Author Topic: The story of Rockman Online  (Read 27142 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

  • Neo Arcadian
  • *
  • Posts: 1847
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »
*tosses RMO's dead carcase into the pile with Universe and Legends 3*

Mother [tornado fang]er. I didn't wholly expect to be able to play it, given the region issue, but mother [tornado fang]er.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline The Great Gonzo

  • Master's Unit
  • *
  • Posts: 3427
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »
It's not dead yet, but I dunno if Capcom lets third-party projects get transferred over...

Offline Flame

  • The obsessive
  • Legendary Hero
  • *
  • Posts: 15982
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2012, 12:04:50 AM »
It's not dead yet, but it might as well be. We all know the most likely scenario that will unfold here.

Theres like, a 90 percent chance that Capcom will just can it, and only about 10 percent, possibly less, chance- that it will get transferred over to that affiliate.
...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

  • needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • *
  • Posts: 5255
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2012, 12:53:58 AM »
*tosses RMO's dead carcase into the pile with Universe and Legends 3*

Mother [tornado fang]er. I didn't wholly expect to be able to play it, given the region issue, but mother [tornado fang]er.
My thoughts exactly.

Capcom will, perhaps justifiably so, play the "we weren't developing this one so it's not our fault and we will do nothing about it" card.  Same thing they're doing with the whole "will or will not Project X Zone be localized" issue.  But that doesn't make it suck any less.

Hypershell #5897 on Discord

Offline West

  • Cyberelf
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »
I'm disappointed in this turn of events >_<

Offline Acid

  • RPM Knight
  • ****
  • Posts: 8358
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »
I'm disappointed in this turn of events >_<

You see what you did Capcom?
The west is disappointed in you! The entire west!

Offline Blackhook

  • Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
  • *
  • Posts: 7587
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2012, 12:15:02 AM »
Especially Adam West

Offline The Great Gonzo

  • Master's Unit
  • *
  • Posts: 3427
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2012, 02:18:41 PM »
Guess what, everyone? Rockman Online is most likely cancelled!

*thunk*

Three games in a row. Goddamn.

Offline Flame

  • The obsessive
  • Legendary Hero
  • *
  • Posts: 15982
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »
Bit late there Gonz. Check the news board.-
...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

  • Master's Unit
  • *
  • Posts: 3427
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »
Bit late there Gonz. Check the news board.-

...well, I HAD only been awake for an hour or so.

hurr duurrr.

Offline Hiryu

  • Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
  • *
  • Posts: 479
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »
You'd think they might've tried to keep Online alive since the mostly negative reactions to Xover, but I guess it couldn't be helped, and this is probably the reason Xover was created.

Offline Joseph Collins

  • Neo Arcadian
  • *
  • Posts: 1128
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2012, 06:30:06 PM »
Welp, I can't say as I'm surprised by this turn of events.  Work pretty much came to a halt when the company was in the middle of changing hands.  This just kind of makes things more official.

Offline Treleus

  • B-Class Hunter
  • *
  • Posts: 420
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2012, 10:32:12 PM »
It's not a total loss.

At least the trailers were the best I've seen for a Mega Man game since forever.

But yeah, it stings.

Offline Protoman Blues

  • Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • ****
  • Posts: 31334
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2012, 01:21:16 AM »
Good. Now they can make my totally PC Mega Man Battle Network online environment that they SHOULD'VE DONE YEARS AGO. I want my goddamn customizable PB.EXE Navi already! I wanna go a virus bustin' with other RPMers. 

[tornado fang]!

Offline Treleus

  • B-Class Hunter
  • *
  • Posts: 420
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2012, 01:32:03 AM »
I'd actually love to play an online Rockman game, but I don't think Rockman Online was the one. It looked too ... slow. I think, if they wanted to make an MMO about Mega Man, they should go a little more lo-fi and spend their money on a serviceable global network and grewd game design. And it should be all about either co-op jumpin-n-shootan' or race/competitive jumpin-n-shootan'.

[tornado fang] SABERS. I HATE EM. GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP.

Offline Flame

  • The obsessive
  • Legendary Hero
  • *
  • Posts: 15982
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2012, 01:36:41 AM »
Online IMO seemed pretty much just co-op Mega Man. Stages didnt seem too differently designed than other 2D franchise games.

Though yeah, a BN MMO is something that im surprised was never done.
...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Treleus

  • B-Class Hunter
  • *
  • Posts: 420
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2012, 03:05:55 AM »
I'm betting I'm the only one irked by how much of a pussy X looked like in the second trailer compared with [tornado fang]ing everybody else.

Well, it's a mixture of irk and mirth laced with cynical sarcasm.

Offline Flame

  • The obsessive
  • Legendary Hero
  • *
  • Posts: 15982
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2012, 07:21:20 AM »
I thought it was more hillarious he couldn't beat Airman.

Must run in the family.
...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

  • Master's Unit
  • *
  • Posts: 3427
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
Re: The story of Rockman Online
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2012, 04:40:26 AM »
RMO vanishes from NeoWiz's front page.

I doubt the project got transferred to another company, so better head to that development blog and start saving everything you can.