• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #575 on: December 15, 2012, 10:42:43 PM
Anyone remember Blue Sphere?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izVtTcq_his[/youtube]

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #576 on: December 15, 2012, 11:37:44 PM
Who could forget? That was a good one, it got ever more difficult but never felt outright impossible.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #577 on: December 16, 2012, 12:09:07 AM
I still have the S&K cartridge and a Genesis 3 (the "new" Genesis model that unfortunately doesn't support the Sega CD), so there's no way I could forget Blue Spheres. :3

-EDIT-
I've been skimming some of older posts here, and I gotta ask: would anyone be surprised if The Dark Brotherhood made a return? If not, well then -- Sonic: The Dark Brotherhood, we hardly knew ye...

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #578 on: December 16, 2012, 02:40:41 AM
Yeah, there's a lot of potential in Dark Brotherhood, but alas it's no Super Mario RPG. Maybe if they included Gemerl, did some re-writes and essentially write it like a Sonic Adventure game, work out the battle system, then you would have had a solid RPG.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #579 on: December 16, 2012, 03:16:12 AM
Yeah, there's a lot of potential in Dark Brotherhood, but alas it's no Super Mario RPG. Maybe if they included Gemerl, did some re-writes and essentially write it like a Sonic Adventure game, work out the battle system, then you would have had a solid RPG.

Except there was plenty of problems with Brotherhood.
Gemerl doesn't need to be in it, stop saying things like that.
The writing was fine, I mean, it is BioWare, after all.
The battle system was crap, just needs to be scrapped.

But the main problem?

THE MUSIC.
Shitty FAN MADE MIDI's of songs from Sonic CD JP, Sonic 3D Blast (Both Genesis and Saturn) found off the internet and run through a filter that makes them sound like NES music.
I like NES Music Fine, but it sounds like they didn't bother making it sound even remotely good.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #580 on: December 16, 2012, 04:12:19 AM
You know what's really tragic?
This game was supposed to have a REAL soundtrack at one point, but then suddenly something happened and they had to resort to them midis.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #581 on: December 16, 2012, 04:39:35 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze_uxxFJTvE[/youtube]

This was pretty interesting to watch. I personally always just went with the "speed of sound" thing given the little sonic boom effect visible in Unleashed - Generations.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #582 on: December 16, 2012, 04:58:22 AM
You know what's really tragic?
This game was supposed to have a REAL soundtrack at one point, but then suddenly something happened and they had to resort to them midis.

I believe that something was them running out of time to release the game.

When did the game come out again? Lets see...

Oh, September of 2008.

Here I thought it would've been November or December. You know, christmas rush, same thing that ruined 06.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #583 on: December 16, 2012, 05:10:00 AM
[spoiler=Video][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze_uxxFJTvE[/youtube][/spoiler]

This was pretty interesting to watch. I personally always just went with the "speed of sound" thing given the little sonic boom effect visible in Unleashed - Generations.

Funny how I watched the Vsauce3 one about a week ago. And FINALLY I'm not the only one that think Robotnik's (even Tails from Sonic '06) running speed is retarded compared Sonic. Just remembering trying to spin-dash to catch him in Sonic 2 on my Genesis was annoying (not even debug mode and Super Sonic can't outrun the portly scientist).

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #584 on: December 16, 2012, 07:28:35 AM
Except there was plenty of problems with Brotherhood.
Gemerl doesn't need to be in it, stop saying things like that.
The writing was fine, I mean, it is BioWare, after all.
The battle system was crap, just needs to be scrapped.

I mean, it could have built up with cream and all, considering that Emerl's origin was explained thoroughly, and Gmerl would've been the neat little insult to injury to the brotherhood's part, given their tech fell into Eggman's hands AND fixed by Tails to be Cream's perfect playdate, only to be insulted by the elemental gizoid twins on how "inferior" he is, as bioware stories always seemed to have a neat little subplot to them, at least I think as I feel that the writers didin't go all-out as they would have liked.

The Battle System.. Eh, it could be a bit better by scrapping it, then re-working it from the ground up to match the speed of Sonic the Fighters. For the music, eeeh, it was mostly forgettabe midi remakes.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #585 on: December 16, 2012, 08:41:38 AM
I will never understand the concept about a character who's games are about being fast, in a turn based RPG. I mean, of all the kinds of RPG battle systems, turn based was what they chose?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #586 on: December 16, 2012, 09:45:31 AM
If anything, it should have more fast-paced action. Which us why I hope that dream SatAM game project will become a reality someday. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #587 on: December 16, 2012, 06:11:25 PM
I will never understand the concept about a character who's games are about being fast, in a turn based RPG. I mean, of all the kinds of RPG battle systems, turn based was what they chose?

