Will DASH 3 have a theme like Another Sun in the first?

PSI Ground · 11485

Offline PSI Ground

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
I'm wondering if Capcom'd spring for it. The last game they got a theme for was ZX (Asayake), while X4-8 (plus Maverick Hunter) and Zero 4 (Freesia) had them too. But ZXA didn't to my knowledge, so...

Just curious if anyone thinks it'd be possible.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 04:22:18 AM
Possible? Sure.

But at this point we can't really predict anything.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 04:53:40 AM
I'm wondering if Capcom'd spring for it. The last game they got a theme for was ZX (Asayake), while X4-8 (plus Maverick Hunter) and Zero 4 (Freesia) had them too. But ZXA didn't to my knowledge, so...

Just curious if anyone thinks it'd be possible.

ZXA had "A Wind Continuing towards the Future" as the main theme. It was even in the credits. >.>

RnR2 had "South Blow", also. Then there was EXE1-6 (Starting with "EDEN~君がいない" I think, then there was the anime, this also applied to RnR too, athough it's anime was never finished). So yeah, capcom had a lot of themes to work around with.

No doubt this one'll be any diffrent.. I think.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 05:10:28 AM
If it has some Japanese song, it wont be in the US version. Or be instrumental only

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 11:46:00 PM
Even getting a true instrumental of the Japanese theme is fairly rare; IIRC only Z4 and ZXA did that (though in all fairness I'm not that familiar with BN/SF).

Of course, X6 offered us Moonlight, The Answer, and IDEA in all their glory, so you never know.  Maybe the L3 dev room will touch on that topic?  I certainly wouldn't mind such an option; rarely do I prefer the localized themes over the Japanese ones (X5, and maybe MHX).

ZXA had "A Wind Continuing towards the Future" as the main theme. It was even in the credits. >.>
Rather surprising that one can remember the ZX theme, which never appeared in-game, and forget the ZXA theme, which did.  *shrugs*

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 11:59:51 PM
Well, having a really kickass trailer to go along with it had to have helped.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 12:13:23 AM
X5

The flagus Opening theme was the flagjp Title theme. ;3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline PSI Ground

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 12:29:58 AM
Well, having a really kickass trailer to go along with it had to have helped.

Pretty much this. And I only played the Star Force games in japanese anyway... (and SF2's wasn't even in-game IIRC)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 03:31:50 AM
The flagus Opening theme was the flagjp Title theme. ;3
Actually I believe the title theme is the same across both regions.  And US opening adds an extra loop. :P

Yeah, I'm aware of that.  I still think it's superior, not only for the video sequence, but for general listening as well.  What can I say, I'm just not a fan of Monkey.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 03:38:07 AM
Even getting a true instrumental of the Japanese theme is fairly rare; IIRC only Z4 and ZXA did that (though in all fairness I'm not that familiar with BN/SF).
The localized X7's credits had an instrumental version of Shotaro Morikubo's "Lazy Mind"

Of course, X6 offered us Moonlight, The Answer, and IDEA in all their glory, so you never know.

yet that is attributed to X6's rushed localization. They rushed so much they just could not make replacement themes, so they just kept them there. Like the voices. (which were removed from X Collection) and the spelling errors

Also, Im not a fan of Monkey myself. :P

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 04:09:17 AM
yet that is attributed to X6's rushed localization. They rushed so much they just could not make replacement themes, so they just kept them there. Like the voices. (which were removed from X Collection) and the spelling errors

Gotta stop you there.  Rockman X6's opening is not the same audio as MegaMan X6's opening.  The RMX6 opening has a Japanese narrator reading the story bits.

Re-using Japanese themes isn't just a matter of whether or not they want to take extra time; Capcom's license agreement has to permit them to use it in all regions (you could very well argue X5's approach as the lazier/cheaper one; reusing and extending the pre-existing themes).  Given that they took that step, how much more time does it take to ask an artist for an instrumental version?

PS1 MMX6 does have the option to turn the voices off.  X Collection most likely removed the voices for file size concerns, since the Collection obviously needed a good deal of data compression already (especially for GCN).

And while X6's localization is bad, it's nowhere near as bad as either of the Xtremes, and the fact that they at least kept the names straight keeps it well ahead of the X/Legends instruction manuals of that generation, as well.  Not as if X5 didn't have a mountain of spelling errors, either.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 04:22:07 AM
I still feel the reason they did not remove the songs was the rushed localization. Capcom has never expressed much interest in leaving the Japanese themes in. Only occasionally as Instrumental. (of course we would not have had cool themes like the Mega Man X3 PSX one, or the localized Classic 8 and X4 theme, but still) I wish though that they would leave them in. I dont see why they dont. Many other Japanese games keep their japanese pop themes and whatnot. (Mainly Jrpg's it would seem)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 04:24:10 AM
Re-using a track already in the game would be considerably lazier, and quite possibly cheaper.  Again, X5 did it.  Twice.  No reason X6 couldn't have.  So since they had to redo the audio one way or the other, "rushed localization" doesn't really apply to the intro.

