[sonic slicer] about Sonic

Acid · 222339

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: September 04, 2010, 01:09:47 AM
Why did Sonic '06 get Platinum Hits anyways? The retarded fanbase who thinks its "T3h b3S7 7|-|iN6 EVAR"? :\
Sonic games sell well regardless of anything really.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: September 04, 2010, 01:25:10 AM
Sonic games sell well regardless of anything really.

Which is why they don't really have to try.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: September 04, 2010, 01:35:06 AM
Which is why they don't really have to try.
Which is why, regardless of how much people are complaining, I actually applaud Sega in their current efforts to make Sonic more respectable.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: September 04, 2010, 01:55:07 AM
Which is why, regardless of how much people are complaining, I actually applaud Sega in their current efforts to make Sonic more respectable.

Spamming Sonic games whether it's mediocre or not?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: September 04, 2010, 01:56:55 AM

It depends. Like I said before, when a waiter constantly fucks up your order, then gets it right, they don't deserve a tip. Most of the time they have to show a constant effort of improvement before respect and trust are given again.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: September 04, 2010, 03:18:57 AM
It depends. Like I said before, when a waiter constantly fucks up your order, then gets it right, they don't deserve a tip. Most of the time they have to show a constant effort of improvement before respect and trust are given again.
Let's look at their options, however.

They COULD shower people with an endless stream of shitty shovelware games that appeal to children, that as long as they had Sonic on the cover, they could have the depth of a browser Flash game from one of those stupid "punch the ponkey" banners. They'd still sell like hotcakes. They have that option. And it's the most logical to them as a company, because honestly, they're on this business to sell, not to make friends.

Not only are they not showering us with mediocre Sonic games every few months as usual, it seems that they are actually putting some work into these two games and listening to the fans, checking the input. They're giving people what they want, and the material so far seems polished. This is very different from the waiter metaphor. Or maybe he's a rich waiter that shouldn't by any means give a crap about you since he's got other people who give him thousands of tips no matter what. =P

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: September 04, 2010, 03:44:19 AM
Let's look at their options, however.

They COULD shower people with an endless stream of shitty shovelware games that appeal to children, that as long as they had Sonic on the cover, they could have the depth of a browser Flash game from one of those stupid "punch the ponkey" banners. They'd still sell like hotcakes. They have that option. And it's the most logical to them as a company, because honestly, they're on this business to sell, not to make friends.

Not only are they not showering us with mediocre Sonic games every few months as usual, it seems that they are actually putting some work into these two games and listening to the fans, checking the input. They're giving people what they want, and the material so far seems polished. This is very different from the waiter metaphor. Or maybe he's a rich waiter that shouldn't by any means give a crap about you since he's got other people who give him thousands of tips no matter what. =P

Or, they could actually get your order right every once in a while, giving you a taste of steak and good service, and then go back to dirty forks, forgetting your appetizer, and giving you well done when you asked for Medium Rare, which is just to keep the customer just intrigued enough to continue coming back for more.

Lets keep another thing in mind though. Listening to one's fanbase is not always the best, and consider how totally bizarre and twisted the Sonic fanbase seems to be, this could still turn out to be a disaster.  And yeah, like I also said, it depends on the customer. Some will still give that waiter a good tip no matter how bad the service is. Other's wont. XD

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: September 04, 2010, 04:00:00 AM
Or, they could actually get your order right every once in a while, giving you a taste of steak and good service, and then go back to dirty forks, forgetting your appetizer, and giving you well done when you asked for Medium Rare, which is just to keep the customer just intrigued enough to continue coming back for more.

This must've happened to you, or you wouldn't have described it in such detail.

Anyway, whats all the love for Secret Rings about? I personally cannot stand playing it as its a game of memorization, and half of the missions just aren't very fun (Keep in mind I stopped playing the game when it switched to Dinosaur World, because WHERE is that in the Arabian Nights? I expected more deserts damnit! I also hate the on rails running dealio, I want full control over my character unless I'm playing something like Star Fox.

Also, the theme. Having to hear the first part of the song OVER AND OVER everytime I go to the menu screen is Annoying as [tornado fang]. I know it gets better later, but I can't stand the first part that I don't even like hearing it. (Which is why I disable it on Brawl.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: September 04, 2010, 04:08:11 AM
This must've happened to you, or you wouldn't have described it in such detail.

Anyway, whats all the love for Secret Rings about? I personally cannot stand playing it as its a game of memorization, and half of the missions just aren't very fun (Keep in mind I stopped playing the game when it switched to Dinosaur World, because WHERE is that in the Arabian Nights? I expected more deserts damnit! I also hate the on rails running dealio, I want full control over my character unless I'm playing something like Star Fox.

Not at all. It's only an example. When it comes to restaurants, if I get EXTREMELY bad service, I stiff them on the tip and never go back again.