That is the exact reason I'm staying far away from this game.

Although the prospect of a Sonic RPG isn't the most appealing thing in the world to me anyway. Hey. At least they didn't choose a tactical RPG.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #588 on: December 16, 2012, 06:31:11 PM
Then there are RPGs like Kingdom Hearts and Disgaea (A sonic sRPG would have worked better given it's HUUUGE cast). Those are pretty fast for RPGs (TWEWY is pretty fast-paced too), and maybe if they made a battle system more like those, Dark Brotherhood wouldn't have that problem.

Little known fact: Ocean Palace's stage has bits of Sonic's theme, "It Doesn't Matter", just gotta keep 'dat ear out for it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 02:32:08 AM by Gaia »

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #589 on: January 11, 2013, 12:38:43 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtCtQpclpY8[/youtube]

"WAY PAST COOL HUH?"

this is just too much for me I gave up after that line

Archer

Reply #590 on: January 11, 2013, 12:41:26 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtCtQpclpY8[/youtube]

"WAY PAST COOL HUH?"

this is just too much for me I gave up after that line

That. Was. So. Horrible.

No, no, it was beyond horrible, it was [tornado fang]ing ATROCIOUS.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #591 on: January 11, 2013, 03:55:23 AM
So.. Many.. Gammas..  o-O

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #592 on: January 11, 2013, 05:09:41 AM
Eh, Eggman massproduced Gammas in SA2 already. Not quite too new. Im more impressed by the entire fleet of Egg Carriers.

Also, haha, cheesy, but in a fun way. The way past cool line just didnt match up too well with the Sonic model. I would've expected a pose there or something, but the issue is he just kinda stands there while saying it.

Robotnik kills it, (lol, this may suffer from Mega Man Syndrome, where Wily stole the show- though given Sonic is totally far out as well, it's safe to say Sonic will be more memorable as a character than Mega Man was. Most of the other actors (particularly that G.U.N. crew) are kind of meh, but they get an A for effort.

The model wasn't too bad, I can see they wanted to really give the impression of spines. The mouth is what seems too wide sometimes. And at some scenes the model is somewhat jittery while performing a standstill action, like getting up. I also hope he sort of works it a little to give more of an impression of speed, particularly while he's just running. a little motion blur on the sonic model can fix that. He also needs a few more sounds to him, particularly while landing on stuff, be it the ground or robots, since he just doesnt SOUND very weighty enough.

The cameos gave me a good laugh though. Real amusing.

ooooone little thing though:

[spoiler]KNUCKLES HAS FINGERS WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN. BLASPHEMYYYYYY ALSO THE HELL YOU DOING IN GREEN HILL ZONE KNUCKLES GO BACK TO THE MASTER EMERALD BEFORE IT SHATTERS AGAIN[/spoiler]

Other than that, for a fan film with presumably a similar budget to Mega Man, not too bad. I can dig it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #593 on: January 11, 2013, 05:18:58 AM
Also the James "AVGN" Rolfe and Douglas "Nostalgia Critic" Walker cameos. XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #594 on: January 12, 2013, 12:19:10 AM
Eh, Eggman massproduced Gammas in SA2 already. Not quite too new. Im more impressed by the entire fleet of Egg Carriers.

Yeah, but unlike this batch, they were at least distinct from E-102 himself (they had two arm cannons and did not have the "E-102" signature on one of the sides) and made sense as they were guard robos in THAT game and not an all-purpose army. He saved that for the more cheap Egg-Pawns, one of his mainstays in Eggman's forces.

The Egg Carrier fleet was an interesting idea though, I'll give you that. A double-callback to the Egg Fleet in Heroes and Egg Carrier in SA.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #595 on: January 12, 2013, 12:30:16 AM
Yeah, but unlike this batch, they were at least distinct from E-102 himself

Except for their color scheme.
Which is why people call them gamma.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #596 on: January 12, 2013, 01:17:38 AM
Well, Eggman probably KNEW about this for some reason (went to the crash site of EggCarrier I and checked for gamma's remains maybe?) And built them to look like the original prototype model to take advantage of them being more open to Gamma than most other creations at the time, or based them off of Gamma's initial success during the tests.

And there should've been a Portal mod where you can play as Gamma. Whatever material went to him is pretty durable, as most robots were destroyed in a single hit.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #597 on: February 08, 2013, 03:32:08 AM
Barely news worthy, but whatever.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #598 on: February 08, 2013, 06:20:46 AM
They've tried twice to make Sonic Adventure 3.

One failed dismally, the other ended up a completely different game.

third time's the charm?

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #599 on: February 08, 2013, 06:23:51 AM
where's my [tornado fang]ing Knuckles Chaotix 2 already GODDAMN.