Site for posting your own ideas for stories/games/comics/whatevah.

Rin · 3013

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Just like in the title. Is there a site like this, where I could just simply dump that crapload of unused ideas from my brain, so that others can see it?
Or should I just make a blog on blogger, or some stuff and post all this [parasitic bomb] there?
Because I've been looking, but my godly google-fu is failing me.

If there isn't, and I'm forced to make a blog, which blogging site is absolute BEST for such a thing?

[or maybe I should make a wiki, considering I have so much crap to "unload"... durr]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Deviantart?

otherwise, dunno.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Blogger would be a good choice, due to it being free.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Flame: Well, DA is more for things that are already made, like drawings and/or stories. So not really. Thanks though...

PB: Welp, I guess I could try blogger again. Thanks PB.

I will leave this thread open just in case someone knows of a magical site where people share their unused ideas.

But for now, TO THE BLOGGERMOBILE!

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
just in case anybody wanted other suggestions

tumblr is good since it's got a really straightforward posting system and it's easy to keep things organized if you remember to tag them. it's free and there are a lot of browser addons for it to improve the site's system. it's my personal choice for things that aren't quite polished enough to go elsewhere. other blogging-type options are xanga, livejournal, blogspot, deadjournal, wordpress, and of course the aforementioned blogger. all of these websites are free to use.

there's also your typical art/photo album sites, like deviantart, sheezy, furaffinity (if you're ok with furries that is), elfwood, flickr, picasaweb and others.

if you want to post webcomics, there are sites for that too. such as comicfury, smackjeeves, webcomichosting, comicgenesis, and comicdish.

i have yet to find anything specifically for hosting literature outside of fanfiction.net and it's adults-only counterpart but i'm pretty sure that's not what you're looking for.

as far as hosting music, there aren't quite as many options for this sort of thing but the best ones are soundcloud and bandcamp if you're looking to sell it.

and if none of this suits you there's always the option of putting everything into dropbox and posting about it here. dropbox is a web hosting resource that operates from your desktop, i swear by it.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
o/ fictionpress.com = original stuffs version of fanfiction.net

I got a tumblr recently and I plan to use it for random stuffs. But being lazy I'm not doing so yet because I'm lazy ='D

I heard livejournal has a terrible community and most of the serious bloggers have moved to dreamwidth.
I like the wordpress blog system the best, but I'd rather use it on a private site. For everything else, there's blogger \o/

Elfwood only limits you to 'fantasy' stuffs. Its community is also pretty specific about the stuffs it likes. dA does have a scraps option for things you haven't finished. Too bad no one looks there. Flickr people always expect high quality works. Haven't used picasaweb >_>a

I like soundcloud \o/

Dropbox is fun but I don't think you can get just anyone running by and seeing it o/

Me? I'd suggest going for a tumblr. The only downside is that lots of people use it for reposting instead of just original content so not everyone will know it's all your work.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Box.net is also good for hosting music, as is tindeck, as you can stream the file from the browser.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Box.net is also good for hosting music, as is tindeck, as you can stream the file from the browser.
doesn't tindeck have a membership fee though?

Me? I'd suggest going for a tumblr. The only downside is that lots of people use it for reposting instead of just original content so not everyone will know it's all your work.
most people will get it if you explicitly state that it's an artblog, and try not to repost anything
in which case it's best to have a seperate blog for reposts and discussion, and you can run multiple blogs from the same login so that's really no problem

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Somewhat. That's why I recommend box.net over tindeck.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything