Liberation Missions: How they be better?

Waifu · 6360

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: May 24, 2011, 06:35:07 PM
While BN5 was one of the more poorly recevied Mega Man games, it did try to be different in some ways. I did enjoy the concept of the liberation mission, going to panels to clear away the viruses while trying to make it to the boss but the execution was sort of poor. I don't like how you need to do things in a certain amount of time to get rare items. I also hate the actual battles are given a time limit and the abilities of the Navis are rather limited. I hadn't played the much strategy games save for Final Fantasy tactics, Eternal Eyes or Fire Emblem but it looks that there many ways the liberation missions could had been better.

- For one thing, they shouldn't utilize a separate screen for virus battles with a three turn time limit. I like my battles to occur on screen.

- They should expanded on the abilities of Mega Man's allies rather than just have them play similar to Mega man except with charge shots and special that can only be used once. I want to be able to customize those Navis as well, not just the blue hero we play for most of the game.

- I like what they did for the DS version, having you play all the navis at once but it makes wish that they did that in the first place. Also, the areas where the navis were placed in didn't make that much sense to me. What is NumberMan eve doing in Endo city? It seems that he only exists to give Mega Man Number Soul.

I applaud that BN5 tried to do something a little different and granted while they were many things wrong in that game, the Liberation missions I felt could had been expanded upon. What did you think?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 07:14:46 PM
Terrains could have more of a role in the missions too, ala Shining Force, and Possibly with the Geo Symbols that Disgaea had going on at the time. Basically, there could have been more units, but the elements, which play a major role in the main game, should have been used in the Liberation Mission maps too.

A cracked panel on the overworld or two would make the player think otherwise with his melee fighters.. but most of them were RANGED. It would've been nice to have Junk Man units or Norm. Navi units as extra help, considering how annoying it was to clear a dark panel in three turns if enemies had the vantage point (more dark panels surrounding you, etc).

Yeah, what's the point if terrains only affected the battle screen and not the main overworld, aside from the "Dark Panels", which could have been perfect "Douche Panels", which harm you and heal your foes on the overworld like a normal poison field would.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Archer

Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 09:07:52 PM
by removing them altogether

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:40:00 PM

This.

They're like the Tournaments in BN4, boring and pointless, They could advance the story in the same way if they just did special maps like they did for the Allies.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 03:10:06 AM

That would be an awesome idea.   8)

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 08:41:08 AM
What is wrong with you people?

They could advance the story in the same way if they just did special maps like they did for the Allies.
Aside from the story-based maps requiring the latest team member.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Archer

Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 08:49:01 AM
What is wrong with you people?

Many things.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 09:05:28 AM
I only liked that you could use all those different navis...othervise the liberation missions were kinda boring...

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 01:33:14 AM
Liberations missions were awesome, so is BN5, such a nice change.

The only thing that sucks about this game is the voice acting, now that's awful.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 03:16:14 AM
I was hoping Hypershell would be here to share his wisdom on this.  :\

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 03:25:37 PM
I for one liked the idea of the liberation missions. It gave a sense of urgency and an incentive to act fast and strike hard with limited turns. Being able to control and utilize many navis at once was also great.

The endless extended boring dungeons and lame puzzles were what kept me from finishing the game though. I think I got to the Gyroman part and that was it.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 08:26:48 PM
I actually really liked the Liberation Missions. I kinda found this game refreshing considering how much I disliked EXE4.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 09:19:07 PM
I liked the music in EXE4...

Also, everything has been said that could be said already. Make it more in-depth instead of a tedious task that must be accomplished. And improve the music... that melody got a bit annoying.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 09:58:23 PM
I liked the music in EXE4...

I liked Duo's theme. Everything else was kinda... meh.

EXE3 had the best soundtrack I think. But I'm pretty biased here. It's the only EXE game I finished.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 09:59:52 PM
I dunno...I liked all Shade Man scenarios

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 04:05:18 AM
The music tracks in EXE4 weren't that bad but they weren't fantastic either. Just wished that Cacpom could make the Liberation missions better.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 04:07:25 AM
I liked Duo's theme. Everything else was kinda... meh.

EXE3 had the best soundtrack I think. But I'm pretty biased here. It's the only EXE game I finished.

For me EXE2 had the overall best soundtrack. But I did love EXE3's Network Is Spreading song for roaming the internet!