[sonic slicer] about Sonic

Acid · 221139

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #800 on: February 06, 2014, 08:21:15 PM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #801 on: February 06, 2014, 08:32:07 PM
Well the game play looks good and we finally are able to play as characters other than Sonic though....dat Knux....don't know what to think about him.

Also the music is atrocious, seriously the one thing SEGA should never [tornado fang] up is the music.  Heck that's the only good thing about Sonic 06.  

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #802 on: February 06, 2014, 10:08:45 PM
[youtube]U0a7-1wdDuw[/youtube]

Gameplay looks tight, but the character designs... did they really need to change the characters up like that?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #803 on: February 06, 2014, 10:13:21 PM
Amy's hips won't unsway.  Can't wait to see her triumphant return to Escher Girls.

And Knuckles... back away from the steroids.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #804 on: February 06, 2014, 10:45:00 PM
WOW [tornado fang]ing DUBSTEP. SONIC TOTALLY NEEDS THAT.

Also, Knux looks ridiculous and there's absolutely no reason to change their character designs.

I expect broken, glitchy gameplay.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #805 on: February 06, 2014, 10:48:17 PM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #806 on: February 07, 2014, 12:16:45 AM
THE RIDE GOES ON

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm-AFKUmFw[/youtube]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #807 on: February 07, 2014, 01:42:16 AM
I expect broken, glitchy gameplay.

It's a Sonic game, so that's a guarantee. We'll just have to see what magnitude of glitchiness we get.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #808 on: February 07, 2014, 01:45:40 AM
I am excited to play as a competent Amy again, I miss swinging a hammer around.  And of course Tails and Knuckles as well in a non gimmick gameplay style, though I will miss treasure hunting.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #809 on: February 07, 2014, 02:37:57 AM
I was gonna say as long as there aren't fake ring bombs and invisibility it would be an improvement. But Sega can easily find a new way to screw them up.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #810 on: February 07, 2014, 02:48:51 AM
Sega, or at least Sonic Team, aren't even making this one. It is a spin-off after all. The Wii U version is being made entirely by "Big Red Button Entertainment" which have no prior games under their belt, but apparently their company is largely made of ex-Naughty Dog staff. The inevitable handheld version meanwhile is being done Sanzaru Games whom made the most recent Sly Cooper. Make of that what you will because I ain't played it or any old ND titles. Also the Wii U one in particular is using CryEngine3 if that means anything.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #811 on: February 07, 2014, 03:38:57 AM
though I will miss treasure hunting.
Why would you miss that?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #812 on: February 07, 2014, 03:40:31 AM
Why would you miss that?
I like treasure hunting......

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #813 on: February 07, 2014, 03:47:23 AM
Sega, or at least Sonic Team, aren't even making this one. It is a spin-off after all. The Wii U version is being made entirely by "Big Red Button Entertainment" which have no prior games under their belt, but apparently their company is largely made of ex-Naughty Dog staff. The inevitable handheld version meanwhile is being done Sanzaru Games whom made the most recent Sly Cooper. Make of that what you will because I ain't played it or any old ND titles. Also the Wii U one in particular is using CryEngine3 if that means anything.

Naughty Dog made some really good games like Crash and Jak and Daxter in the past, that gives me some interest in the Wii U version.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #814 on: February 07, 2014, 04:14:51 AM
Naughty Dog made some really good games like Crash and Jak and Daxter in the past, that gives me some interest in the Wii U version.

The Jak series hasn't aged gracefully, as I came to realize after playing the HD Collection. I'd imagine Crash hasn't aged well, either. So, I don't hold high expectations for this.

I would like to say I have faith, since ND created the Uncharted series, but that's a completely different genre and atmosphere from this game.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #815 on: February 07, 2014, 04:36:50 AM
The Jak series hasn't aged gracefully, as I came to realize after playing the HD Collection. I'd imagine Crash hasn't aged well, either. So, I don't hold high expectations for this.

