Panty & Stocking With Garter Belt - "Bitches, Whores & The Pimp: The Show"

TheOnly · 93233

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
No, you are actually like more on an acid trip, considering this anime's insanity levels and how they were able to troll us not once, but TWICE.

Anime COINED the term "Troll".

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Actually..3 times. Pulp addiction *shudders*

I thought Pulp Addiction was hilarious. a little disturbing with the Private Ryan style intro... but all around, hilariously disturbing.

Aresian

And so time passed and the verdict was out. This show really isn't my speed. Maybe I'm getting too old? I dunno. It just seems really... yeah. I won't go there, I don't feel like dealing with the idiocy wave the likes of which that can only be topped by the Gurrenfags.

You know who you are and what I mean and that I'm right in this. There exists no greater evil than that.

This definitely isn't "refreshing" to me, my two cents.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
And so time passed and the verdict was out. This show really isn't my speed. Maybe I'm getting too old? I dunno. It just seems really... yeah. I won't go there, I don't feel like dealing with the idiocy wave the likes of which that can only be topped by the Gurrenfags.

You know who you are and what I mean and that I'm right in this. There exists no greater evil than that.

This definitely isn't "refreshing" to me, my two cents.

Gurrenfags, eh? You'd better be DAMN thankful that you got me back when you did. 8D

Aresian

Gurrenfags, eh? You'd better be DAMN thankful that you got me back when you did. 8D

Hah, I knew it. I knew at least you would respond to it. I have very good reason behind it. A long time ago, I asked "What's this Gurren Lagann thing ya'll talking about?" and the topic I asked in exploded to 5 pages further. No one gave me a straight answer, just a bunch of really stupid lines from the overhyped anime of the century. Then when I called them on their BS (given if you want to interest someone, make it titillating, not retarded.) they went apeshit and tried, very poorly I might add, to run me out.

It's one thing to like GL. To even stand by it as a favorite anime. But to get cultist over it... that is when you become a Gurrenfag. And frankly, most fans I've seen are just that.

GL is essentially the FFVII of the Anime world. Good for what it is, if you take it as just that. However the fanbase has ruined it by making it overhyped.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
See, I've always disagreed with the sentiment that a fanbase can ruin a certain product, whether it be a game, movie, or other form of entertainment. If you enjoy something or don't, and have a certain opinion on it, that's all the really matters. I agree, TTGL is an overrated anime, so is Haruhi as well. But I still think both are actually quality animes. LoL, hell I also think that FLCL is absolute [parasitic bomb], but it has such a huge fanbase that loves it. Essentially, to each their own, I always say.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Hah, I knew it. I knew at least you would respond to it. I have very good reason behind it. A long time ago, I asked "What's this Gurren Lagann thing ya'll talking about?" and the topic I asked in exploded to 5 pages further. No one gave me a straight answer, just a bunch of really stupid lines from the overhyped anime of the century. Then when I called them on their BS (given if you want to interest someone, make it titillating, not retarded.) they went apeshit and tried, very poorly I might add, to run me out.

It's one thing to like GL. To even stand by it as a favorite anime. But to get cultist over it... that is when you become a Gurrenfag. And frankly, most fans I've seen are just that.

GL is essentially the FFVII of the Anime world. Good for what it is, if you take it as just that. However the fanbase has ruined it by making it overhyped.

Indeed. I stand by the fact that it was pretty good once you hit the second season, but when you get into it, you have to deal with the fanboys.

See, I've always disagreed with the sentiment that a fanbase can ruin a certain product, whether it be a game, movie, or other form of entertainment. If you enjoy something or don't, and have a certain opinion on it, that's all the really matters. I agree, TTGL is an overrated anime, so is Haruhi as well. But I still think both are actually quality animes. LoL, hell I also think that FLCL is absolute [parasitic bomb], but it has such a huge fanbase that loves it. Essentially, to each their own, I always say.

PB ninja'd me, but he essentially nailed my point. And FLCL is pretty good in it's own way, but it's not "LOLOL ORGASIMICALLY AWESUM AND SHIZ." either.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Don't get me wrong though...

Some fanbases can be annoying, obsessive, downright silly and otherwise just plain stupid. Hell, try being a Yankees fan in this day and age.

Aresian

I'd like to reiterate. They killed it for me. I can watch the series, but talking about it is pretty much a no-no. It incites the dregs to come out of no where and drive me up a wall.

So in a sense, you are correct. A fanbase cannot ruin something (unless they drive the creator to quit/off him/herself) and so thusly, that is a bit of a personal nitpick. But that is why I've all but left pretty much every fanbase gathering, save Megaman, for now. As sad as it is, fans in large groups make things... worse? For me anyway. But like you said, to each their own.

Don't get me wrong though...

