MegaMan Legends 3 is REAL, AND IT'S SPECTACULAR...LY IN 3-D

Jericho · 189041

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: September 30, 2010, 11:47:56 PM
Gotta agree there.
And not all of us die hard Mega Man fans can afford that right now, nor are willing to spend that much ona system for just ONE game... >_>;

And not many places are hiring these days either, (not on the Island anyway) so I'm not expecting a job any time soon. Im gonna try around the Christmas season, since thats when they need the most help, but...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #176 on: September 30, 2010, 11:52:10 PM
Yeah, that makes no sense at all.

There's a good chance that this will take quite a while in development, and the 300 dollar price tag is IN JAPAN! OTHER REGIONS MIGHT GET IT CHEAPER!! And by the time this game is done, who knows? Maybe there will have been a price drop for some reason.

And I highly doubt it would be 400 bucks for a game and system. Unless they're making the games sell for 100 bucks, which is twice the price of the Wii's games. I don't think minimum wage has any bearing on product pricing anyways.

Lastly, this game will be released after the fervor of those games has died down a bit, letting this shine in its own light.

tldr quit your bitching at least this is happening and don't whine that it's gonna suck because its on the 3DS until we've seen some videos at the very least

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: September 30, 2010, 11:54:55 PM
You know, as glad as I am that Legends 3 is coming out, it is retarded to put it out on the 3ds. First of all, it's a 300 dollar system. Considering the fact that it's so expensive and for what it is--a series that is largely forgotten in most gaming backgrounds, most people's attention will be towards Loz OOT release, MGS:3 and so forth to the point where Legends won't make that many sales. Sure, die hard Megaman fans will buy it at first, but in general the masses will not bother. It's going to be the same story as to what happened with Megaman Maverick Hunter X. Unless this game is so great that it will put all other Capcom games to shame. Mark my words. It would have been smarter to put it on on systems that people already have (Wii, Ps3, and 360) than to do this. And namely since there's an idea that the minimum wage will jump again lately, gaming prices will increase soon too. So don't be surprised if you are paying $400 for just the 3ds and Legends 3.

Dude, it was never confirmed to be $300. That was an estimation of the Japanese price to US. It was probably best to put it on a handheld, period. Capcom doesn't want to risk spending millions of dollars on a PS3/360 game, only to sell poorly afterward. It's best to start small.

I can easily see this sell well enough, especially on an anticipated and brand-spanking new platform such as the 3DS.

Offline Crappy Blue Luigi

• That guy who does stuff sometimes.
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel.
Reply #178 on: October 01, 2010, 12:02:01 AM
Please tell me there's a way to turn off the music on the forums.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: October 01, 2010, 12:02:39 AM
This is terrific. The only thing better would be a new strider game. *wishing star*

Nice touch Vixy, with the BG music.  :cookie:

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: October 01, 2010, 12:10:30 AM
Not very good at economics, are you guys?

Given what is going into the hand held, nintendo needs to make a profit from the technology, applications as well as the software going into it. With the 3ds we're talking pop-out effects, (retarded) wifi, a 2gb sd card along with hardware to go with it. The psp sold for around 200 when it first game out. With the 3ds having more hardware, software and s&d it will cost more to -make- them, thus having the sale price go up surpassing the psp which has less to it. It makes no sense---in a business---to put more in merchandise and then just sell for less to the point where you wont get any profit. I'll give you maybe---MAYBE 280 dollars. Minimal.

And I highly doubt it would be 400 bucks for a game and system. Unless they're making the games sell for 100 bucks, which is twice the price of the Wii's games. I don't think minimum wage has any bearing on product pricing anyways.

I reiterate; the minimal wage maybe jumping up AGAIN soon. When the minimal wage goes up, or plans to go up, the cost for living, merchandise, food and what have you increases as well. Taxes are also high at the moment which will increase the rate for sales tax--granted that maybe where you -are-.

