Megaman: Triple Threat

LizSama · 31370

Offline LizSama

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: August 27, 2010, 07:31:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIb6NYWUeJ8
http://stealth.hapisan.com/SAGE10

Mega Man: Triple Threat is a fangame created using the E02 Multi-Platform 2D Game Engine by Stealth.   The demo is available for  DOS/Windows, Linux, MacOS, PSP (Custom Firmware*), or Wii (Homebrew Channel*). The game uses Mega Man 7 style graphics and physics and begins another adventure for Mega Man, Proto Man and Bass to embark on.  Characters have seperate level paths, seperate weapons obtained by Robot Masters and seperate abilities.
We recently released a second Demo of Mega Man: Triple Threat for the Sonic Amature Games Expo (S.A.G.E.) and are looking for feedback from people.   The story and any information can be found at the following URLs:

http://stealth.hapisan.com/MMTT/
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man:_Triple_Threat

If you’re intersted in the art or gameplay itself you can head over to:
http://lizsama.deviantart.com/gallery/#Megaman-Triple-Threat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqLNBgBHrWA

The E02 engine itself can be downloaded from the SAGE10 page.   Once downloaded you’re able to directly DL the demo inside the program. 
The Nintendo Wii version supports the Willmote (Default), Classic Controller and the Gamecube Controller (Rename the keywiigc.def (Gamecube Controller) or keywiic.def (Classic Controller) to keywii.def)  For Windows, Linux, and Mac there is only keyboard support at the moment.  People who are inexperienced with playing platformers on a keyboard can find various Keyboard emu for their game controller.

For PC users http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2007/05/xpadder-use-your-pc-gamepad-instead-of-keyboard.html you may like to try this.

If you enjoy the game and are interested, we’re also hosting a Robot Master contest to see who the last four Robot Masters Dr. Ramano will unleash.  Information on that can be found at: http://stealth.hapisan.com/SAGE10/Contest.html
Submissions can be sent either via e-mail or deviantART notes. (info available on the Contest page) 

*We do not offer technical support for installation of Wii Homebrew Channel or PSP Custom Firmware.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 07:36:14 AM
I liked the trailer a lot. Plus, of course, Playable Blues!  8D

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 07:59:11 AM
 *o*

That music! That boss fight! Those backgrounds! I want it! I WANT IT~  <3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 08:09:59 AM
wow, not every day you see a fan game using the Megaman 7 style.
It looks really cool. I see you got rid of that silly charging pose Megaman had in 7. Playable Protoman/Bass? im game.

It looks real good and fun so far. great work!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline GameDragon

• Cyberelf
  • *nom*
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 10:31:54 AM
Actually tried this the other day. I loved it.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 07:38:40 PM

Probably because B&G ruined that style for everyone.

I played the demo a little while back. It was pretty solid. I liked it.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 07:52:57 PM
I've already commented elsewhere, so--nice to see you here, Liz. :)

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 11:07:11 PM
Looks interesting. I feel tempted to send in a Robot Master...but I currently lack ideas :D

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
  • Run Little puppy!!! Run!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 02:25:17 AM
i saw and played it in my wii a long ago. is the best beta already see from megaman, plus in the wii  <3
yeah, i want see about the already robot masters, this time i want originality. the typical fly robot master is getting annoying.

EDIT: there is an error when i intent to download the game, and im getting soo angry. it says:
Script Error:
Current Script:
mmtt.gdf

Current working Directory:
C:/Users/X/Downloads/02ENGINE/gdf

Aproximate Line Number:

Error:
File ended unexpectedly

And in the psp and wii the download system doesnt work. any help?
and the worst part is that it happens just when it get on 100%

BANANA INVASION IS COMING!!! OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! ToT                                                                                                                                       

Offline LizSama

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 11:20:10 AM
EDIT: there is an error when i intent to download the game, and im getting soo angry. it says:
Script Error:
Current Script:
mmtt.gdf

Current working Directory:

Aproximate Line Number:

Error:
File ended unexpectedly

And in the psp and wii the download system doesnt work. any help?
and the worst part is that it happens just when it get on 100%

According to the error, it sounds like you "downloaded" a blank mmtt.gdf file; there may have been some kind of connection problem preventing it from being read. ".gdf" files are responsible for telling E02 what games it has, where they are, and where to get updates. They're loaded every time the game list is refreshed, which also happens immediately after any download. If one of them can't be interpreted, you will get this type of error at that point. Delete the damaged ".gdf" and E02 will run again, then you can try to download the game again.

