Author Topic: Keiji Inafune leaves Capcom (UPDATE)  (Read 40348 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Waifu

  • Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • *
  • Posts: 2690
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Keiji Inafune leaves Capcom (UPDATE)
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2011, 08:18:03 PM »
And a lot of other things as well.

Quote
Before the development of Lost Planet and Dead Rising, Capcom's management, concerned with risks, had a rule in place where making anything but sequels was forbidden. The actual rule required 70 to 80% sequels with the remaining 20% being new titles, but in practice any suggestion for a new title would not receive approval.

Quote
At Capcom, the various areas of game development have their own budgets. This includes a budget for making prototypes. Explained Inafune, you continue making a prototype even if management rejects the idea, you'll end up going over that budget.


Offline Flame

  • The obsessive
  • Legendary Hero
  • *
  • Posts: 15964
  • Country: us
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: Keiji Inafune leaves Capcom (UPDATE)
« Reply #226 on: May 12, 2011, 02:33:05 AM »
And so many Capcom sequels in general.
...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

  • Neo Arcadian
  • *
  • Posts: 1841
  • Country: 00
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: Keiji Inafune leaves Capcom (UPDATE)
« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2011, 06:58:04 PM »
Huh. That's quite an interesting article. That does indeed explain a fair amount.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Ramzal

  • B-Class Hunter
  • *
  • Posts: 296
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Re: Keiji Inafune leaves Capcom (UPDATE)
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2011, 06:02:24 PM »
Annnd I still feel not sympathy for the man. That's how a business keeps it's head above water in a safe area rather than taking risks and bankurpting an entire business on the concept of "I'm not sure if people will like this, so lets give it a whirl." On the level of pretty much listening to higher authority figures, he failed and did not set a very good example by his actions. In fact, if I were his boss, I would have fired him for what he pulled. You don't work at a--say, McDonalds and then put a chicken patty in the middle of Big Macs and say "Lets see if people love this! :D" when said recipe says for you to do it the way it normally is, and then continue to do it that way after your supervisors, managers, and store owner tells you to knock it off. He basically went off, spent money that wasn't his, to release a project or two that may or may not have worked.

And yet if those games sucked, people would be after him with pitchforks and torches after he left Capcom. The more and more I read about him leaving, the more and more does he seem like an overprivalage twit that ultimately had felt no reprocussions for his actions--whether they ended up for better or for worse. And then have the nerve to point a finger at Capcom and say "The treated me like crap!" when in reality he showed his superiors no respect or loyalty to begin. And finally, riding off into the sunset in his Megaman Logo'd motorcycle saying "[tornado fang] the world, I'll do it my way!" I mean, really how it this supposed to educate anyone in how the gaming industry works negativly when the workers (This bat-munged nutbugger Inafune) seems to have done nothing to try and improve it short of using resources that are not his.