Krystal's lazy home place

Krystal · 40208

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: April 04, 2011, 02:32:02 AM
I believe we made...potstickers! (Snerk. Who the hell decided to name them potstickers lol. ...I just realised. Potstickers is a literal translation of the Chinese name which is, word for word, 'pot stick'. As in cooking pot, and adhesive stick. Thank god they don't use this kind of naming sense for everything or else wontons would be cloudswallowers.)

But yeah we fried them. When you go for fried dumplings in restaurants, 80% of the time they will be burnt and/or dry in some way which makes them terrible. But I has mastered the art of making delicious crunchy dumplings =B
We made a lot of dumplings in one go so we can't cook them all at once. But the remaining frozen ones are all going to be steamed because frying works best on fresh ones.

Eh...not liking/wanting/learning to cook is bad. I mean, we all have to feed ourselves one day, right? I love cooking, to me it's an art where everyone can enjoy the results. Well, I also love food.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: April 04, 2011, 03:20:00 AM
I agree. I find cooking fun, relaxing, and it feels like pure creativity at times. I love to cook. I need to get a chef hat.  XD

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #102 on: April 04, 2011, 03:26:50 AM
I cook sometimes, and sometimes I let my brother cook. But yeah, have you cooked baked beans before?  >w<

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: April 04, 2011, 04:20:36 AM
Why would you cook /baked/ beans? >__>

I like to think that cooking is something anyone who likes eating needs to learn to do :D

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: April 04, 2011, 11:57:27 AM
Have to agree with Krystal here. Cooking is awesome, it cheaper too. The washing up is [sonic slicer] though. 

and hmmm, gyoza.... *licks tongue*

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: April 13, 2011, 07:40:53 AM
^Just wash after every time you cook/eat. It's only a [sonic slicer] if you save it all up for the end of the day.

Nothing new. But I figured some of you might be interested in a full sized version.

Warning: Staring at image for a prolonged period of time may cause dizziness.

If anyone is curious as to what goes into animating an awesome spinny picture with correct anatomy and perspective, my image build looks a bit like this.

And a rant. Because I like ranting and I don't have a blog to rant into and I like to pretend you guys care what I think.

Okay so even though I like perspective and foreshortening et merda, drawing the same pose in different angles really brought home what perspective meant. I guess artists will choose poses that they can do comfortably, when given the choice. Consciously or not. This meant a lot more guidelines and tweaking on my part, but I think it's for the best.
I had to tweak a lot to get the anatomy on the spinning to be consistent. Lighting was a little less hard though.

But on the other hand, Blues is an amazingly delightful character to animate. Set landmarks at important areas. Simplified anatomy. No (visible) hair. A body that consists of basic shapes. And looks completely retarded in real life. This is make believe, why do you want it to work irl at all? I've always thought the MM character designs were pretty clever, but this just makes me appreciate them more.
I also realised how much I'm missing out on by preferring to work in black and white linework. Colours add a lot to the design. Even when all I had were flats, the elements all stood out and spoke for themselves, simply because of the colour separation. It was so awesome ;A;
Also colours made the effort I put into getting the image right clearer. So yay for extra effort.
That doesn't mean I hate colouring any less though. It just makes me sorta wish that my pictures would colour themselves :>

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: April 13, 2011, 07:51:01 AM
That seems more like a careful explanation than a rant, Krystie!

And yes, I was hoping for the full-size version of Office Fun Blues!

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: April 13, 2011, 09:37:21 AM
Krystie? That's new.

I can't help it, I'm civilised. Half the time. At other times (eg. IM) I swear like a sailor I don't even know why.

Lemme guess. You're gonna save it onto your computer and stare at it until you get dizzy. Because that's what I did.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: April 13, 2011, 09:44:08 AM
I'm known for my fantastic bouts of swearing at times! XD

And yes, that is exactly what I plan to do Krystie!  8)

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: April 13, 2011, 11:18:47 AM
Not bad, not bad at all. It's fluid and looks cool. @_@

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: April 13, 2011, 03:20:48 PM
So how many frames is that exactly? 8?

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: April 14, 2011, 12:09:41 PM
@PB: Oho, and you usually act so civil. You and I may have more in common than we think.

@Blackhook: Oh but of course :> Nah, it's not really that fluid, could have more frames, but this is anime, not Disney.

@Borockman: Ayup. I basically took a circle and divided it into 8 even slices then did a frame for each slice.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: April 14, 2011, 01:23:55 PM
Now I want to see if it only has 4 frames. (like mine) 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: April 14, 2011, 07:42:57 PM
@PB: Oho, and you usually act so civil. You and I may have more in common than we think.

Yes, we may indeed. The Blues love is pretty much accurate though!  8D

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: May 05, 2011, 08:10:38 AM

Re-fuckin'-jected bitches!