I don't think minimum wage has any bearing on product pricing anyways.
You know little of economics, my friend. :P It has everything to do with product pricing. It's why a large reason why the hardware that the systems cost so much for the companies to purchase them and why the systems cost so much when -we- buy them.

tldr quit your bitching at least this is happening and don't whine that it's gonna suck because its on the 3DS until we've seen some videos at the very least

I'd hate to be the one who gives you a reading assignment. It was barely a paragraph and your lack of economics (it's economics ((edit: My mistake. MICROeconomics)). Business science, not politics). If you read it, no where did I say that the game sucks. It was just your lack of cognitive ability which lead you to that assumption. I'll remember next time that an educated opinion on the price of an object is labeled as "bitching", to make sense of whether or not it really is worth paying over 250 dollars just to play one game when it comes out.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #181 on: October 01, 2010, 12:13:46 AM
Yes, I was wrong on the wage/pricing part. I talked to my roommate and was wrong.

Here's a little tidbit though. The Wii went for the same price in Yen in Japan and no one complained. So why is everyone doing so now?

And you said it was retarded to put it on the 3DS. Which shows you have little faith in how it will turn out.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: October 01, 2010, 12:26:23 AM
Mainly because the Wii is a system. It's stationary. The chances of it being lost, stolen or broken by dropping, liquids or collisions is minimized. As well as the capabilites of the Wii surpasses the handhelds. The majority of people who obtain gaming systems is aimed toward age 10-17, which means that parents will be the ones purchasing them. A -parent- with things better things to spend money on like morgage, food, lights, and gas than spend money on a 300 dollar handheld that can be stolen by kids or lost by kids--namely when they've spent 400+ already on Wii's, PS3's, Xbox's, Psp's, and DS's. These things effect how well something--anything--will sell. It is very risky to put the game out on a system that is not out at all right now, cost as much as a used current system. It's safer to put out the sales on something that is out already. The Wii would have been the best choice. Second would have been the Xbox for America and Europe, or Second in Asian countries for the PS3. You have the convience to buy a game on a current system that has been paid for, for a series that hasn't been acknowledged widely by gamers outside of Megaman fans, this is a risky move.

It's not about faith, it's about having the sense to look at it logically. You can have all the faith that you can fly off a building. However, don't expect to fly. Will some sales be made? Yes. There are fans of the series that have more than enough money to cash out for this. Will it be how much they can make? No. The 3ds will sell. Without a doubt, but given the price and a series that's not talked about outside of fans? Not very well. Megaman ZX, will you take the stand?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #183 on: October 01, 2010, 12:28:33 AM
Well look at it this way.

That's Japan's price.

Not ours.

We won't know ours until a later date.

So stop using Japan's price as ours.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: October 01, 2010, 12:28:50 AM
Here's some more interesting tidbits:

DS Phat
Japanese Launch Price: 15,000 Yen (around $180 US)
US Launch Price: $150 US

DS Lite Launch Price
Japanese Launch Price: 16,800 Yen (Around $201 US). It should be noted that many retailers raised the price to 23,300 Yen ($279 US)
US Launch Price: $130 US

DSi Launch Price
Japanese Launch Price: 18,900 Yen (Around $227 US).
US Launch Price: $170 US

DSi XL Launch Price
Japanese Launch Price: 20,000 Yen (Around $240 US)
US Launch Price: $190 US

Notice the trend? I doubt that Nintendo will use the literal translation of the Yen-to-US-Dollar conversion as the official price.

Offline Ryo

• I shouldn't be a
  • Robot Master
  • Coming to your local theater
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: October 01, 2010, 12:30:53 AM
Here's some more interesting tidbits:

DS Phat
Japanese Launch Price: 15,000 Yen (around $180 US)
US Launch Price: $150 US

DS Lite Launch Price
Japanese Launch Price: 16,800 Yen (Around $201 US). It should be noted that many retailers raised the price to 23,300 Yen ($279 US)
US Launch Price: $130 US

DSi Launch Price
Japanese Launch Price: 18,900 Yen (Around $227 US).
US Launch Price: $170 US

DSi XL Launch Price
Japanese Launch Price: 20,000 Yen (Around $240 US)
US Launch Price: $190 US

Notice the trend? I doubt that Nintendo will use the literal translation of the Yen-to-US-Dollar conversion as the official price.

