Acid · 223275

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #275 on: August 26, 2011, 01:09:18 AM
Well who knows, widescreen maybe for the Widescreen TV users... Though I'm not sure who uses a Widescreen TV. Also it might be for certain android phones as well.

TBH, I played CD's PC port first, so this might be a fun experince to play it on a console, aside from the Gems Collection.  :)

wow. Sega's been on such a roll lately, there really is nothing to [sonic slicer] about.

Can we [sonic slicer] about how bad some of the origionals are in Sonic X? I really want to just finally get that off my chest for sometime now.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #276 on: August 26, 2011, 02:02:19 AM
In total its coming out for the 360, PS3, PC, Iphone/ITouch/IPad (Which the original fan app was designed for), and Android.

Wii doesn't get [parasitic bomb] thanks to small size limits. No Sega CD Virtual Console ever.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: August 26, 2011, 02:05:53 AM
I liked the US Music for CD. I wonder if there could be on option? I mean, both soundtracks are great...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: August 26, 2011, 11:33:55 AM
Bah, I don't need an Xbox for this! ahaha
I already have the PC and Gems versions, though it's nice to see it in HD...?

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: August 26, 2011, 03:44:01 PM
I love CD's special stages so much. they are so.. interesting.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: August 26, 2011, 04:50:25 PM
Yeshhh, so do I. Even when you get right near the UFO, and it just zips around you XD

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #281 on: August 26, 2011, 05:38:34 PM
The special stage was about the only thing worthwhile in Sonic CD. I replayed the game not too long ago, and i never realized how dreadful the stage layout was. You couldn't even run for 10 seconds without there being a badnik or obstacle in your way. It's amazing how you were still able to build enough speed to time travel, usually you had to maneuver your way around the stage. It got annoying, quick. I don't quite remember how the bosses were, but CD had one of the worst thought-out stages in Sonic history.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: August 26, 2011, 06:29:26 PM
I think the stage layout might possibly have been done like that to purposefully make time travel difficult.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: August 26, 2011, 07:22:52 PM
Personally I thought the stage design in CD were among the best.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: August 26, 2011, 07:30:29 PM
CD just feels like a more intresting game to me, I feel like the stages were meant to feel like mazes in a sense.

I mean, sonic games are platformers first. Its just that the 3D games kinda forgot about that.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #285 on: August 26, 2011, 10:28:35 PM
Speaking of 3D, Sonic Adventure is showing its age but it seems that nostalgia made the game look more awesome than it really is. The Mario games were all about gameplay and the plot came in second, not to mention that Nintendo can give two [sonic slicer]s about canon. Not so for the past games, it seemed liked SEGA was trying to make Sonic even 'awesome' while forgetting what had made Sonic so cool in the first place. They kept rehashing the same old Sonic Adventure plot over and over again while the gameplay just took a back seat. SEGA was never know for their particularity wise business decisions but getting rid SEGA USA division was the worst, they actually filtered out some of the more crazier ideas that SEGA implemented for Sonic although they hadn't always succeeded in that regard.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: August 27, 2011, 01:26:25 AM
It's a shame. I actually liked the dark atmosphere that CD had (and Eggman's damn creepy Game Over laugh). And that in itself, is memorable. But the enemies and bouncers were so oddly placed. Literally running into them all time was frustrating. I'd say SEGA improved themselves from then in that regard.

Triple Trouble actually had very interesting concepts that could be brought back. The levels were shorter than Sonic 2 and 3 by comparison, but using item boxes that contained different abilities like speed boards and "pogo-stick" bouncers were fun to use coupled with simple, solid platforming. For whatever reason, i never went back to that game nor have I played it much, but i wish i did. What it did lack in, however, was sufficient speed. Most likely due to system limitations.

I just feel that despite CD being a cult classic, it really is overrated. The ability to travel through past, present and future was cool. Altering things that made a difference. But the layout was indefinitely cluttered. Triple Trouble should be getting more praise than it has, but it's been left to rot in the dust.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: August 27, 2011, 01:41:12 AM
I've only played Triple Trouble once or twice, but I can easily say its, IMO, better than sonic 2.

Those "3D" Special stages though, [tornado fang] them. Almost as bad as Advance 1's Awful Tube stage.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: August 27, 2011, 02:40:18 AM
CD just feels like a more intresting game to me, I feel like the stages were meant to feel like mazes in a sense.

I mean, sonic games are platformers first. Its just that the 3D games kinda forgot about that.
The speed aspect always was your REWARD for mastering the stage. you do good enough, you get rewarded with high speeds.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #289 on: August 27, 2011, 02:50:38 AM
I've only played Triple Trouble once or twice, but I can easily say its, IMO, better than sonic 2.

Those "3D" Special stages though, [tornado fang] them. Almost as bad as Advance 1's Awful Tube stage.

Thanks for reminding me how difficult it is to get that damn last 7th chaos emerald actually. Damn ill-placed bombs, how I hated thye.

Nack was one of the fun parts about Triple Trouble, as I had to fight for the chaos emeralds this time 'round. I wish I could'a still do that without having the special stages try so hard to be Sonic 2. >.>

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #290 on: August 27, 2011, 03:00:10 AM
The speed aspect always was your REWARD for mastering the stage. you do good enough, you get rewarded with high speeds.

I know, I can get good speeds on some stages because I've had more practice with them, and others I can't seem to get as high of speeds (Quartz Quadrant and Tidal Tempest seem to be those levels.)

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #291 on: August 27, 2011, 03:07:53 AM
2/3rds of Sonic CD didn't even need to be designed to begin with. The time travel is completely useless if you're good at the Special Stages.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: August 27, 2011, 05:11:28 AM
Maybe, but it adds extra objective to the game. As well as a gimmick. Destroy the robot making machine in the past, and there will be next to no enemies in the present and future, and destroy the Metal Sonic hologram projector and animals reappear in the stages, and you get the good future.

Also, the objective of getting all good futures.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: August 27, 2011, 09:15:32 AM
Stardust Speedway Zone 3 is my all-time favourite stage... even on Bad Future (but I try to have Time Stones before then).
And about the time travel, you still keep the charge during jumps until the point you land, so there were always spots where you can run for a bit and hurl yourself somewhere.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: August 27, 2011, 05:18:43 PM
Not to mention a few spring traps. (IE: two springs facing each other)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #295 on: October 06, 2011, 05:54:09 PM
For those that missed out (or already knew), here's the teaser trailer for the Sonic Fan Film.
http://bluecorestudios.com/videos/?watch=videos_2_sonic-fan-film-teaser

Sonic looks cool, and Jaleel White still got the way-past-cool 'tude. 8D

Green Hill Zone and Title songs mixed into the teaser music is pretty neat too. ^^

And this one too: http://bluecorestudios.com/videos/?watch=videos_9_sonic-fan-film-teaser-2

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: October 06, 2011, 07:23:45 PM
Wasn't this topic locked?

Anyway, CHAOS LOOKS LIKE [parasitic bomb] IN THE NEW TRAILER

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: October 07, 2011, 03:25:01 AM
I really like Eggman's voice and dialog in that teaser. And of course, Jaleel White is a plus. But Sonic's 3D model makes it look like a new "take" on the Werehog.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: October 08, 2011, 03:26:22 AM
Wow. Eggman is perfect.

Jaleel is also perfect, and although the fuzzy look of the model looks odd, it isnt too bad, and the model DOES look good.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #299 on: October 08, 2011, 04:43:16 AM
You guys are missing the point of this thread, seriously. >_>