough to buy one?

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: June 11, 2011, 01:07:25 AM
Only one copy. I assume it'd just copy the data over from the Vita to the PS3 via USB.

HOLY [tornado fang]! Apparently I'm now Japanese!!!

http://kotaku.com/5810253/a-most-beautiful-and-totally-fake-vita/gallery/1

Another fail for shitaku

And if  you notice on the original japanese blog, it's my exact same imageshack link that I used on the last page...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: June 11, 2011, 07:47:45 AM
Hahahaha, nice!

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: June 11, 2011, 09:37:41 AM
Lmao, and now you're an eleven. Yay.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: June 11, 2011, 10:02:38 AM
Soran Ibraham has become a true Gunda--er, Innovato-... I mean, a Setsuna F. Seiei!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #60 on: June 11, 2011, 10:07:22 AM
This victory strengthened the soul of Setsuna.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: June 22, 2011, 05:19:50 PM
I fail to see the problem with the Psp vita not being able to use UMD. If you have a PSP already, use that then. If you do not have a psp but you wish to play UMD games by the time Vita comes out...then...odd time to want a PSP. >_>; Anyways, my point is that  you don't have to trade in your old game hardware whenever you want new game hardware. No one is in a unreasonable position, no one is being forced to do anything they don't want to.

Needless to say.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 07:49:44 PM
It's not just that it doesn't play UMD's. It's that it plays digital UMD dumps, AND that you have to purchase the game AGAIN to have it on there. Either A) have a UMD rebate offer for all UMD games you own to download their digital copy for free, or B) make it play UMD's. Anything short of those two options is just a super dick move.

Or do you expect us to carry a PSP on one pocket, Vita in another, DS in another, and 3DS in another yet?

It only makes sense to be backwards compatible. Consoles you may have a point, but on handhelds it's unacceptable.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: June 25, 2011, 02:21:24 AM
I'd expect people to pace themselves and not -have- to think they'd -need- all of that technology on them at once. If you are outside and you feel you have the absolute need to jump from one game to another, to another, to another it's indecisive and compulsive behavior. And honestly, if you cannot control those urges, that's a personal problem and not one that a company should feel they need to help with. I was able to switch between GBA games and an DSi when I felt that for that day, I felt like playing one or the other. I feel that consoles have less of a point seeing as how a console without backwards compatibility is simply helping to take up space in a personal entertainment center. While handhelds are small.

Really, having not backwards compatibility on a handheld is less of a "This makes no sense" subject and more of a "I want it this way" arguement, as well as a lack of control over their complusive actions of "having" to switch between an old game at that very moment or a newer one.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: June 25, 2011, 02:55:09 AM
Never said I would switch between them like that. Perhaps today I wish to play BlazBlue portable. And tomorrow I'm in the mood to dig up that Maverick Hunter X. It's all about convenience, and precedence. Nintendo and Sega have been doing it since the beginning, and it's still upheld today. Not including it at this point seems rather backwards.

Also, in this day and age where older consoles are software emulatable by their successors AND digital distributions are common place, there really isn't much of a reason not to. See also Virtual Console on the 3DS.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: June 25, 2011, 03:21:39 AM
Or do you expect us to carry a PSP on one pocket, Vita in another [...]

It only makes sense to be backwards compatible. Consoles you may have a point, but on handhelds it's unacceptable.
It's Sony's strategy, plain and simple.
Regardless of arguing about console or handheld, just look at the PS3: Sony don't give a damn about backwards compatibility, or at least only enough to make milk you for more cash through useless trinkets such as the USB adaptor for PS2 peripherals, before gradually removing PS2 capability from their units.

Same is happening to the VITA, where you have the possibility to play PSP titles, but at extra expense. And even then, there will only be a brief amount of third-party titles among the SCE-developed or -produced titles. There are two choices:

1) Sell your PSP and put a dent into buying your VITA and wait until the 'aftermarket' alternative comes about, because it could happen. Or perhaps just wait for the 'rebate' scheme that probably won't happen
2) Keep your PSP for posterity's sake, either because trade value hardly justifies turfing anything in or there's the fact you have a handheld that can play just about anything (do you want to try trusting Sony this time round?)