It'll still be about as much as the Wii when it came out, from my estimations. Quite a bit for a hand-held.

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: October 01, 2010, 12:32:27 AM
It'll still be about as much as the Wii when it came out, from my estimations. Quite a bit for a hand-held.

The PSP came out for the same price and people bought it like hotcakes. Same with the PSP GO for some stupid reason.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: October 01, 2010, 12:32:54 AM
Notice a tread? And a tidbit from me? Not once did I reference Japan's price. But rather the hardware and software this system will have in it. The more developed handhelds get, and more hardware that is in it, the more it costs. If it didn't, the PS2 would have been $200 as it was, and the PS3 would have been $180. It would make no sense for the 3ds to cost less than 280 dollars WITHOUT tax given the hardware. You guys are using japan as a reference---a poor one at that, which is why I never USED it as one. Nice assumption.

The PSP came out for the same price and people bought it like hotcakes. Same with the PSP GO for some stupid reason.

The psp's hardware and software far outdoes the Ds. From watching movies, listening to music, browsing the internet as well as downloading applications and add-ons, games and so forth. It appeals more to a modern audience. The PSP GO...yeah, that was just stupid. I'll give you that.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #188 on: October 01, 2010, 12:35:23 AM
Moral of the story: Japanese retail price =/= US retail price

And people will buy anything if they want it badly enough.

And you said 300 bucks. That's Japan's price CONVERTED to US dollars. So yes, you did reference it.

I'm done listening to you, because you just proved you only saw 300 bucks and didn't read on to see that it was 25,000 yen converted to USD = 300 bucks.

Therefore to me, your arguments are pointless.

Also, the 3DS's hardware far outdoes the PSP's.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #189 on: October 01, 2010, 12:39:23 AM
I wish there was a way to get legends 2 for a reasonable price online... Even just the disc alone- Is expensive. And naturally, I want it with the case and manual. At LEAST the manual.
I got mine with the case and manual for $38 USD. (That's with shipping, however much that cost me, I can't recall.)
That was the cheapest I ever saw a complete version of it go for.

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: October 01, 2010, 12:41:42 AM
Notice a tread? And a tidbit from me? Not once did I reference Japan's price. But rather the hardware and software this system will have in it. The more developed handhelds get, and more hardware that is in it, the more it costs. If it didn't, the PS2 would have been $200 as it was, and the PS3 would have been $180. It would make no sense for the 3ds to cost less than 280 dollars WITHOUT tax given the hardware. You guys are using japan as a reference---a poor one at that, which is why I never USED it as one. Nice assumption.

Bwah? Never did I say that as the handhelds got more tech and software in them they didn't get more expensive. In fact you'll notice the increase of the launch prices in the US starting from the DS Lite. I was just noting that even though things were expensive in Japan, they weren't nearly as expensive in the US.

Since you keep mentioning a $300 price point you've kinda been referencing to the Japanese launch price, which is 25000 Yen or $300 US. Judging from the trend of handheld releases I doubt Nintendo is going to charge that much in the US. It'll be $250 at the MOST.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: October 01, 2010, 12:41:57 AM
Then...you're retarded. @ Talyn  I was going off price of -hardware-. Not sure how many times I've said that already. It's only the people who WANT Megaman Legends 3 who will buy it. You are -assuming- that I am referencing Japanese price. Which I am not. And also, you just admitted that the 3DS's hardware far outdoes the PSP's...WHICH WILL MAKE IT COST MORE. Again, this is -business-. Gaming is a -business-. This is how business works. Your arguement is full of holes and your opinions come only from -wanting- the game so bad you are willing to shell out as much as possibe for it. There's a business term for it: "Sheep." I want Legends 3 and even a Legends 4 as much as the next guy, however it makes more financial sense for people with kids, bills, or college to get the game on a system that is out already. Your reasoning is only "I like Legends so much, I'll buy another system just for it."

