[sonic slicer] about Sonic

Acid · 221253

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #500 on: May 19, 2012, 04:13:57 PM
Vix: Still, there was far less leeway in that one than the others. Retry option helped too.

RMZX: Tails does that when you hit the call button. Which is useless in single player cause you activate a team command with Tails being anywhere on or off screen. So it sounds like your R2 or RT or whatever button might be on the fritz.

But I'm hitting Square, not R2.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #501 on: May 19, 2012, 07:54:11 PM
How far are you into the game? Cause you actually can't use the moves right away. Can't team swim until Sylvania 2 and you can't team roll until Sylvania 3.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #502 on: May 19, 2012, 07:57:20 PM
How far are you into the game? Cause you actually can't use the moves right away. Can't team swim until Sylvania 2 and you can't team roll until Sylvania 3.

I just beat Sylvania.
I feel rather [tornado fang]ing stupid now, though it is dumb that you have to "Unlock" the team skills.
They should've made that more clear.

Though, I will ask, is it even possible to collect all the rings in Special Stage 1 with one player? I know speeding up allows you to grab rings to the side of you, but there's an area at the beginning of the third section where I've tried constantly to grab them all (Right before the first set of electric things.) and I keep missing 5 or 6 of them in one of the sets.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #503 on: May 19, 2012, 09:23:16 PM
On that part you're supposed to go slow.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #504 on: May 19, 2012, 09:31:02 PM
On that part you're supposed to go slow.

Huh, I'll give that a try later.

That worked, 314 is such an odd number to collect.

Also beat the game, still missing 6 Red Rings and a couple of trophies (Which I can safely say I won't be getting, Don't really feel like playing the entire game again to get Endurance Run, really don't want to experience the frustration of beating all the bosses with Super Sonic, ESPECIALLY The Oil Desert and Final Boss. And I really don't feel like playing Multiplayer, even if I can just do it by myself. I'll collect the rest of the red rings, but that's probably it.)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #505 on: May 20, 2012, 08:51:39 PM
I don't think I'd bother trying to get all of the rings in every special stage, although you nearly have to in the last one.

Seriously?  That seventh emerald took me something like thirty tries.  The goals are 150, 350, and 500.  If you want to beat the stage, you can't pass the first goal with anything less than 165 rings, or the second one with anything less than 425.  I think the final portion of the stage only has 80 rings in it total, so if you try to pass the second goal with the bare minimum of rings, you're [tornado fang]'d.

I did come up with a good strategy for it though!  Specifically, the second section.  It'll have you jump over a few sets of bombs to get the tag team tether.  Once you've done that, pick up all the rings you can while dodging the bombs for a few turns, then you'll come up on a long strip of rings in the center of the half pipe with bombs on the outsides.  Immediately after, a long strip of bombs in the center of the half pipe with rings on the outsides (with one row of bombs across the very end of the ring path, which you have to jump over).  After that is another row of rings down the center of the pipe, with a single row of bombs blocking your path at the start of it.  The game expects you to jump over the bombs, but run into them instead.  It sounds crazy, but that row of rings has at least 6 10-ring bonuses in it, and if you jump over the bombs you go right past them.  So if you hit that strip with say, 225 rings, you can come out of it with nearly 300

After that, if you hug the left side of the half pipe to avoid the next few sets of bombs and pick up the tag team tether in the center of the pipe (right after you're forced to jump over a set of bombs from one edge to the other), you can speed up and loop around the pipe beyond that's lined with rings.  The tether grabs enough of them to put you well over 400 if you manage to dodge the bombs at the end of the pipe (which is annoyingly difficult actually, but not impossible).

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #506 on: May 20, 2012, 09:20:11 PM
I had better luck with Special Stage 7 than I did with 6.

6 took me like 5 or 6 tries, 7 only took 3.

I honestly thought they were going to be terrible like S2's stages, but instead I really liked them.

I thought the bosses would be better though, I really hated Oil Desert's boss (And all climbing bosses, they aren't fun.), And while the final boss wasn't terrible, I'm still having issues understanding how Super Sonic is weaker than the rolling combo when it came to the bosses shield.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #507 on: May 20, 2012, 10:26:45 PM
Yeah, I don't get that either.  I guess they didn't want you to be able to cheese your way through it with Super Sonic (which, really, is the entire point of Super Sonic).

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #508 on: May 30, 2012, 10:16:13 PM
Yeah, I don't get that either.  I guess they didn't want you to be able to cheese your way through it with Super Sonic (which, really, is the entire point of Super Sonic).

I remember reading something saying that it was possible to do that in Beta 8 (Which was the Steam Leak.) So the fact that they changed that is rather [tornado fang]ing stupid.

Posted on: May 20, 2012, 09:47:30 PM
Ah, before I forget about it.

The guy who made the Professor Pickle in Unleashed Mod made another.
Behold... Pele The Beloved Dog in Sonic 2006.

I would just embed it, but the video descriptions are half of the fun.

Posted on: May 20, 2012, 10:16:41 PM
I guess Sonic Adventure 2 might be coming to XBLA soon.
Major Nelson leaked a release of Avatar Items slated for June 5th, that later was mysteriously removed (Probably Sega).

Just in time for Sonic's 21st?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #509 on: May 30, 2012, 10:31:59 PM
Adventure 2 might be coming to XBLA soon.
Major Nelson leaked a release of Avatar Items slated for June 5th, that later was mysteriously removed (Probably Sega).

Just in time for Sonic's 21st?
Have them release it on PC.
I don't want to [tornado fang] around with emulation no more.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #510 on: May 30, 2012, 10:52:12 PM
Have them release it on PC.
I don't want to [tornado fang] around with emulation no more.