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: June 25, 2011, 04:03:32 AM
Gah! Sony, why do you do this to me?!

By God if you don't make it region free, I WILL FIND A WAY REGARDLESS.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: June 25, 2011, 05:01:56 PM
As far as that "scheme" goes as you state, I'm willing to comply. Business wise, they need the money and  don't blame them for doing it this way. Namely from how little money the receive to begin with. So the more money the get, the more resources they have to work with in future projects. Works for me. That and I don't exactly like the concept of trading in one system to get a discount on another. Namely since that's what hurts the gaming industry the most. (That and buying used games.)

Although as far as their downloading "scheme" goes. It's a far and understandable one. This way, they get all of the profits. Rather than having to go to the middle man, just to get a -very- small slice of that pie. If I were in their shoes, I'd do no different. And even if you think about it, they tend to release games on the market for download that is cheaper than the original price for a game. So, if you never got an old game and you want it, you can pay about 20 bucks for it and download it. As opposed to...say....having to pay 70-90 dollars for castlevania SOTN.

Never said I would switch between them like that. Perhaps today I wish to play BlazBlue portable. And tomorrow I'm in the mood to dig up that Maverick Hunter X. It's all about convenience, and precedence. Nintendo and Sega have been doing it since the beginning, and it's still upheld today. Not including it at this point seems rather backwards.

Then pick up your vita and use it on Tuesday. And they pick up your PSP and use it on the very next day. I fail to see what the problem is truthfully. Maybe I just don't get it by the way you are wording it, but I'm still seeing sheer laziness to get up, look for either the psp or vita and using one or the other. It doesn't inconvience you at all, unless you live in a pigs sty and can't find a thing in your room without a metal detector and shovel. But once again, this sounds more like personal problems.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 05:30:13 PM
I think the problem here is you must be some neck beard room hermit who never leaves home. It's a portable gaming machine. It can be anywhere. On a trip, on a flight, in the car, at your friends house, on the beach, in the park, etc etc etc. It's meant for a little bit here, a little bit there, and switch to this right now. As exemplified by the pause anywhere features all modern handhelds have had.

Plans change unexpectedly, things happen suddenly. When plans change, and I'm either waiting or bored I might just want to pull out that portable gaming machine. However today I'm in the mood for Megaman X, so I'd like to play that, but it's on a previous system. I'm pretty sure I wont be, or have the time to go, driving back home, exchanging systems, and driving back every time.

If Nintendo can get it right, Sony is surely capable of it too.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #69 on: June 25, 2011, 05:44:19 PM
Pretty clear that Sony's abandoning UMDs on the grounds of battery life, so it's really a question of whether or not they're willing to set up a decent digital conversion, or just have you rebuy whatever is currently on the PSN store.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 06:06:16 PM
I think the problem here is you must be some neck beard room hermit who never leaves home. It's a portable gaming machine. It can be anywhere. On a trip, on a flight, in the car, at your friends house, on the beach, in the park, etc etc etc. It's meant for a little bit here, a little bit there, and switch to this right now. As exemplified by the pause anywhere features all modern handhelds have had.

Edit: You know what? Think what you want. You want to feel as if you won something for the day? Congradulations. I've got better things to do. And I was stupid enough to respond to trolling. Hypershell hit the nail on the head. It's one way or another for a -reason-. Not to anger all fans who wish it their way only. This is a business. Not a "we have to please our fans"-o-thon. Take it as you will or think as you will. I won't stop you.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 05:36:56 AM
Hmm

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: August 19, 2011, 06:17:11 AM
ZOE Collection on this too?

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: August 19, 2011, 06:39:53 AM
ZOE Collection on this too?

yeah! Kojima announced the ZOE HD Collection during E3 this year.

Huh; so considering the aforementioned ZOE Collection, the MGS Collection, and Disgaea 3 returns are on the list, all in which have been announced, this makes the list all the more believable! YES!!!!   

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: August 19, 2011, 06:50:26 AM
Yeah, but I thought it was for the PS3 only.