Why wasn't the Forbidden Ark launched into the sun?

Align · 7222

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
on: November 29, 2010, 12:01:57 PM
Did they want to keep the original body just in case? Or was it because Weil tampered with it? He does seem to call it down in the Z2 ending...

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:16:57 PM
Are weapons in Zero era still solar powered? If so, putting a big bad robot directly in it's energy source isn't a really bright idea. (sun - bright, see?)

.. hey, it's better than no answer at all.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:17:58 PM
And here was I thinking this was a thread about Indiana Jones 1. Haha wow.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:18:14 PM
Are weapons in Zero era still solar powered? If so, putting a big bad robot directly in it's energy source isn't a really bright idea. (sun - bright, see?)

.. hey, it's better than no answer at all.
Because even a Solar powered robot can totally withstand the heat of the sun.

It was because I dont know, I guess X must have had something to do with it. Omega was tried legally, and yet, never retired, just exiled into space. Im guessing to avoid "more bloodshed". I mean, Even Weil lived. In his case, a punishment worse than death. Eternal life in the wastelands caused by his war.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:55:12 PM
Because even a Solar powered robot can totally withstand the heat of the sun.
This is Omega we're talking about.  Are we so certain that the sun would actually have destroyed him before making escape from the ark possible?  He did fight Leviathan and Fefnir without taking a scratch.  The guy road a missile (I can't remember if it was nuclear) to ground zero and floated away completely unharmed.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 12:36:24 AM
If he could have broken free enough to save himself before the rocket plunged into the sun, surely he would have broken himself free regardless of where the rocket was heading? And well, surviving the occasional shot or explosion is a lot different from being submerged in plasma.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 01:17:17 AM
Keep in mind he is INSIDE the rocket. Not soaking in the sunlight. And even then, he would be stuck in space. And if he could somehow propel himself towards earth, theres still descention to deal with. falling through the atmosphere, burning up, and then crash landing. Im sure even Omega Can't survive that. Weil himself only barely survived it due to his regenerative properties, and his fusion with Ragnarok. (end even then, his consciousness survived in questionable fashion)

But Omega, who is merely an overpowered super robot inside a protective and empowering armor, isn't THAT lucky.

I mean, hey, it took Weil to redirect his rocket for a reason.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 01:48:33 AM
And here was I thinking this was a thread about Indiana Jones 1. Haha wow.

Haha, so was I.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 02:06:02 AM
It was X and Zero's decision (or just X's?) to show compassion instead of out right blowing the enemy apart. Omega and Weil were spared death, and instead imprisoned Omega and exiled Weil.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 02:11:32 AM
Well, Omega maybe, but the Humans of the time were the ones who took Weil's justice in their own hands. His cyberization and exile were both illegal. Or as Copy X Mk ll put it, they did not follow official channels. (which would account or the extreme punishment he received.  X would never allow such a punishment. Exile maybe, but not what was done to his body.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 06:38:57 PM
Omega, for all intents and purposes, was but a bi-product of the philosophy of complete control X opposed, and but a person made solely to be a weapon in a madman's scheme. Remember, Vile was the true mastermind, Omega simply followed orders. Omega cannot be blamed for the tragedy of Elf Wars as much as Vile can. Promoting Neo Arcadia's ideals Omega would be given a fair trial and under the rule of the kind Master X, retirement for crimes not wholly his own should not be an option.

Furthermore, Omega was originally intended as a weapon to end the irregular war. Without Dr. Vile to guide him, he is a valuable asset for humanity in the fight against irregulars; the ultimate Repliroid, created to be immune to the Sigma Virus, capable of harnessing Dark Elf to its full potential. Omega despite his crimes, is still Neo Arcadian.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 07:49:59 PM
Haha, so was I.

Seconded, er, Thirdeded. I think.

On a side note, having played through all of the ZERO series, I don't remember anything about a "Forbidden Ark".

Furthermore, Omega was originally intended as a weapon to end the irregular war. Without Dr. Vile to guide him, he is a valuable asset for humanity in the fight against irregulars; the ultimate Repliroid, created to be immune to the Sigma Virus, capable of harnessing Dark Elf to its full potential. Omega despite his crimes, is still Neo Arcadian.

I did not know that. So did Weil put in that destructive programming during his creation or what?

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 08:02:37 PM
On a side note, having played through all of the ZERO series, I don't remember anything about a "Forbidden Ark".

Taken from the track name, it is the space vessel shaped like a sword which held Omega trapped in orbit around the Earth.

I did not know that. So did Weil put in that destructive programming during his creation or what?

Near the end of the Irregular Wars, Vile proposed Project Elpis; the operation to create a Repliroid capable of controlling all others using Dark Elf's ability. The humans supported it, but Dr. Vile betrayed the humans and instead used Omega to establish his new world order. It was Vile that created and programmed Omega, possibly using aspects of the original personality Wily created for Zero.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 08:04:55 PM
I see. Thanks for the intel Zan.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.