OHMYF**ING GOD, NEW RUROUNI KENSHIN ANIME!

Jericho · 4930

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
on: April 18, 2011, 04:41:54 PM
IMFUCKINGDROWNINGINTHEAWESOME:

The June issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine is announcing on Thursday that production on a new Rurouni Kenshin anime project has been green-lit. More information will be provided in future issues of Jump Square.

The magazine also noted that the Blu-ray Disc versions of the two Rurouni Kenshin original video anime (OVA) projects and the Rurouni Kenshin: Ishin Shishi no Chinkonka [Requiem] film will ship between August 24 and October 26. A compilation CD will ship on July 27. Rurouni Kenshin, Meiji Kenkaku Romantan Saisen, a new game for the Sony PSP system, already shipped last month.

Nobuhiro Watsuki's original 1994-1999 samurai manga in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump inspired a television anime series that is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year. Viz Media published the manga in North America, and Media Blasters' AnimeWorks label released the television anime. ADV Films released the two OVA projects and the film under the licenser's prescribed title Samurai X.

Since he ended the Rurouni Kenshin manga, Watsuki drew Gun Blaze West and Buso Renkin. His current title, Embalming - The Another Tale of Frankenstein, has been running in Jump Square since the magazine's inaugural issue in 2007.

Link

The initial series is my favoritest (yes, favoritest) anime ever and one of my top 2 mangas I've ever read. Hearing this is like a childhood dream come true, especially after finding out that the last animated arc was a completely original set of things. Dear God, the 13 year old in me has the stupidest and biggest grin on my face right now. [tornado fang] yeah, 2011. 8)

In short, to summarize every feeling I have currently in graphics:

and

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:40:03 AM
Wonder what it's going to be. Part of me kind of hopes it's a proper telling of the final arc in the manga, but I know that's never going to happen XD

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 03:10:37 AM
Listen man, this is one thing in life where I will get irrational and HYPE with no regard to what can be expected/tempering expectations/etc. This is literally a childhood dream of mine fully realized and there is so much potential to do things proper justice. Jinchuu arc finally animated HAS to happen in my lifetime. Anything else is complete profit.

Archer

Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 03:14:01 AM
mite b cool

Depends which studio is doing it though.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 02:06:13 PM
I never watched Kenshin.

Unless you count Sword of the Stranger.

Might try this.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 03:19:57 PM
I saw this on twitter. Interested, but Kenshin is so far back in my fandoms I'm not passionate about it anymore...

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 03:43:02 PM
I never watched Kenshin.

Unless you count Sword of the Stranger.

Might try this.

You will definitely enjoy this, but I think reading the manga might be a good idea for ya when you get the chance.
I saw this on twitter. Interested, but Kenshin is so far back in my fandoms I'm not passionate about it anymore...

Until animated Kenshin vs. Saitou happens and you get all kinds of hooked on it again. Seriously, that scene in the first run converted/converts folks who didn't care much for anime or animation in general. XD

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 04:02:32 PM
Too lazy to watch \o/

Unless they keep things nice and succinct~ I don't have the time to watch much anime >_>!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 04:08:28 PM
Until animated Kenshin vs. Saitou happens and you get all kinds of hooked on it again. Seriously, that scene in the first run converted/converts folks who didn't care much for anime or animation in general. XD
Mmyeah, that's where [parasitic bomb] got real in the manga and in the show alike. I mean, before that there was some good stuff, but nothing quite like that fight.

I also second that the manga should be read. That Jinchuu Arc is a doozy.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 12:56:36 AM
Well then...I think it's high time I start the manga and anime.

I remember watching bits of it when I was in Chile 8 years ago.  Thankfully the stuff I did watch is what Jelly mention (I caught it around...before the Kenshin vs Saitou fight, and watched bits till....after Kenshin leaves for...this tournament thing to beat that dude w/ all the bandages).

I love the first anime intro~