Chances are it'll be the same deal they had with Adventure 1, it'll come out on PSN and PC too.
I want the original DC version with Adventure 1 style Emerald Radar.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #511 on: May 31, 2012, 06:50:46 PM
Hah, good luck with that.

Then again, maybe they WILL fix it.  The emerald radar was [tornado fang]ing terrible in SA2... although they didn't touch it in SA2B, did they?

The Other Side

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #512 on: May 31, 2012, 09:08:43 PM
Yeah, Emerald Radar was identical in SA2B.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #513 on: June 20, 2012, 10:20:27 PM
http://digiex.net/content/355-sonic-adventure-2-remaster-xbla-psn-coming-october-3rd.html

Sonic Adventure 2 Remaster confirmed~! XBLA/PSN, October 3rd! There probably will be rank-based trophies involved too. =w=

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #514 on: June 20, 2012, 10:58:51 PM
http://digiex.net/content/355-sonic-adventure-2-remaster-xbla-psn-coming-october-3rd.html

Sonic Adventure 2 Remaster confirmed~! XBLA/PSN, October 3rd! There probably will be rank-based trophies involved too. =w=
Finally, Rouge can bouncy-bouncy in HD. owo

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #515 on: June 20, 2012, 11:17:17 PM

That life counter head is much different than the usual one.

I wonder if the Big Cameos are going to be intact or cut out like the GCN version.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #516 on: June 21, 2012, 12:02:03 AM
There's potential in this HD remastering that I'm hoping Sega is seeing. They can improve on these areas the HD version for a start:
- The camera, of course
- The controls
- Re-do all the game's cutscenes and English voice-overs
- Update the character models
- Make the mini-games like the racing mini-game actually fun (and fix how the cars handle in general so they don't feel like you're driving an ice cube on a ceramic plate)
- Fix all the annoying bugs and glitchy-ness of the original game
- Playable Amy Rose (?)
- Online multiplayer (for the chao races, chao fighting, the racing mini-game, etc.)
- The game gives you character-based themes for your system of choice after unlocking them

That's so far what I can think of at the top of my head.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #517 on: June 21, 2012, 12:30:30 AM
I dunno. Id rather keep the original voices. Unless they hire as many of the original VA's as possible. I mean, I really preferred this Sonic and Shadow. :P

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #518 on: June 21, 2012, 12:43:33 AM
- The camera, of course
Nope.
- The controls
Not gonna happen.
- Re-do all the game's cutscenes and English voice-overs
They pissed off the old VA's, they won't fix this.
- Update the character models
They have the GCN models, they're going to use those (Except for 2P Default models, those will still be Low-Poly unless they decide to fix that.)
- Make the mini-games like the racing mini-game actually fun (and fix how the cars handle in general so they don't feel like you're driving an ice cube on a ceramic plate)
Why would they fix something if its "authentic to the DC version"
- Fix all the annoying bugs and glitchy-ness of the original game
You cannot be serious.
- Playable Amy Rose (?)
She's in Multiplayer and doesn't serve a purpose other than being a clone of Sonic, why bother?
- Online multiplayer (for the chao races, chao fighting, the racing mini-game, etc.)
I doubt they would go so far as to include something outside of a shitty leaderboard.
- The game gives you character-based themes for your system of choice after unlocking them
How would they accomplish that on the PS3?

I understand that Sega is trying to amend their [tornado fang]-ups with the first Dreamcast batch (Like no Widescreen in Sonic Adventure, Soundtrack for Crazy Taxi completely removed), but they're not going to completely rework the game from the ground up.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #519 on: June 21, 2012, 12:59:32 AM
All I'm worried about is the difficulty of the trophychievements. If it's like SA & DX DLC, then it means you have to collect every emblem again by getting the highest rank, and also reach Green Hill Zone. =w=;;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #520 on: June 21, 2012, 01:41:10 AM
I'm really not looking forward to doing the Tails/Rouge Driving missions while getting all A ranks again. I hate that "Don't hit the walls" mission.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #521 on: June 21, 2012, 07:42:31 PM
I'm really not looking forward to doing the Tails/Rouge Driving missions while getting all A ranks again. I hate that "Don't hit the walls" mission.

Oh, those side-mission... nothing but bad memories and torture... *bangs head against the TV screen* Hence, bulletpoint No. 5.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #522 on: June 22, 2012, 06:30:24 AM
The nightmares of getting every single emblem haunt me when I think about SA2, although the good times manage to overrule them. Green Hill Zone wasn't worth it all, though.

Considering it's coming to Xbox Live Arcade and, if a single screenshot of a 2P button prompt showing a Playstation button icon is true, Playstation Network, I get the feeling something or another is going to be omitted. Chao Garden's GBA features is an obvious one. And they managed to keep the cutscenes the same for the (albeit otherwise crummy) Sonic Adventure 1 port.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #523 on: June 22, 2012, 01:33:34 PM
The nightmares of getting every single emblem haunt me when I think about SA2, although the good times manage to overrule them. Green Hill Zone wasn't worth it all, though.

Considering it's coming to Xbox Live Arcade and, if a single screenshot of a 2P button prompt showing a Playstation button icon is true, Playstation Network, I get the feeling something or another is going to be omitted. Chao Garden's GBA features is an obvious one. And they managed to keep the cutscenes the same for the (albeit otherwise crummy) Sonic Adventure 1 port.

Maybe they can make an app for mobile devices so they can connect via Xbox Smartglass for the XBLA version? That's just me guessing...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #524 on: June 23, 2012, 10:19:19 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Molvpb3YuD4[/youtube]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.