Some fanbases can be annoying, obsessive, downright silly and otherwise just plain stupid. Hell, try being a Yankees fan in this day and age.

Essentially what you said.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
FLCL was always WTFsauce to me back when I saw it [AS] although I enjoyed it.

I can sorta relate on how a fanbase could ruin something, I mean talk to PB, Vixy, and Nekomata about what happened with Rosenkreuzstilette here back in 2009. :W
At DoujinStyle, TheObserver brought up how a promising game called Vampirish Night got canceled all because some retarded people in the US insulted the developers to the point where they canceled production of the game. That's just plain jacked up. If I was one of them, I'd tell these people to f*ck off.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Since we are no the (off)topic of fanbases being annoying.

How about dem NGEfags? I didn't like this anime, and when I posted on a certain forum (which is now dead) that I don't like it, the characters are horrible and et cetera... they bashed me all to hell. When I tried to [tornado fang]ing show them Big O sometime later... THEY [tornado fang]ing BASHED ME AS WELL BECAUSE OF THE [tornado fang]ing OPENING (not all of the users did those things, but there was a certain amount). Or whenever I mentioned that Yu-Gi-Oh! is not THAT bad... they [tornado fang]ing bashed me also. I wasn't even a prick about it... I just mentioned I don't like it(NGE). It was because of them, that I came to hate NGE (and FLCL too. God, the music in this just wasn't my thing, so was the "humor" and "deepness").

That's it, from me.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Personally, I consider myself a fan of NGE, but I don't go out of the way to call it the best anime ever (No Anime holds that right at the moment, not even Code Geass which I do enjoy so much.), And I consider myself a fan of TTGL and FLCL as well. I just tend to stray from the side that gets overly obsessed and overhypes the hell out of everything.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
PB said what I would have said on this matter better than I could. I feel bad now. XD

*Goes back to lurking*

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page

Quote from: SMB Movie
It dun get better 'dan this.

You know, Sonic X was meh (although kids & tweens LOVED it), but when they went to space, and met with a plant named Cosmo.. *shudder*

But alas, PB worded it, and he worded it good. I'm gonna go back to what I was doing. Anyone got a PSG ep to recommend?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
You know, Sonic X was meh (although kids & tweens LOVED it), but when they went to space, and met with a plant named Cosmo.. *shudder*

But alas, PB worded it, and he worded it good. I'm gonna go back to what I was doing. Anyone got a PSG ep to recommend?
[INSERT A POST FULL OF RAGE DIRECTED AT THE PERSON I JUST QUOTED HERE]

Goddammit man, just watch the whole series... even though it's not a plot heavy chinese cartoon, but still. Watch in order is MUCH more enjoyable than going at random.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
[INSERT A POST FULL OF RAGE DIRECTED AT THE PERSON I JUST QUOTED HERE]

Goddammit man, just watch the whole series... even though it's not a plot heavy chinese cartoon, but still. Watch in order is MUCH more enjoyable than going at random.

Dude, I watched it as a teen (younger, while 4shiz was still intergrated with Fox). I finished the anime up until the following season where they tossed everything out the window (I still remember the Sam vs Sonic rematch ep). Do you know how many amvs there are on youtube right now only consisting of the Star Trek Saga?

..I'm not in the mood for this. *walks away*

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Agreed.

Definitely recommending eps. 1, 2, 3, and 6 (1~6 are the episodes I've watched so far, but I got 7~9 waiting).

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Dude, I watched it as a teen (younger, while 4shiz was still intergrated with Fox). I finished the anime up until the following season where they tossed everything out the window (I still remember the Sam vs Sonic rematch ep). Do you know how many amvs there are on youtube right now only consisting of the Star Trek Saga?

..I'm not in the mood for this. *walks away*
Umm... I was talking about totally different thing...

LOL

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Umm... I was talking about totally different thing...

LOL

Ohh, I see. What were you getting all huffy about anyway?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Ohh, I see. What were you getting all huffy about anyway?
I was rambling about your "hey recommend me a psg episode to watch".
I thought it was obvious, though maybe I should have just quoted only that part of your post.
Sorry, my bad. I just simply assumed that you will notice what I was speaking of.
: <

[spoiler]WATCH EPISODE 6[/spoiler]

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
...........The [tornado fang]?! What the hell is up with the second half of Episode 5?

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
...........The [tornado fang]?! What the hell is up with the second half of Episode 5?
A (sad) needless filler break from the hilarity and action from Panty and Stocking.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1fiZY8x4Do[/youtube]

Stocking~ owo

And the "Chuck to the Future" episode~ XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
The OST is officially up for grabs~

Kinda, its not out till the 29th...

When it does come out, though, I want a copy of "Fly Away". Because that is the best song in the whole show.