Also, keep in mind, I'm not one of the people who hates Sonic. I liked the Rush games, Unleashed (both reg. & Werehog modes), and I loved Secret Rings & liked Blackest Night...err Black Knight.  I was actually disappointed with Black Knight because it wasn't on rails. I think they should've kept the storybook series on rails, just to make it unique and different. They simply should've fixed the only two issues I had with it; grinding & moving backwards.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #159 on: September 04, 2010, 04:11:03 AM
I did also like the RPG.. just not it's music.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: September 04, 2010, 04:57:06 AM
Not at all. It's only an example. When it comes to restaurants, if I get EXTREMELY bad service, I stiff them on the tip and never go back again.

Also, keep in mind, I'm not one of the people who hates Sonic. I liked the Rush games, Unleashed (both reg. & Werehog modes), and I loved Secret Rings & liked Blackest Night...err Black Knight.  I was actually disappointed with Black Knight because it wasn't on rails. I think they should've kept the storybook series on rails, just to make it unique and different. They simply should've fixed the only two issues I had with it; grinding & moving backwards.
Uh... Black Knight WAS on rails. You couldn't move out of your route. Part of what was horribly wrong about it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: September 04, 2010, 05:01:31 AM
Uh... Black Knight WAS on rails. You couldn't move out of your route. Part of what was horribly wrong about it.

My mistake. What I meant was I wish the controls and handling were still the same, as in you automatically move forward.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: September 04, 2010, 03:45:31 PM
I thought Sonic and the dark brotherhood was alright.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #163 on: September 04, 2010, 04:01:50 PM
I played a little bit of Dark Brotherhood (on emulator), it was decent. Though my question is when is BioWare going to confirm a sequel or not for. All I know is according to the Sonic Wiki, that BioWare is making a script for the game or something, but I haven't checked any sources leading to such statements. And is it me, or does anyone else find the PS2 version of Sonic Heroes sucky?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: September 04, 2010, 04:07:23 PM
My mistake. What I meant was I wish the controls and handling were still the same, as in you automatically move forward.
I would have prefered that too, honestly. But with the analog stick instead of the wii remote to move, since that didn't always work well.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: September 04, 2010, 08:22:19 PM
I would have prefered that too, honestly. But with the analog stick instead of the wii remote to move, since that didn't always work well.

I really had no issue whatsoever with the Wii-Mote handling. But that's were multiple control options are great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: September 04, 2010, 09:35:34 PM
I really had no issue whatsoever with the Wii-Mote handling. But that's were multiple control options are great.
Wiimote handling worked, but for a split-second decision game like Sonic, it's really the worst kind of control you could use.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: September 04, 2010, 09:36:40 PM
Wiimote handling worked, but for a split-second decision game like Sonic, it's really the worst kind of control you could use.

That's what the Time Slow was for! XD

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: September 04, 2010, 09:39:08 PM
That's what the Time Slow was for! XD
Abilities which you can only use once in awhile are no substitute for capable controls. =P

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 PM
Abilities which you can only use once in awhile are no substitute for capable controls. =P

But I found the controls capable.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: September 04, 2010, 10:17:09 PM
But I found the controls capable.
Not for split-second decisions they're not. And the game requires split-second decisions.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: September 04, 2010, 10:31:11 PM
Not for split-second decisions they're not. And the game requires split-second decisions.

Those split second decisions weren't a problem for me. Granted, I didn't get all of them correct all the time, but that comes standard with any Sonic game for the most part.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: September 05, 2010, 06:47:19 AM
I played a little bit of Dark Brotherhood (on emulator), it was decent. Though my question is when is BioWare going to confirm a sequel or not for. All I know is according to the Sonic Wiki, that BioWare is making a script for the game or something, but I haven't checked any sources leading to such statements. And is it me, or does anyone else find the PS2 version of Sonic Heroes sucky?

I played it once.

It runs at half of the speed as the Gamecube version. Its a shitty Porting Job.

And Dark Brotherhood was OK. A little slow, too short, and Shitty MIDI copies of Genesis and Saturn Sonic 3D Blast Music (With an extra thrown in there I think from a different game). There is no excuse for that garbage music. the DS is much more capable.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: September 05, 2010, 01:04:51 PM
I really liked Dark Brotherhood. It had ridiculous low quality in some stuff, such as music, some animations, and the progression challenge level was all over the damn place (stick to WRPGs, Bioware. JRPGs are not for you). But it was the ONE Sonic game with a good story, ever. Once you went into space it truly felt like a Bioware game, the choices seemed good, although not giving you much room to pick, and the enemy design and environment was cool.

They shouldn't have had the trainee team take over the game. That was pretty much an excuse to make a quick buck at Sega's expense. Their "DS development studio" is never gonna make another game again.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #174 on: September 06, 2010, 11:29:44 AM
I liked DB mainly because it treated Knuckles' character as it should be: a proud guardian of Angel Island, and one who wishes he wasn't the last of his kind.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything