4kids loses Yu-Gi-Oh. They get sued too.

Solar · 17816

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 04:13:41 AM
To be fair though, he only really ever took out scumbags.

Although sometimes, he really did some [tornado fang]'d up stuff.

I mean, Kaiba might have been beyond [tornado fang]'d up, But Yami DID put him in a vegetative coma until like, halfway into Duelist island. (AKA when the Kaiba imposter shows up in the anime- The oriinal was a puppet master with a creepy Kaiba puppet who he claimed had Kaiba's soul)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 06:47:22 AM
My opinion of 4Kids getting sued: It's about f***ing time!
I mean, seriously, with the stink that fans raised about how horrible they dub anime, I'm surprised it took so long for someone in Japan to investigate them for an excuse to do so.

Also, for the Yu-Gi-Oh manga. If I recall, Pegasus stuffed Yugi's Grandpa's soul into a camcorder instead of absorbing it into his eye. Plus, instead of dumping Bandit Keith into the ocean, I recall he turned Keith's hand into a revolver and made him shoot himself in the head.

Yeah, even the duelist kingdom part was a bit messed up.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 06:50:04 AM
Additionally, it's confirmed Bakura KILLS Pegasus in the manga.
: D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 07:04:23 AM
Does he? I dont recall that. though then again, i didnt see much of the Duelist Kingdom chapters.

I DO recall Bakura impaling his hand on a Tabletop RPG tower set though. That was great.

Also, Mahado Sacrificing himself, and becoming the Dark Magician. By walking into a pendulum saw. Dayum.

though ALOT more people die in the manga and unedited anime. Its 4kids that glances over that [parasitic bomb].

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 07:09:31 AM
Indeed. Though, I didn't know Mahado sacrificed himself. I thought he made a wrong step and got splattered. >3>

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 07:10:31 AM
Poor poor 4kids. Thy shenanigans shalt be missed :D ..lol dark energy discs

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 09:46:35 AM
Did the chapter 0 exist in the anime?

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 10:02:37 AM
Is this song still about YGO?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbZG0v1-RIQ[/youtube]

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 10:06:28 AM
If you mean season zero then yeah, that's usually what people mean by it since AFAIK it and the first 7 volumes of the manga it's based on (before the whole card game thing became the focus) are similar yet still quite different.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 11:38:02 AM
I REALLY gotta read the manga one of these days.

and Pokemon Adventure (that's the one where pokemon also die right?)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 11:42:11 AM
Kinda but yeah, that's the one.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 11:47:50 AM
Alrighty~

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 03:35:43 PM
Relevant?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_eUHs_HXow[/youtube]

Also..looks like Little Kuriboh got banned from Youtube...again

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 04:11:21 PM
Indeed. Though, I didn't know Mahado sacrificed himself. I thought he made a wrong step and got splattered. >3>
Oh no, that was all just as planned. He basically fused his soul with his spirit monster.

Also, lol at Kaiba Sheen.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 01, 2011, 01:05:13 AM
On Wednesday, the North American media distributor 4Kids Entertainment filed a Form 8-K report to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to address TV Tokyo and Nihon Ad Systems' (NAS') recent lawsuit against 4Kids and their letter of termination for 4Kids' Yu-Gi-Oh! ...

...In the report, 4Kids stated that on March 27, it informed the two licensors that their letter of termination "did not comply with the 10 business day notice and cure provision" written in the agreement, and states that it has rejected the termination letter "as wrongful and devoid of any factual and legal basis." 4Kids further reported that the licensors reiterated their intent to terminate on March 30, and that the American company intends to "vigorously oppose" said termination.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-31/4kids-files-shareholders-report-on-yu-gi-oh-lawsuit

Yeah, they KNOW that they will very well die if they lose Yugioh, so they will fight it to the bitter end to keep their grip on it.

Though Japan, with all the [parasitic bomb] it's going through probably isn't going to put up with their [parasitic bomb] and will no doubt hit them hard.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile

Archer

Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 05:59:13 PM
How I imagined Flame's reaction to all this would have been:

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 07:49:50 PM
Lol.

Well it was.

Inside.

I try to not show TOO much contempt.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #43 on: April 19, 2011, 06:58:32 AM
I am amazed I haven't seen this yet.

I really don't have too much to say other than, "4Kids, you made my childhood a happy one. Now go to hell."

That is all.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 02:50:36 PM
And nothing of value was lost.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 20, 2011, 06:45:24 AM
update on the matter

The North American media distributor 4Kids, which is filing for bankruptcy in the Southern District of New York, filed a motion on Friday requesting that the bankruptcy case's judge, Shelley C. Chapman, issue an order to stay (suspend) co-licensor Asatsu DK's (ADK's) attempts to exercise control over the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime franchise in the United States.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-17/4kids-files-to-prevent-yu-gi-oh-zexal-licensing

They really are tenacious, ill give them that.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 10:24:31 PM
Will nothing stop 4Kids from grabbing their hands on Yu-gi-oh? I really would love to see Season 4 or final season of Yu-gi-oh! GX in English as it's the last arc never to air or finish.

But if it doesn't oh well.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 04:30:44 AM
This is slightly old news, but I just found out so its new to me:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-31/4kids-yu-gi-oh-license-is-still-in-force-court-rules

4kids won the court case, they get to keep their contract till it expires. (though after it does, im pretty sure they wont get a new one from Tv Tokyo )

Archer

Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 09:33:33 AM
considering that they're currently dubbing zexal, it should have been obvious

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 28, 2012, 10:23:24 AM
You assume I watch CW 4kids. I have not touched the CW on Saturday mornings since 4kids took over and started porting all their Fox box shows to it.

I also don't have cable, so I don't get Cartoon network, which I think gets Yugioh too doesn't it? So I'm well sheltered from the horrors of 4kids.

I also just simply haven't been watching too much TV at all. Nothing that good on these days.