MegaMan Legends 3 is REAL, AND IT'S SPECTACULAR...LY IN 3-D

Jericho · 188220

Aresian

Reply #825 on: January 17, 2011, 09:59:23 AM
Aside from the fact that I just plain don't like her... the cel-shading isn't bad. Could be worse.

All that matters is how progressively hot and curvy Tron is, for me.

Oh and playing the game of course.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #826 on: January 17, 2011, 02:49:25 PM
At least L3 will still be a big improvement over L1&2 graphics-wise, despite having a similar look.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #827 on: January 20, 2011, 01:28:37 AM
Hey, who remembers this guy?
http://androidarts.com/mml/reaverbot_legends.htm

He seems to have updated his site due to MML3, with a few ideas of his and redesigns of the Heroines from the Heroine contest.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #828 on: January 20, 2011, 01:39:35 AM
Good.

That guy had some awesome ideas.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #829 on: January 20, 2011, 02:03:00 AM
He did that long ago, I think he even posted that on the Capcom Unity forums.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #830 on: January 20, 2011, 02:58:53 AM
All that matters is how progressively hot and curvy Tron is, for me.

Oh and playing the game of course.
I love this guy. 8)

Surprising how much more "complete" it looks with the shader applied, though according to the blog that probably won't be the shader they actually use in the game, but it should be a similar style.

Hey, works for me.

So now they're taking Reaverbot submissions.  That'll be a tough one, but I'll give it my all.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #831 on: January 20, 2011, 08:09:49 AM
Aero's model is complete

Personally love the cel-shaded look. Was instantly reminded of Wind Waker.

Oh not bad, not bad at all.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #832 on: January 20, 2011, 09:41:57 AM
So, is anyone enterring the reaverbot contest?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #833 on: January 20, 2011, 11:05:20 PM
I just did, I also added some "spice" to mine when it came to the 4-legged stance.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #834 on: February 01, 2011, 02:58:47 AM
Got my Reaverbot in, but sadly didn't have time to color it.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom/go/thread/view/114725/26788013/

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline prower42

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #835 on: February 07, 2011, 09:36:16 AM
I have been gone this long and this... this...

3YEULRH43WEUIP;R4JEBUSIJKRESK[/TOTAL FREAKOUT]

WHY CAN'T I LEARN ABOUT THESE THINGS SOONER!!!

damn you internet and your half-assed-ery!

*mind proceeds to asplode*

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #836 on: February 15, 2011, 03:11:00 AM
Presenting the new MML3 reaver!  Interesting design, to say the least, heh.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #837 on: February 16, 2011, 02:44:21 PM
Wow, are you telling me somebody not Japanese won one?

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #838 on: February 16, 2011, 03:07:38 PM
That actually is a really cool design/idea.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #839 on: February 16, 2011, 03:14:51 PM
Not even the japs could top that

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #840 on: February 27, 2011, 04:19:31 AM
Too bad.  I was routing for Smearcian; glad it at least got an honorable mention from the motion staff.

Janusbot flew under my radar during the event, but that one looked pretty badass, too.

Man, we're running out of time to come up with easter-egg submissions, and the ONLY thing I can come up with involves snow...which I'm pretty sure isn't going to be on the island in question. O:<  Gotta figure out something...

Posted on: February 19, 2011, 23:53:37
Eguchi and Kitabayashi made their case at a "green light" meeting with Capcom's big-wigs, and Kitabayashi posted today that the verdict is...an extension.  Not approved, not canned, just more time in concept.

I can only hope that this is just an attempt to light a fire under everyone's ass, so as to avoid the devs getting content, because words will never describe the pain I wish on those responsible if the game were to actually get cancelled.

News of this meeting really emphasizes to me, for better or worse, how truly disconnected the Devroomers are from the actual development.  Did anyone on there know what steps were involved in not only creation but in approval, and where the game or "project" stood in relation to that?  What checkpoints would be hit between the devroom opening and the game's release?  Nope.  We just got the little "%" number by the rocket with a few random Servbot conversations.  Near every Devroom post has been about what's going on in the here and now, with very little as to what to expect.