I have to disagree with that, I can still play Crash 1-3 and still appreciate what they did for their time. As for Jak and Daxter I just have a love for the world the creators spun from their loveable characters to it's great sense of humor. Gameplay of both games is quite solid too, not without their issues but that can be said of any game.

Jak 3 is still one of my favorite games. Can't beat that atmosphere in the later half of the story.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #816 on: February 07, 2014, 05:03:44 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the humor and atmosphere of the Jak games. I'm a fan.

But personally, I can't get into the gameplay as much as I used to back on PS2. That's just my opinion. It's certainly playable, but not quite as exciting as before.

Also, I'll have to disagree that every game has gameplay issues. The way I see it, it depends on the player and the game they're playing.

Unless the game is just plain terrible, then there's that.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #817 on: February 07, 2014, 05:16:03 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the humor and atmosphere of the Jak games. I'm a fan.

But personally, I can't get into the gameplay as much as I used to back on PS2. That's just my opinion. It's certainly playable, but not quite as exciting as before.

Also, I'll have to disagree that every game has gameplay issues. The way I see it, it depends on the player and the game they're playing.

Unless the game is just plain terrible, then there's that.

Fair enough, I admit the GTA style open world Jak 2 and 3 used hasn't aged that well and still are kind of an odd design choice.

What I mean by issues though is every game has it's flaws no matter how well made it is, there is always something the creators will miss or some minor or major misstep in design, like you said though it's more obvious in some games than others.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #818 on: February 07, 2014, 06:19:51 AM

Well the last Sly game and the HD collection were rather decent for what they were, and they aren't dimps so okay.

Out of the redesigns... Amy's is good but the others aren't so, Knux is the worst, because holy [tornado fang] that head on that body just doesn't work.

Oh yeah also the [tornado fang]ing sports tape fetish has to go. Everybody looks like they got into a serious [tornado fang]ing accident or burned their hands.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #819 on: February 07, 2014, 06:45:41 AM
I kinda like Knux's design. It works, what with him being the power type all the time. he's also the only one i'm alright with having bandages/sports tape, because ok, ok, fighter, punching things, replace the boxing mitts with tape, alright i'll buy it. I can imagine a Knuckles like that playing like the werehog did in Unleashed.

Sonic is the worst for me. I don't mind the blue arms, i don't mind the scarf, (though it feels out of place, could prolly be another color that complements the blue, like an actual bright red instead of that brownish [parasitic bomb])

his legs are actually LONGER, which was already an issue with the design since 06, and the bandages have got to go on him. That [parasitic bomb]'s stupid

Eggman's redesign... Well, I'ts not bad, he gives me an old fashioned villain vibe with that jacket. But it seems he's a member of the same gym Knuckles has been lifting at, because not only is he no longer egg shaped at all, but he's buff and top heavy. He looks like the guy from Despicable me as far as body shape now.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #820 on: February 07, 2014, 06:48:16 AM
I'm glad they didn't go the stupid route and make these designs the only ones that'll be in use. Sonic Boom and the tie-in game will be a side thing so we'll still have the normal designs.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #821 on: February 07, 2014, 06:52:33 AM
Dear Sega,

Please don't [tornado fang] up Sonic soundtracks with dubstep.

Way past cool,
Protoman Blues

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #822 on: February 07, 2014, 07:01:50 AM
They've taken iconic and simple designs and made them needlessly complicated.  The only thing I like about them are the faces.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #823 on: February 07, 2014, 07:06:28 AM
They've taken iconic and simple designs and made them needlessly complicated.  The only thing I like about them are the faces.

Yeah, the tape thing is the main issue, its like a belts n' zippers deal.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #824 on: February 07, 2014, 07:08:16 AM
You know, besides the bandage/tape [parasitic bomb], I do like Tails' design. It fits him.

It's everyone else that bothers me.

Yeah, the tape thing is the main issue, its like a belts n' zippers deal.

Except not quite as bad as the belts/zippers thing. Nomura went [tornado fang]ing overboard with that.

Donald's HAT has zippers.