Take-Moon getting an Anime adaption! Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime jokes abound~

GuardianHX · 23706

Offline GuardianHX

• "Walker of Bee's Knees."
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-11-24/eri-takenashi-take-moon-type-moon-anthologies-get-anime
Well, I thought I'd post this here as I didn't see anything after a search.

Who's up for Fumoffu? styled episodes featuring the characters from Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Finished reading the latest chapter a few weeks ago. It's ok, nothing great.

Guess i'll watch this.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Cool. We'll finally have a Tsukihime anime.
Always thought that would be cool.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Archer

This thing is called Carnival Phantasm, by the way.

Posted on: April 20, 2011, 06:23:24 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVZz1NnqOh8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRMcQQVK1SY[/youtube]

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Hmm....

Looks ok.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I hate to say it, but that song is really growing on me...

Doesn't look to bad actually, although i'm obviously looking most forward to Fate/zero.

Archer

Well, the first volume comes out soon and the second and third volumes have already been announced (coming out on October 28th and sometime later Demcember respectively) with the third one being the last, which will include the PC game Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code ver.1.07.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
^Sounds awesome, can't wait.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Archer

Oh hey subs for the first episode are finally out.

...it took them a week to sub 15 minutes with the last three episodes pending release sometime in the near future. I'm disappointed in you, UTW.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Saw both the first and second episodes. Didn't expect to laugh as hard as i did. I felt that the manga was only alright, but this is absolute genius. I [tornado fang]ing love the use of the "Magic Circuit" meter when Ciel was trying to save the ball. There hasn't been that big of a flood of great anime this season, but this might be the best.

Only disappointment: No Ryougi

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I hope that aint her only appearance in this...

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I'd seriously consider deducting off points from this anime if she doesn't make it in. I mean, they put her in a Melty Blood game to boot, so she fits right in.

Archer

So according to this the re-release of the Take-Moon manga will come with a bonus DVD special of Carnival Phantasm.

I'd seriously consider deducting off points from this anime if she doesn't make it in.

That's silly.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
So by the news of the appearance of Red Saber in the latest installment of this animu, I decided to watch the whole series with my friend.
Even though he had not that much exposure to the world of type-moon (I can't say I had all that much myself) he enjoyed this immensely... and so did I.
Really, I did not expect this to be as good as it was.
Also, constant deaths of Lancer.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Times Killed: 25. You got a long way to go before you can reach Krillin's total death count, Lancer.  XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
So by the news of the appearance of Red Saber in the latest installment of this animu, I decided to watch the whole series with my friend.
Even though he had not that much exposure to the world of type-moon (I can't say I had all that much myself) he enjoyed this immensely... and so did I.
Really, I did not expect this to be as good as it was.
Also, constant deaths of Lancer.

Yeah, it's great. I didn't laugh much at the Sakura centric episode though.

Also, shout out to Saber Alter. <3

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's great. I didn't laugh much at the Sakura centric episode though.
Neither did I.
Because I just don't like Sakura.

Archer

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Maybe japan does, but bah. Then again, I never watched anything Type-Moon. Might as well start here. Where can I find a good place to watch it, I have no idea.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Maybe japan does, but bah. Then again, I never watched anything Type-Moon. Might as well start here. Where can I find a good place to watch it, I have no idea.

I'll just start off by saying It would be a very bad idea to start here. References to the VN's everywhere you look, and will go past an average viewer.

Where the TM craze originated from:

If you want a good taste of TM, start with the Fate/Stay Night VN (Visual Novel). Lots of variety there thanks to the different routes and endings.

For Tsukihime, again, go with the VN. Another option would be to read the manga, which is a very faithful and excellent adaption to the VN; closely follows Arcueid's route. But be warned, avoid the anime adaption like a plague.

Or if you wanna watch anime:

- The Fate/zero anime seems to be shaping up quite well, so that would also be a good place to start. Introduces the previous Holy Grail War.

- Studio DEEN's Fate/Stay Night anime adaption. Takes place after the events of Fate/zero's Holy Grail War. It holds up pretty well, despite the later quality drops and boring pacing from time to time. You'll no doubt feel satisfied by the ending of it.

Lastly, there's the Kara no Kyoukai movies, which will confuse the [parasitic bomb] out of you if you're unfamiliar in the Tsukihime-verse. Overall the movies are top-notch, action oriented, quality thrillers that only ufotable can deliver.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
I'll start with Fate/zero then. The VN would masterfully shoot my computer down, due to it's gigabyte payload. Dammit guys, where's the Fate/Mini mini-VN?

Studio DEEN's version would be a good choice to start, then.. now to FIND it.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Don't expect non-stop action in every episode though. Or you'll be disappointed, especially for Fate/zero.

It's more of a patience type of plot, slow moving and very strategic. But when the action does pick up, it's beautiful.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
It is a goddamn war!

Uh, ok...?

I know that obviously, I'm just letting Gaia know. He's new to the entire thing. Do you seriously think "war" is completely literal in all anime. There's tons of "war" anime with constant fighting and almost non-existent strategies.