Saber · 26652

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: December 28, 2013, 02:19:15 AM
Heaven's Feel!

Please no. Though there a suggestions that it might actually be all three routes animated one after the other. That would be interesting to see.

I'd really like a Tsukihime anime by Ufotable, but not until they finish the remake.

If that ever happens... though I suspect neither incarnation would have Shiki having a mental breakdown and start raping people like he did in the original.

Archer

Reply #76 on: December 28, 2013, 02:40:03 AM
Please no.

Please go

It's about time best girl got her route animated

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: December 28, 2013, 02:45:40 AM
It's about time best girl got her route animated

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: December 28, 2013, 02:46:01 AM
Please no.

Why not? All routes deserve to be covered. If not all three at once, then Heaven's Feel has priority.

Archer

Reply #79 on: December 28, 2013, 02:47:54 AM
Why does everyone always bully me over my preferred heroine

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: December 28, 2013, 03:04:25 AM
Why does everyone always bully me over my preferred heroine

Senjougahara: In our society, letting others find out your best girl is a very risky move. It's extremely likely someone would take advantage of that fact.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: December 28, 2013, 03:20:13 AM
Senjougahara: In our society, letting others find out your best girl is a very risky move. It's extremely likely someone would take advantage of that fact.

But I'm always open about my personal best girls and nobody ever takes advantage of that fact.

Speaking of which Rin's my favorite FSN. I prefer Sakura to Saber though, but they're all good, I don't hate anybody really.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: December 28, 2013, 08:52:47 PM
Why not? All routes deserve to be covered. If not all three at once, then Heaven's Feel has priority.

It's not that I would begrudge Sakura getting the limelight for once, but I feel that Heaven's Feel as a follow-up to the rather Saber-centric Fate/Zero doesn't quite fit. (read: the Saber fanboy doesn't want his favorite girl to be ignored, corrupted by the Grail and then have a pathetic death at the hands of Shirou, her dreams unfulfilled and her heart not at ease =P)

Well, the line from the trailer was "What has come before and what is yet to come", which is peaking my curiosity. It would be interesting if they turned this into something like Amagami SS where the series gets reset every time a route is cleared, thus turning this incarnation of Fate/stay night into a 50+ episode opus of all three routes getting animated one after the other. I would at least hope so, given the clusterfuck that was Studio DEEN's attempt to somewhat combine the three routes into one story.

Archer

Reply #83 on: December 28, 2013, 09:00:57 PM
Heavens Feel is the route where Shirou finds out the truth about Kiritsugu, covers the most about Kotomine and Illya, deals with Sakura and Rin's relationship, is the only route where Zouken actually does anything and ends with Shirou not making the same mistake as his father.

If you think of the new anime as a sequel to Fate/Zero rather than just an adaptation of the VN, HF is the route that fits best.

thus turning this incarnation of Fate/stay night into a 50+ episode opus of all three routes getting animated one after the other. I would at least hope so

Hahaha as if. That's not happening.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: December 28, 2013, 09:04:41 PM
Hahaha as if. That's not happening.

Well, if one thing is for certain, it's that Fate is a money-making machine. That franchise is still going strong after it first debuted 10 years ago (info regarding the new Fate anime is going to be revealed on the 10th anniversary of Fate, which is January 30th). I would think that there are people who would consider this.

Then again, I could totally do without a remake of the Fate route if I could get an TV series or movie / OVA for Fate/Prototype instead :P

Archer

Reply #85 on: December 28, 2013, 09:07:36 PM
Then again, I could totally do without a remake of the Fate route if I could get an TV series or movie / OVA for Fate/Prototype instead :P

That won't happen because there's no female Saber look-a-like to market. Look forward to your Fate/Extra or Fate/Apocrypha anime.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: December 28, 2013, 09:11:17 PM
>That won't happen because there's no female Saber look-a-like to market. Look forward to your Fate/Extra or Fate/Apocrypha anime.
>Look forward to your Fate/Extra or Fate/Apocrypha anime
>your Fate/Extra
>Fate/Extra

NO. [tornado fang]ing. WAY.

