A new TMNT fighting game for Wii...

Solar · 29999

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: July 07, 2009, 06:23:51 PM
look, i've already been on edge about this game since its announcement. but this, no. just no. i think the Rabbids have no business being in a Turtles game. they certainly don't need to plug them; their fourth game is coming out soon.

if they show up in the Turtles in Time remake, i'm going to be really pissed.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #101 on: July 07, 2009, 06:27:35 PM
Yep, rabbids are invading Wii's video games. I'm bringing out my plunger gun on day one.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: July 07, 2009, 11:31:43 PM
I'm not mad. I'M FURIOUS!

It's bad enough that they're using an Ultrominator instead of Krang, and the new art style instead of the old one, but now THIS?! On a 25th anniversary celebration of all things pizza, turtles, and mutants?!

I'm starting to shy away from this.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: July 08, 2009, 05:06:57 AM
I consider myself pretty open to things. I mean, using the Utrom as they've done is fine, as I'm a fan of the classic TMNT B&W book, and that's more of a shout-out to that, than Krang, any way.

...But, not one, but TWO Rabbids?! There was, really, only ONE long-eared galoot who deserved to be in this game, and his name was Miyamoto Usagi!  o//////o

Shoot, I'm starting to wish they would have just used Miis, instead... -u-'

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: July 09, 2009, 01:02:29 AM
Major slap in the face if there's an Usagi outfit for one of the Rabbids instead of the actual character.

As for the Utrominator and old B&W books, granted, but Krang was more memorable.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: July 09, 2009, 11:38:17 PM
Major slap in the face if there's an Usagi outfit for one of the Rabbids instead of the actual character.

As for the Utrominator and old B&W books, granted, but Krang was more memorable.

Well, diff'rent strokes, is all I'll say about Krang.

You see Krang, and you see another fond memory from the 80s toon. I see Krang, and how he just represents another facet of how they bastardized the original TMNT, as Eastman and Laird intended. 8D

Ah well, at least Shredder looks to NOT be an Utrom himself. The one main thing I hated about the 2K3 toon, pre-FF era.  -u-'

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: July 09, 2009, 11:42:23 PM
I was hoping for something more in the TMNT:TF direction.
This... is... well it didn't spark my interest as much as I hoped.

As for the rabbid matter:
I hate those bastards.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: July 10, 2009, 12:30:34 AM
The moment it was shown to be a Smash clone, those hopes for TF went out the window, in my eyes.

'Sides, unlike the 90s, making a 2D, traditional fighter out of a franchise isn't nearly as lucrative now. Even the likes of the Naruto games have taken a number of liberties that drift away from the "classic" model, and be more newbie-friendly.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: July 10, 2009, 12:37:57 AM
The moment it was shown to be a Smash clone, those hopes for TF went out the window, in my eyes.

To be honest, I say that it's between clone and just plain ripoff. Not only in the gameplay, but in the presentation too.

And well, I understand everyone's hate for the rabbids even though their inclusion makes me happy. Ubisoft should worry more about getting the good TMNT characters in first, and then about their shameless advertisement (seriously, that's all that is). How bad this was will depends on how the final roster turns out =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: July 10, 2009, 12:42:24 AM
To be honest, I say that it's between clone and just plain ripoff.

And now you explain the difference.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: July 10, 2009, 12:44:01 AM
Rosenkreuzstilette is a clone.
Mega Man 3 (PC) is a ripoff.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: July 10, 2009, 12:46:06 AM
Give me a clear definition without examples.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #112 on: July 10, 2009, 12:50:28 AM
Ripoff - A term used to describe items being the same identical thing as the origional item, but at a more costly or less costly price. usually more/less sturdy than the origional product.

Clone - Something that looks and feels like something else. The only real diffrences are who made the item, and the product's end results.