Oh well, no big loss. The colouring, specifically the finish, was lazy anyway. Let that be a lesson to the rest of you. Never try to complete a month long competition in the last few days. Or at least I can't do it. I don't colour pictures enough :V

I think I has other stuffs to show but I dun feel like digging.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: May 05, 2011, 08:15:10 AM
 :o

THAT was rejected? Wow.

Next time, more Blues love for the competition!  8D

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: May 05, 2011, 08:54:16 AM
Well, I'm cool w/ the decision as long as they did it on merit. ie. It was at the wrong end of the quality/originality/coolness/skill spectrum. But if they rejected the picture due to the fact that Omega is being depicted as using his sword backhanded or something silly like that, then I'm gonna be pissed.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: May 05, 2011, 09:08:20 AM
That would indeed sucks. But next time, totally send in some Blues! XD

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: May 05, 2011, 11:06:01 AM
That's some humongous Omega O.O I don't see many people pulling off Omega's second form so Kudos to you :D

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: May 05, 2011, 01:18:31 PM
Sucks that you didn't make it, maybe this might be of interest to you then

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: May 06, 2011, 07:29:59 AM
@Blackhook: If you'll let me rant on for a bit, I like to think that the battle against Omega is the most representative of Zero's struggle in the series, and that Omega's 2nd form is the most representative of Omega's nature.
Like how he views himself as a god that towers above everyone else, complete and utter lack of emotion and identity, the corruption of Zero and X, the overwhelmingness of it all, and stuffs. Yes stuffs, my brain isn't working very well today.
That, and I love David vs Goliath battles. Struggling to overcome something so immense that it seems completely impossible, it's a good metaphor for 'being a hero' or 'saving the world', as there is always a part to focus on that'll bring the problems tumbling down :D In stories anyway.
Personally I want to try it again. There's a lot I like and I don't like about that picture, but one of the things that bugs me is how small Omega looks =\

@Rep: If I joined would it make me popular on dA?

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #121 on: May 07, 2011, 05:01:45 AM
I really like the coloring, despite you saying that you rushed it. Omega looks a bit static though, considering that he is swinging a bigass blade. And since the blade has a blur but the arm doesn't, I thought the sword was a translucent cannon :P

But still, pretty impressive, as Blackhook said, there aren't many drawings of Omega in that form, and is the best of the bunch. You made it justice too.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: May 07, 2011, 04:28:01 PM
Well it's not the technical execution of the colouring or the fun shiny colours that are bad (even if my lack of mastery of the SAI brush tool held me back a bit at the start, check out that brush at 50% zoom). Rather, my lack of a finish, and appropriate detailing, was really disappointing. To me, at least.
In several-months-ago-me's defense, I had absolutely no idea what kinda details to do in the first place. Unsurprisingly, since I don't draw giant messiah-bots every day. (See Krystal, this is why you should've just done a normal sexy picture.)

It's also the first time my lighting in an image has been this ridiculously bad. Sure the light is coming from an entire freakin' wall of lava and beam swords but...hm, I really asked for this with my image idea, didn't I? Case in point the lighting in the image could've been better. A lot better.

Oh and don't get me started on compositional flaws. What in the world was I thinking when I decided to put a random floating rock under Omega's sword? Is he meant to be slashing through it? No? Then why is it there breaking up the vertical composition of the picture? Oh right, my stupid impromptu decision. Ahaha...derp.

Also, I apparently had the time to give all of Omega's shiny metally bits a liquid metal shine but forgot to give anything a reflection. Yeah, smart move Krystal, smart move. Oh and I don't know, maybe when you're surrounded by lava, you wouldn't have hard shadows on you. Cell shading is a bad habit, isn't it?
Hey look yellow MSPaint airbrush lava! The artist must've been rushing for the deadline :D Either that or she has no idea what lava looks like. Or both. I'd say both.

I'm also going to say that the technical execution of Omega's right arm sucks. But no one needs to hear me on an anatomy rant.

...Aaaaanyway. (Aren't you glad I don't do this to you?)
When I came up with the idea, the basic idea was to make something from fans, for fans. Something lots of official/forced stuffs can't do. I showed WIPs to my friends along the way and the general reaction was: 'Yes, that's definitely how it felt.'
Since my main goal was 'pulling this off', if the fans/viewers are happy, I'm happy.

Oh and Omega, you and I will meet again in battle, [sonic slicer] =o=

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: May 08, 2011, 07:31:18 AM

Holy mama! that is some awesome Omega. and hasty coloring? you color even better than me.

And since the blade has a blur but the arm doesn't, I thought the sword was a translucent cannon :P

I thought it was a cannon?  :O

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: May 09, 2011, 06:58:55 PM
Okay...could someone please enlighten me as to how in the world that looks like a canon? >_o I just can't see it.