Archer

Reply #87 on: December 28, 2013, 09:13:27 PM
If trash like Prisma Illya can get animated I don't see why not.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: December 28, 2013, 09:15:35 PM
If trash like Prisma Illya can get animated I don't see why not.

Nero's two appearances on Carnival Phantasm were funny, yes, but I don't want that $%#ß to get her own anime. Every time I see her, I wanna punch her in the face.

Archer

Reply #89 on: December 28, 2013, 09:18:03 PM
So you dislike Extra's Red Saber but how do you feel about Apocrypha's Saber of Red?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: December 28, 2013, 09:20:46 PM
So you dislike Extra's Red Saber but how do you feel about Apocrypha's Saber of Red?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

If there is any clone of Saber out there, it is quite literally Saber of Red. The thing that I find the most confusing about her is that wierd Japanese attitude of "I'm wearing a tube top and short shorts, but don't you dare call me a woman or comment on my feminine features!" that she uses. It just doesn't make any sense. I can't really comment on her however, considering I'm very well informed on what's really going on in Fate/Apocrypha. I will say though that she looks very badass in her armor.

Archer

Reply #91 on: December 28, 2013, 09:24:05 PM
The thing that I find the most confusing about her is that wierd Japanese attitude of "I'm wearing a tube top and short shorts, but don't you dare call me a woman or comment on my feminine features!" that she uses. It just doesn't make any sense.

Her Master makes her wear that outfit IIRC

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: December 29, 2013, 12:30:11 AM
Nero's two appearances on Carnival Phantasm were funny, yes, but I don't want that $%#ß to get her own anime. Every time I see her, I wanna punch her in the face.
Screw you! EXTRA Saber. BEST SABER.

Others need not apply.

Shame she's stuck in just a shitty game(s).

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: December 29, 2013, 04:02:27 AM
If there is any clone of Saber out there, it is quite literally Saber of Red. The thing that I find the most confusing about her is that wierd Japanese attitude of "I'm wearing a tube top and short shorts, but don't you dare call me a woman or comment on my feminine features!" that she uses. It just doesn't make any sense. I can't really comment on her however, considering I'm very well informed on what's really going on in Fate/Apocrypha. I will say though that she looks very badass in her armor.
Nothing to do with the Tsundere Japanese have the need to strap on almost every character? While Saber of Red is great, I wish to see Saber of Black or Assassin of Black. Maybe I am a sucker for historical (In the Fateverse, yea I know they aren't historically accurate.) tragedy stories of Servants.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Archer

Reply #94 on: December 29, 2013, 04:19:41 AM
But Takashi Takeuchi calls Saber of Red the crowning achievement of the culture created by TYPE-MOON.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: December 29, 2013, 04:39:43 AM
I've never understood why they felt the need to genderbend Emperor Nero into a clone of Arturia. If anything, Extra Saber should have been Mordred to begin with.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: December 29, 2013, 04:47:12 AM
But Takashi Takeuchi calls Saber of Red the crowning achievement of the culture created by TYPE-MOON.
Ugh, it makes it hard to argue with the main artist of the franchise. However, that should go to the original Saber since she is almost literally the "poster boy" for Type-Moon, maybe competing with Arcrueid.

Archer

Reply #97 on: December 29, 2013, 04:57:58 AM
maybe competing with Arcrueid.

Who? You actually think anyone cares about Tsukihime these days?

Saber herself isn't the poster for TM anyway, just her design and they'll reuse as many times as they need. Her design as the title of 'Saber' literally sells, if I remember correctly a lot of people weren't interested in Apocrypha until SoR was revealed.

If anything, Extra Saber should have been Mordred to begin with.

I feel the same myself but it can't be helped.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: December 29, 2013, 05:03:27 AM
Saber herself isn't the poster for TM anyway, just her design and they'll reuse as many times as they need. Her design as the title of 'Saber' literally sells, if I remember correctly a lot of people weren't interested in Apocrypha until SoR was revealed.
Really? That is all what people put their stake in? Makes me feel ansty that the series that got me into the whole Japanese culture of anime is reduced to an easy sale just 'cause a single character looks like Saber.