[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z-j-8e4rIw[/youtube]

brb hacking my PS3

EDIT: Here's one with a better view of Midget Pickle

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #476 on: April 19, 2012, 04:11:23 AM
I knew the comments would be hillarious.

"This is What happens when Professor Pickle Gets Coffee instead of tea"

"I guess someone told Professor Pickle that there was a cucumber sandwich at the goal ring."

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #477 on: April 24, 2012, 04:35:19 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #478 on: April 24, 2012, 04:53:51 AM
Lets see...

Dimps usual lack of attention to physics noticable in the water running segment (When Sonic jumps all momentum is completely reset)
The music is just a really bad sounding remix of Aquatic Ruin (Which already wasn't exactly a great song to begin with, IMO) EDIT: Okay I guess that isn't the real music. The music still reeks of MIDI.
The stages still appear to be prerendered garbage instead of true Polygons (The logs, folks)
Its [tornado fang]ing Aquatic Ruin. [tornado fang] Aquatic Ruin.

I would say its the Sonic Cycle all over again, but to be fair I don't think anybody was anticipating Sonic 4 E2 after E1 failed to impress.

The Special stages don't look too bad though, Tails doesn't have his movement delay from S2 anymore, and it kind of reminds me of 3D Blast's Saturn Bonus stages as opposed to Sonic 2's rendition.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #479 on: April 24, 2012, 07:05:21 PM
I'm actually diggin' this zone. I'm glad those looping warp rings made an appearance, only they're less loopy than before. First Act of this seemed boring to me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tir-f8Hm9Zo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg7WouzTf8A&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #480 on: April 24, 2012, 07:15:36 PM
Lets see...

Dimps usual lack of attention to physics noticable in the water running segment (When Sonic jumps all momentum is completely reset)
The music is just a really bad sounding remix of Aquatic Ruin (Which already wasn't exactly a great song to begin with, IMO) EDIT: Okay I guess that isn't the real music. The music still reeks of MIDI.
The stages still appear to be prerendered garbage instead of true Polygons (The logs, folks)
Its [tornado fang]ing Aquatic Ruin. [tornado fang] Aquatic Ruin.

I would say its the Sonic Cycle all over again, but to be fair I don't think anybody was anticipating Sonic 4 E2 after E1 failed to impress.

The Special stages don't look too bad though, Tails doesn't have his movement delay from S2 anymore, and it kind of reminds me of 3D Blast's Saturn Bonus stages as opposed to Sonic 2's rendition.

Aside from the underwater segments and certain traps, Aquatic Ruin wasn't bad at all. And since it's the first zone, it's not going to be as difficult as AR was in Sonic 2. The logs aren't prerendered, if you stop the video at the right moments it's definitely polygons. And while the whole physics thing will probably never be perfect, at least they're improving from Episode 1.

Also, the music does bug me. Jun can't seem to capture the catchiness and character of the Genesis-era music with these new songs. A perfect comparison is to this Stardust Speedway remix, which is used in the game but sounds so radically different from the rest of the soundtrack:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hFSWi2msGo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #481 on: April 24, 2012, 11:55:37 PM
Aside from the underwater segments and certain traps, Aquatic Ruin wasn't bad at all. And since it's the first zone, it's not going to be as difficult as AR was in Sonic 2. The logs aren't prerendered, if you stop the video at the right moments it's definitely polygons. And while the whole physics thing will probably never be perfect, at least they're improving from Episode 1.

Also, the music does bug me. Jun can't seem to capture the catchiness and character of the Genesis-era music with these new songs. A perfect comparison is to this Stardust Speedway remix, which is used in the game but sounds so radically different from the rest of the soundtrack:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hFSWi2msGo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

No, no. Its not that Aquatic Ruin was hard.
I just hate it.
I hate the music, I hate the design, I hate running along just to get hit by Grounder, and its just so [tornado fang]ing boring.
Sandopolis is another one I don't like, same with Oil Ocean (But both of those are just related to Music and Layout over anything else, I really can't stand the "Egyptian" sounding music.)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #482 on: April 25, 2012, 03:48:05 AM
I really just dont like some of the instruments in Sonic 4. They make the music sound more annoying than it should.

for example

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCtXDkMX9Ss[/youtube]

Genesis style, Splash hill dont sound that bad. But the way it sounds IN game, just sounds terrible, I really hate Sonic 4's instruments so much.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #483 on: May 05, 2012, 07:49:46 PM
I just completed Sonic Generations. Replayed a bit of Sonic Rush Adventure. I like Rush Adventure better.