Okay, they can't spoil the whole thing pre-release, I get that.  But if they're going to ask for people's support, then they need to know what the hell it is that they're supporting, and what road they're committing to if they want to see it through.

Posted on: February 25, 2011, 05:45:35 PM
Finally came up with an easter egg submission.  The event ends at noon on Tuesday, so hurry up, all!

I honestly intended that as just a "dig for spare change" kind of thing, like the shovel in Zelda LttP, but with the added chance to annoy random people/dogs.  But then the "what-if"s started floating around in my head, and that last scene just fell together.  Kind of a switcheroo on a tried-and-true Legends tradition. :V

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #841 on: February 27, 2011, 08:39:50 PM
Finally came up with an easter egg submission.  The event ends at noon on Tuesday, so hurry up, all!

I honestly intended that as just a "dig for spare change" kind of thing, like the shovel in Zelda LttP, but with the added chance to annoy random people/dogs.  But then the "what-if"s started floating around in my head, and that last scene just fell together.  Kind of a switcheroo on a tried-and-true Legends tradition. :V

Reply'd ^^

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #842 on: February 27, 2011, 08:40:47 PM
I put up my own submission. It may not be as subtle as others but...

Well, I leave it up to the fans to decide.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #843 on: February 27, 2011, 11:02:34 PM
No reason it needs to be subtle.  As I mentioned in one of the last "Zenny For Your Thoughts" threads (regarding the notion of Roll naming Trigger after a game character), we've seen a great deal of MegaMan merchandise in the series already.  A video game, two cartoon shows, and a poster or two as well, in addition to X-Buster/Z-Saber being well established.

I for one love your idea. 8)  The regional/development term switching was a nice touch, as well.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #844 on: March 02, 2011, 10:20:31 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dinner Sonic

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #845 on: March 02, 2011, 12:13:31 PM
Not to take away from what I believe are the first sorta-real in-game screens of MML3, but... I can't seem to figure out what the Mega Man and Bass models they used as filler there. The shading reminds me of Powered Up but the model is definitely different, and Bass never appeared in it either. I'm almost positive that's not the Bass.EXE from Transmission either... could this be a teaser for a revamped Universe style, or an unannounced game they're borrowing from?

Also... why say "they hadn't finished the playable characters for Legends 3" when I thought Trigger was the only playable character in the entire series outside of Misadventures?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #846 on: March 02, 2011, 01:48:11 PM
I like what I'm seeing. It's really really raw with much placeholder models and textures, but it gives me an idea of the game's whole scale.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #847 on: March 02, 2011, 07:25:19 PM
The city scenes they've posted seem a lot more fleshed out and (dare I say) realistic than previous city areas in Legends.  I'm liking it so far.

The Other Side

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #848 on: March 03, 2011, 12:42:26 AM
Seconded.  It's also encouraging to see Eguchi trying to get the Devroomers a bit more involved with the retrospective.  Not that we're doing anything, just that we're a bit more "in the loop" than we were before.

Also... why say "they hadn't finished the playable characters for Legends 3" when I thought Trigger was the only playable character in the entire series outside of Misadventures?
They probably meant that, seeings how there hasn't been a non-cel-phone Legends game in a decade, a "scrap" Classic model was easier to come across than a Trigger model.  I'm betting the Rock we see there is some previous developer content that never saw public release.

In a way, it's beneficial for them to be using characters who are obviously not going to be in the final build: It lessens the chance of misunderstandings as to what the final build will look like.  No sense in having them show an early Trigger model, and have us go to town on how badly it sucks when they're not even intending to use it in the final game anyway.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #849 on: March 03, 2011, 03:06:53 AM
As I said before on the Megaman Network (And I'll say it again if I have to), I really like the classic style Rock and Forte and hope they don't go to waste (As in, I hope they make a use for them :P.)