"And in the psp and wii the download system doesnt work" is not descriptive enough, I can't tell if you mean that you're getting the same error, or if it times out and gives the "no connection, press -> to try again" error. If the latter is the case, that in conjunction with the bad gdf file download may indicate some kind of problem with your internet connection, or some other problem somewhere between you and the server.

It looks really cool. I see you got rid of that silly charging pose Megaman had in 7. Playable Protoman/Bass? im game.

It looks real good and fun so far. great work!

Neither me or Stealth liked that charging pose in Mega Man 7, so when Stealth remarked about not adding it to our game, I was all for it.  :D

Let me also add that both of us appreciate the input people have given us here.  We hope to hear more and to get more Robot Master submissions!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 02:47:56 PM
I always had Robot Master ideas, but I cannot sprite at all!  8D

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 03:00:05 PM
...Why do I think those ideas aren´t suited for a MM game 8D

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 05:36:13 PM
I must say I'm tempted to submit Yoku Man. I've long thought that he has potential to be shown in various fangames. I'd love for him to become a cult favourite in the Mega Man fan game community. And as the submission rules state we need to be aware that they may change his fighting attributes to how they see fit.

Personally I don't mind, if Yoku Man is accepted and behaves differently than in other games, thats fine by me. It makes him not just a rehash of the same thing again. Even Tengu and Astro Man fought differently in MM8 and Rock Man and Forte.

PS. I'd also love to see a SNES MM7 Style version of his sprite. So thats why I might submit him. Why not?

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 06:39:28 PM
Wow, this looks really impressive. I'm gonna have to try this game out when I come back from work.

Offline DjKlzonez

• B-Class Hunter
  • Once a year
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 11:02:01 PM
I must say I'm tempted to submit Yoku Man. I've long thought that he has potential to be shown in various fangames. I'd love for him to become a cult favourite in the Mega Man fan game community. And as the submission rules state we need to be aware that they may change his fighting attributes to how they see fit.

Personally I don't mind, if Yoku Man is accepted and behaves differently than in other games, thats fine by me. It makes him not just a rehash of the same thing again. Even Tengu and Astro Man fought differently in MM8 and Rock Man and Forte.

PS. I'd also love to see a SNES MM7 Style version of his sprite. So thats why I might submit him. Why not?
Hehe, in that case, Yokuman would be popping in fangames just like his blocks do.

HE'S EVERYWHERE, AND NOWHERE AT THE SAME TIME.

Steam       Youtube

Offline LizSama

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 06:29:47 AM
FYI: This is Stealth, posting under Liz's account because, under the circumstances, I don't really feel like waiting for the account I just registered to be validated. I'm also responsible for the "support" text in one of the above posts

It's come to my attention, only within the last hour or so, that the demo download for Triple Threat is actually broken. This was a very minor update to a previous, working version, which only added one line to the .gdf file in accordance with a recent E02 update, which will throw an error if the game was designed for a newer version of E02 than it is being run with (specifically stating that fact). I updated the remote .gdf file with WinSCU's built-in text editor, and confident that it absolutely could not break, did not redownload and test. Unfortunately, when WinSCU saved the file, it removed all carriage returns and left only linefeeds. E02 expects carriage returns at the end of a line and ignores linefeed, thus, the entire file was regarded as a single line that started with a comment marker (which is interpreted as something to be ignored). I will probably change this soon enough, but aside from the fact that it doesn't seem to merit another full program update, I will still be unable to rebuild for Mac for several days anyway. I have reuploaded a proper "mmtt.gdf" file with carriage returns, and have redownloaded it to confirm that it does work

Since the nonfunctional update, there have been a significant number of downloads, and I now know that each one of them could not possibly have been working, even though I've only received one report to that effect, and with no follow-up, had no reason not to assume it was only a temporary connection fluke. I wish I had been made aware sooner, but regardless, I apologize for the issue, and hope that everyone that had been interested before will now redownload the working version