The first few levels of Generations I liked, Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary are a few. But it went downhill from there. And the final boss was boring, not to mention they literally repeated "It's a homing attack!" 80 times over and over again. The best thing going for it is all the nostalgic music you could use during the levels.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #484 on: May 07, 2012, 05:03:27 AM
I just completed Sonic Generations. Replayed a bit of Sonic Rush Adventure. I like Rush Adventure better.

The first few levels of Generations I liked, Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary are a few. But it went downhill from there. And the final boss was boring, not to mention they literally repeated "It's a homing attack!" 80 times over and over again. The best thing going for it is all the nostalgic music you could use during the levels.
Those are the first three levels.

I personally loved Speed Highway.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #485 on: May 07, 2012, 06:05:34 AM
I kinda liked Crisis City classic. the music was real catchy. And theres the troll signpost.

My least favorite is Planet wisp. I have no idea how that level ended up being so annoying. It was fine in Colors.

Yeah, final boss is really bad.

Other bosses were real cool though.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #486 on: May 08, 2012, 12:33:29 AM
^I got the 3DS version so I never encounter the "It's a homing attack" 80 times or so... plus I think the 3DS version had a much more fun battle against the Final Boss unlike the the console version I saw on YouTube.

Also, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2 is already out? I have to check it out if that's the case!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #487 on: May 08, 2012, 04:10:58 AM
^I got the 3DS version so I never encounter the "It's a homing attack" 80 times or so... plus I think the 3DS version had a much more fun battle against the Final Boss unlike the the console version I saw on YouTube.

Also, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 2 is already out? I have to check it out if that's the case!

May 15th.

The videos are from Beta 8, which was accidentally sold on Steam for a small period of time.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #488 on: May 08, 2012, 06:31:22 AM
May 15th.

The videos are from Beta 8, which was accidentally sold on Steam for a small period of time.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the update!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #489 on: May 15, 2012, 10:43:28 PM
Sonic 4: Episode 2 is out for PSN Today.

I can't pick it up yet, for obvious I-don't-have-the-PS3-where-I-am-right-now reasons.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #490 on: May 16, 2012, 06:30:10 PM
Playing it too, on XBLA. ^^

Will collect everything soon.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #491 on: May 16, 2012, 11:04:44 PM
It's a pretty good game. Not spectacular, the bosses are kinda dull sometimes, and some of the physics feel awkward after playing Generations, but overall it's better than Ep1. The last special stage is absolutely brutal.

Episode Metal ain't bad either, just really short, and surprisingly difficult.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #492 on: May 17, 2012, 03:17:07 AM
Wasn't it the routine to make Special Stage 7 the hardest one (depends on one's viewpoint in each game)?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #493 on: May 17, 2012, 03:41:05 AM
Well yeah, but this one spikes in difficulty a lot more than past Sonics.

No damage clearing some of the bosses was annoying, mostly cause you have to use Super Sonic wisely. But I did it, got 11 out of the 12 achievements so far. All that's left is to play a bunch of stages as Tails.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #494 on: May 19, 2012, 03:55:20 AM
So I just got E2.

Is there some reason why Tails is apparently a [tornado fang]ing ghost? I want to do the team combos and all he does is run into me (or jump into me) and become see-through.

To think I wasted $15 bucks on this just to have THE MAIN GIMMICK completely drop out on me.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #495 on: May 19, 2012, 05:58:04 AM
The last special stage is absolutely brutal.
this one spikes in difficulty a lot more than past Sonics.

It wasn't as hard to beat it when you figured out that the rope that sticks to Sonic and Tails is also able to touch rings. Before the third part of the stage, I manage to get 480+ rings, then just pick the last 20 rings to get the emerald. XD

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #496 on: May 19, 2012, 06:47:20 AM
Vix: Still, there was far less leeway in that one than the others. Retry option helped too.

RMZX: Tails does that when you hit the call button. Which is useless in single player cause you activate a team command with Tails being anywhere on or off screen. So it sounds like your R2 or RT or whatever button might be on the fritz.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #497 on: May 19, 2012, 09:00:27 AM
If they make an Episode 3, the special stage will either be a globe to get grab all the blue balls minus Sonic's or run down a bridge collecting rings.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #498 on: May 19, 2012, 09:46:55 AM
run down a bridge collecting rings.
I suddenly imagined that special stage on 3DS and it was somewhat glorious. XD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #499 on: May 19, 2012, 11:31:27 AM
It wasn't as hard to beat it when you figured out that the rope that sticks to Sonic and Tails is also able to touch rings.

the rope that sticks to Sonic and Tails is also able to touch rings.

is also able to touch rings.

GOD DAMMIT.

I barely scraped through that last stage with exactly 500 rings <_>