Since you keep mentioning a $300 price point you've kinda been referencing to the Japanese launch price, which is 25000 Yen or $300 US. Judging from the trend of handheld releases I doubt Nintendo is going to charge that much in the US. It'll be $250 at the MOST.

No, I was going off the hardware and software. As well as applications. The assumption that I am going off that is fine, however I reiterate; I did not. 300 is the semi worse case situation. 280 is the most sensable, and 250 if nintendo cares more about fans than they do money. And for a business, that's not likely--however I am willing to say it is -possible-. Highly unlikely, yet not very.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #192 on: October 01, 2010, 12:47:48 AM
THE PRICE FOR THE HARDWARE IN JAPAN CONVERTS TO 300 USD SO EVEN THOUGH YOU KEEP CLAIMING THAT YOU'RE NOT REFERENCING IT YOU ARE!!

Take time to read TeaofJay's posts, they back up what I'm trying to say.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: October 01, 2010, 12:49:17 AM
Question, where is the Escape from the Tower theme? Thats one of the best.

The best theme is clearly

Elysium - Defense Zone

Offline TeaOfJay

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: October 01, 2010, 12:50:51 AM
'Kay. Then provide some numbers that prove your point. It's probably because I'm retarded, but all you've been doing is saying "it'll be $300 because IT'S MORE HIGH TECH!"

Also, I should point you to the PSPGo again. The PSPGo launched $70 more than the PSP3000 model that was currently on the market, and the PSPGo actually TOOK AWAY more features than it added. Take that as you will.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #195 on: October 01, 2010, 12:51:35 AM
@ACID: It really is... fell in love with it the first time I heard it.

Which was today.

@Tea: Thank you.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: October 01, 2010, 12:53:25 AM
Same with the PSP GO for some stupid reason.

I thought it was barely selling everywhere with Japan not even having finished the first shipment yet.

Re: Legends 3
I wouldn't worry about it not selling because nobody has the system. I seriously doubt it'd be a launch title, so by the time it comes out there'll easily be millions of people with a 3DS already, most of the people that REALLY want it will likely have it by then, many "hardcore" gamers will already have it, the kids will have it from Christmas or other ways already if it's a holiday 2011 or a 2012 release, and being released early in the systems lifespan has the chance of helping it if only because there are less other games for people to choose from.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: October 01, 2010, 12:55:09 AM
Once again, I didn't even mention Japan. You must really like the country. If it does match what I am assuming then it matched my assumption. I have also said that the least is 280. Unless 280 and 300 is the same thing. I've read TeaofJay's post. While he does make a point, it doesn't mean it will be 200 dollars only. Just because more people say it, doesn't make it true. He's listed old costs of the ds's and costs in japan and USA. Do you really want me to break out the difference in price between the PS1, PS2 and PS3 at launches between the countries? And their gap in price? Mainly to show you that there isn't much consistancy between prices. Really? Do you want me to? :D

Also, I should point you to the PSPGo again. The PSPGo launched $70 more than the PSP3000 model that was currently on the market, and the PSPGo actually TOOK AWAY more features than it added. Take that as you will.

Actually, they replaced features and went for what they believed fans would demand. As demand goes up, so does price. Fail. :D

Offline Ryo

• I shouldn't be a
  • Robot Master
  • Coming to your local theater
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: October 01, 2010, 12:56:47 AM
You know, as glad as I am that Legends 3 is coming out, it is retarded to put it out on the 3ds. First of all, it's a 300 dollar system.

Care to say that you didn't mention the price again?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: October 01, 2010, 12:57:52 AM
It's not gonna cost any less than $250 that's for sure. That won't stop it from selling though.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.