And there you have it. , because it's mike's super short show! Clear defs for Acid, unless I'm wrong.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: July 10, 2009, 12:50:56 AM
it's all about shame. a ripoff copies a game for the sake of. but a clone copies the game while giving it the respect it deserves.

although, a clone is not above also poking fun at its source material.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: July 10, 2009, 07:53:37 PM
Ah, you know what?

I'll give a try before I judge this. Might be fun. But I must agree with Ben, the newer artstyle was a bad choice. Should have used the 90s cartoon style. Or the TMNT:TF artstyle. That one rocked.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: July 10, 2009, 09:58:26 PM
If it plays anything like Smash, it'll be fun, but at the same time, everything else about the game will really kill the enjoyment.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: July 10, 2009, 10:00:55 PM
I'll try it out, but I'll avoid the rabbids as much as possible. If anything, it'll be fun to smack them around if it's absolutely necessary.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: July 10, 2009, 10:03:13 PM
Indeed, Ubi's probably counting on them being the Dan/Jigglypuff of that game.

Because, well, see how well that works?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: July 10, 2009, 10:05:31 PM
You mean how they can be absolute beasts in the right hands, but are useless to everyone else? 8D

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: July 10, 2009, 10:08:28 PM
Indeeeeeed.

Offline yanmaoption

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: July 22, 2009, 03:48:43 PM
http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6213722/

[tornado fang] yeah! It's Technodrome! I demand Bebop & Rocksteady RIGHT NOW.

And Utrominator officially replaces Krang... Not that I'm complaining or any thing. I just know that many people will not like this decision...

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: August 16, 2009, 03:47:08 AM
So uh, anything new as far as news is concerned?

Offline yanmaoption

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: August 16, 2009, 12:27:14 PM
Well, it seems likely that it'll be for PS2 too. Check the official site for PS2 logo. At the site, shuffle characters around until you get three turtles with the Shredder, and then watch them brawl to see a little footage of a new train stage.

There are several new videos here. The one worth mentioning would be this one which contains a glimpse of a tag team mode.

Offline Captain Headdy

• Net Navi
  • Get Your Weapons Ready
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: August 16, 2009, 01:02:09 PM
If it plays anything like Smash, it'll be fun, but at the same time, everything else about the game will really kill the enjoyment.

It's a much faster than the recent offering of Smash Brothers. The stages are also crazy interactive. There are your calm moments where you and the others basically duke it out, but eventually a hazard pops up, or there's some object in the stage that you can interact with to turn the fight in your favor. Several stages also do transitions. And proper transitions mind you, none of that Fire Emblem crap you saw in Brawl.

The sewer level for example. One moment you're fighting in the sewers when a torrent of water pushes all players into another area with platforms that push you away from falling water, and a giant alligator that guards the bottom and pops up every now and then to take out any unlucky S.O.B still at the bottom.

I didn't get a chance to learn much of the move sets yet, but it's pretty simple to get in and have fun, and if you get caught in some annoying juggle, you'll be given a chance to break out from it and counter attack. However, there are some problems where you could end up being cornered by a character if they kept spamming a certain attack. I believe there was a counter to the situation but I didn't have time to properly try it out. There are items that enhance or give you special abilities such as the ability to breath fire to further increase your arsenal attacks.

The game doesn't have the same knockback like system in Smash Brothers, but that's expected with the vitality system. You want to pummel your opponents, not send them flying. However, this is actually a welcome benefit since now you'll be spending a majority of the time fighting rather than playing mind games to try and launch them out.

This game is also visually stunning. There's so much fancy effects going around, and it helps that the stage actually helps in the fight. So not only is it nice to look at, but you can also use it as a distraction or an obstacle against your opponent. I couldn't really judge the music or sound effects of this game, didn't really pay attention to them.

Overall this game is very fun and I'm looking forward to the final release. Still hate those god damn Rabbids though. (Although, they were not playable in the build that I tried.)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: August 21, 2009, 11:32:32 PM
I've always said that actual Brawl tournaments need to use the HP mode.

But hey, like they're going to listen; they're too busy crying about tripping and the lack of Wavedashing.