Take-Moon getting an Anime adaption! Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime jokes abound~

GuardianHX · 23707

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
It is a goddamn war!

It's a secret war, hidden from the public's eye.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Soundtrack is available finally...
[spoiler]use the power of rPM if you want it[/spoiler]

Archer

EX Season is finally subbed.

Yay Aoko. Yay Roa. Yay Ko-Gil.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 07:53:11 PM
In the third volume of Carnival Phantasm, a 12 min long anime "Fate/ Prototype", a prototype of Fate/stay night, was released as an extra. Fate/ Prototype was written by Nasu Kinoko when he was a high school student.

Screenshots of Fate/Prototype (via a private blog)

Cast
Saber: Sakurai Takahiro
Saber's master, Sajyo Ayaka: Hanazawa Kana
Archer: Nakamura Yuichi
Lancer's master, Reirokan Misaya: Saito Chiwa

In the prototype, Saber is male and his master is a girl.

SEIBA

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Aha! I knew there was a prototype somewhere. They screened this first probably before releasing the main anime with changes (such as female saber.. but with Blue, Red, Dark, and now Guy, that makes four Sabers).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Aha! I knew there was a prototype somewhere. They screened this first probably before releasing the main anime with changes (such as female saber.. but with Blue, Red, Dark, and now Guy, that makes four Sabers).
What are you babbling about, Gaia?
FSN is ORIGINALLY a visual novel. Anime has nothing to do with this... this is a prototype which was written before main FSN Visual novel (from what I understand). And it got animated now, apparently.

Or maybe you are saying something completely different and I just have trouble following you?

Archer

i was never, ever interested in Ayaka til now.

Voiced by HanaKana? I'm in.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

Fate/ Prototype was written by Nasu Kinoko when he was a high school student.
Nasu Kinoko when he was a high school student.
high school student.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
What are you babbling about, Gaia?
FSN is ORIGINALLY a visual novel. Anime has nothing to do with this... this is a prototype which was written before main FSN Visual novel (from what I understand). And it got animated now, apparently.

Or maybe you are saying something completely different and I just have trouble following you?

Though, it's just me tryin' to grasp that idea it would've been animated before it was decided it would be a VN? I'm lost on this one.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Though, it's just me tryin' to grasp that idea it would've been animated before it was decided it would be a VN? I'm lost on this one.

For some reason I doubt FSN would've ever been adapted into an anime if the VN wasn't made.

Anywho, anybody know why Saber was changed into a female?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
For some reason I doubt FSN would've ever been adapted into an anime if the VN wasn't made.

Anywho, anybody know why Saber was changed into a female?

FSN would probably even be ignored if it went straight to the anime route. We all have to start somewhere.

... For Seiba's gender, I guess the creator wanted to switch the gender between master and servant around? Fanservice? There are many an idea as that decision was made.

Archer

They decided during the development of the visual novel that Ayaka was not an ideal protagonist for the target audience, so Saber was redesigned and had his gender swapped and Ayaka was dumped altogether in favor of Shirou to make it more appealing.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
They decided during the development of the visual novel that Ayaka was not an ideal protagonist for the target audience, so Saber was redesigned and had his gender swapped and Ayaka was dumped altogether in favor of Shirou to make it more appealing.

Shirou is appealing? To Who?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page

Apparently to the market. They'll love it when an ally outdoes their dance partner (ITT: Anything that happens to be red, named ZERO, emo, or have-at-you). I'd love to see Ayaka myself.

Archer

You best not be hatin' on mah bro Shirou, I will slap your [parasitic bomb] [sonic slicer].

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile

Actually, what I keep hearing is that Takeuchi desperately wanted to draw a female in a suit of armor and that then triggered the whole slew of changes.

Then again, when you look at the outline of this prototype with all the Servants being male and all the Servants female, this probably would have gone down the Shoujo route and wouldn't have been as successful I think. Nonetheless, I'm thrilled to see this actually happen. Archetype Saber animated, [tornado fang]ing awesome. I want more of this.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
You best not be hatin' on mah bro Shirou, I will slap your [parasitic bomb] [sonic slicer].

He comes across as a [tornado fang]ing clod right now, maybe this changes as the VN goes on.

Enough with that however, what I really want to know is why everybody hates Sakura so much. She hasn't really done anything irritating, though her voice gets rather grating.

Archer

'Cause she's a worm [classy lady]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Oh, alright. I don't really understand at the moment but I will when I get to that point in the VN.

Speaking of which I'm pretty much done with the Fate route now. Shirou isn't such a whiny [Top Spin] anymore.

Archer

OMG YOU SAID THE F WORD HOW DARE YOU

seriously how come people only complained when i did it

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
What, you mean the word [Top Spin]? I'm not sure saying [Top Spin] is widely offensive, even is something is faggoty. It's just used to show you think someone is behaving like a [Top Spin] or behaviorally questionable. Better to be safe than sorry though.

Wait a sec... did I just say it?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
OMG YOU SAID THE F WORD HOW DARE YOU

seriously how come people only complained when i did it

I was the only one who complained.
I got over it.

But that isn't important anymore.

Fate Route over, I'll do UBW when I feel like trudging through mostly similar scenes for a while.

Archer

I was the only one who complained.

No you weren't.

But as you say, it's not important - I don't even care, I'm just kidding around.

The scenes aren't all that similar for too long anyway. Fate is generally agreed to be the worst route so hopefully you should enjoy UBW far more. If not there's always HF.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
UBW is definitely enjoyable.
Though I stopped reading for a long time when I got my first and only sex scene... GOOD GOD THAT WAS TERRIBLE!

Also, a bit offtopic but...
wat
Am I hallucinating, Archer, or do you [tornado fang]ing have Judai from YGO GX in your goddamn avatar?
Or is it simply someone who looks like him?
AM I GOING INSANE?!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
UBW is definitely enjoyable.
Though I stopped reading for a long time when I got my first and only sex scene... GOOD GOD THAT WAS TERRIBLE!

The Sex Scenes are pretty bad, gotta love horrible writing.

The scenes aren't all that similar for too long anyway. Fate is generally agreed to be the worst route so hopefully you should enjoy UBW far more. If not there's always HF.

Well thats good to hear. I thought Fate was alright so I guess I'm in for a treat with UBW. I heard Heaven's Feel was pretty good as well, though that remains to be seen.

Still have plenty of bad ends to go through, so it might be a bit of time before I finish the game.