There are two ways to get the program working again, and both involve finding the corrupted .gdf file. First, find "mmtt.gdf" in the "gdf" folder. One method would be to rename the file, create a new text file called "mmtt.gdf", copy the contents of the old file, paste them into the new file, and save (copying it to a new file SHOULD avoid any text editor assuming that leaving out CR again is the proper thing to do), OR, delete "mmtt.gdf" entirely and just redownload the game

I should be able to avoid this issue in the future, and I hope that you will forgive the inconvenience

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
  • Run Little puppy!!! Run!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 04:37:37 PM
don't worry, we are here to show u some ideas and bugs/errors  :D
i hope you can fix it soon.
(sry for my stupid english i'm spanish)

oh yokuman seeing the contest: "Upon acceptance the character becomes locked for use only with "Mega Man: Triple Threat" and cannot be used for any other fan game" This is a very bad notice... hope too that yoku man will be in the game, because i love him! YOKU YOKU!

BANANA INVASION IS COMING!!! OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! ToT                                                                                                                                       

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 12:57:24 AM
Oh in that case I suppose I'll step back from submitting him then. Well it was worth a shot.

Offline Stealth

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 02:07:34 AM
don't worry, we are here to show u some ideas and bugs/errors  :D
i hope you can fix it soon.
(sry for my stupid english i'm spanish)
You were the only one to have submitted a report :P
Thanks for that, I don't know why nobody else mentioned it after with there having been about 80 downloads. Next time, though, the report needs to be a bit more thorough and clear. Such as in this case - If you downloaded it more than once (by deleting E02 and trying again, for example), that would have been helpful to know. Also, vague comments like "it doesn't work" don't really help very much.. I now assume that you meant that you got the same error on both the PSP and the Wii. If you had said that, I might have caught on quicker. It's a bit more difficult to troubleshoot without an abundance of information

oh yokuman seeing the contest: "Upon acceptance the character becomes locked for use only with "Mega Man: Triple Threat" and cannot be used for any other fan game" This is a very bad notice...
That's meant to protect originality. Obviously we can't prevent idea clashes with projects we have no involvement in (which has already happened a few times, it's very frustrating), but given that we want as much of our game to be unique as possible, we want to ensure that to a certain degree by letting the submitters know, and having them agree to that. Including the notice in the submission rules lets people know up-front so they can choose not to participate if they have other plans for their ideas. We also plan on making absolutely sure every submitter is aware of that clause before accepting anything

Not to worry, though, it looks like Yoku Man is safe to make his rounds elsewhere :P

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 06:41:49 AM
Dr. Ramamo, eh? How will Mega Man be able to stop this new threat?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 09:34:00 AM
Dr. Ramamo, eh? How will Mega Man be able to stop this new threat?
...the same way he solves everything? Pew pew pew

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 07:44:22 PM
I played your first demo. Great stuff. I only wish that the custom artwork resembled the Mega Man 7 style of graphics.

Offline LizSama

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 11:26:40 PM
I played your first demo. Great stuff. I only wish that the custom artwork resembled the Mega Man 7 style of graphics.

could you give me examples?
This is my first time trying to work with graphics for a mega man game and I'd like to improve.  The only thing that really comes to mind is the character select picture, which admittingly, is not based on mm7 but rather the Ariga art style (the neck collars being the most prominant)... Because I <3 him.  :B

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:18 PM
could you give me examples?
This is my first time trying to work with graphics for a mega man game and I'd like to improve.  The only thing that really comes to mind is the character select picture, which admittingly, is not based on mm7 but rather the Ariga art style (the neck collars being the most prominant)... Because I <3 him.  :B
Okay, when I battled the boss of the prologue stage, I found that the artwork on the vid screen Dr. Ramano hacked into doesn't fit with the graphics of Mega Man VII.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 12:05:47 AM
Lava doesnt seem to work the way it should. the way it is now, they work like bottomless pits.

Also, is there supposed to be any way to cross that gap in the intro stage/small place to slide through WITHOUT Bass or Megaman? (as in, Protoman cant slide through the gap at the bottom, or double jump)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.