I'm pretty sure instrumental swaps are a simple matter of the guy in charge enforcing their opinion of what will best match the audience.  It's true that Japanese audio in US games isn't unheard of outside of MegaMan (TvC and Muramasa come to mind).

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 04:36:54 AM
Wait. X6 keeping the original opening music is a sign of a rushed localization?

That's a reach.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 04:40:23 AM
Wait. X6 keeping the original opening music is a sign of a rushed localization?

That's a reach.
I only consider it such because all the other ones removed and replaced it. So from an initial point of view, it would seem they rushed the localization and thus did not replace them. But Hyper's point makes more sense than mine.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 05:44:27 AM
Also, Im not a fan of Monkey myself. :P

I liked it much better than what they did with US X5. I don't get why everybody likes how they did it in the US over how it was done in Japan.

Actually, I prefer all the Japanese version stuff over the US version, [tornado fang] X4 US Opening,MM8's Opening, X7's and X8's. I'll take the Japanese over that please.

Offline PSI Ground

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 06:28:01 AM
Wait, so the EXE games had themes in japan? Were they in-game or just in ads and such

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 07:17:00 AM
I liked it much better than what they did with US X5. I don't get why everybody likes how they did it in the US over how it was done in Japan.

Actually, I prefer all the Japanese version stuff over the US version, [tornado fang] X4 US Opening,MM8's Opening, X7's and X8's. I'll take the Japanese over that please.
Im sorry but that makes you sound INCREDIBLY much like a Weaboo. :| I like my fair share of the Japanese themes too, I like them all except for Monkey in fact,( I like the song, but It just doesnt seem to FIT in the X5 intro) but I ALSO like the US themes Except for X8's (mainly because it is repeated in various forms across the WHOLE game) they were still catchy and nice.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 07:38:24 AM
Im sorry but that makes you sound INCREDIBLY much like a Weaboo. :|

I'm sorry you think that. The songs themselves aren't bad, but when used for the intro's in the games I choose to skip them, If they kept the Japanese intros I wouldn't skip over them.

I really do like MM8's Opening music. I just don't like it over the opening, since its quite bleh in that context. Same with X5 and X4. I don't play X7 or X8 enough to care (I also don't really like those intros to begin with, seeing as its mainly a few small parts of clips from the game and FMV sequences.)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 08:24:08 AM
You could have just said that to start with.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 08:29:49 AM
I know, it didn't cross my mind when I first posted.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 09:48:31 AM
Maybe they'll get translated!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSH923qNjRk[/youtube]

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 05:06:29 PM
Hypershell, re:X6...

The reason they took out the voices in X6 was not for space concerns, but because they considered it the lesser of two evils.  They knew people were going to [sonic slicer] either way, so they went the route they thought would get overall the least bitching.

I read this in an interview (or maybe just a press release?  I'm not 100% sure) with a Capcom employee discussing the aftermath of X Collection and why it went down the shitter, not long after it was released.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 06:13:37 PM
Instead, people bitched more about the fact that they were removed. I mean honestly, if it has the option to be turned off, then there is no logical point to remove them outright.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 06:49:38 PM
Indeed.  Forcibly removing them while the player already has the ability to do so on their own doesn't accomplish anything.

Kieran, I recall the quote you're talking about, it's from an MMN article released shortly after X Collection.  And yeah, they did comment that they knew fans would complain either way on the topic of X6's voices, but that doesn't say that nothing else was at play in the decision.  To merely force what is already within the player's power will not reduce complaining.

Further, I know for a fact the author of that article was either misinformed or speculating on a few points.  They sited Sentsuizan's description as evidence that its input had been changed during development and later changed back, but in truth the X Collection description is identical to the PS1 description.

Actually, I prefer all the Japanese version stuff over the US version
I'd agree with that as a rule of thumb, but there are always exceptions.  And for me, X5 is it.  But generally speaking, I enjoy the US intros, while preferring the Japanese ones.

Going the opposite way, however, I despise XCM's US intro.  Go figure.

Then there's MHX, which is pretty much just a matter of context.  I actually prefer Don't Wanna Be as general listening, but believe the US theme is better fitting for the intro video.