[sonic slicer] about Sonic

Acid · 221298

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: August 26, 2010, 03:37:41 PM
I really hated that they went through the trouble to use Havok, and not have it make a bit of sense. Also, the water didn't have any kind of effects when anything fell through. We're talking basic stuff, people.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #76 on: August 26, 2010, 03:52:10 PM
Water is just so damn unrealistic. And Sonic runs slow as [tornado fang]. Hell, Tails can outrun him by flying / hover / whatever the [tornado fang] by comparison. And Rouge = [tornado fang]ing retarded. Who uses bombs when you have sexy, perfectly shaped and powerful legs.

After playing this piece of BULLLLSHHIIIT, I wanted to go to bum-[tornado fang]'d Egypt. Nice place actually, better than Soleanna in my opinion. No slow hedgehogs, no emo hedgehogs, no bats with a voice of an old whore, Amy Rose never had the ability to camouflage herself. It's paradise. 8D

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: August 26, 2010, 04:29:05 PM
The only Sonic games I played were Sonic Advance 1-3. :'( Someone call the WAAAAHmbulance, we have an emo-gency.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: August 26, 2010, 05:16:43 PM
Playing Sonic '06 - biggest [tornado fang]ing mistake of my life.

What's funny is that I have the PS3 pre-release party to thank for me NOT playing that game. At this PS3 event, they had a demo of Sonic '06. Despite the...*shudder* 1:07 minute loading time (yes, I actually timed it at one point), I couldn't believe how god awful it played. Awful handling, falling through levels, and all that fun stuff.

The demo was SO awful, it only took me 3-4 minutes to convince me never to play it ever. I believe that's a record, which probably would've been shorter if the loading time wasn't so bad. XD

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: August 26, 2010, 05:40:51 PM
IF YOU GUYS WANT A BAD SONIC GAME.

*cough*sonicdrift*cough*

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: August 26, 2010, 05:45:12 PM
Never played it except for Sonic Drift 2 on the Game Gear (I used to have a Game Gear when I was little). In the words of Lumpy Space Princess: "It was lame." :chant:

*sneeze*SHADOWTHEHEDGEHOG!*sneeze*

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: August 26, 2010, 05:46:36 PM
...Never cared about him that much

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: August 26, 2010, 05:51:09 PM
Never played it except for Sonic Drift 2 on the Game Gear (I used to have a Game Gear when I was little). In the words of Lumpy Space Princess: "It was lame." :chant:

"Wait. Why the hell am I in a car?"

AND THAT'S WHY SONIC DRIFT SUCKS.

I love the Sonic Shorts series.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: August 26, 2010, 05:52:46 PM
What's funny is that I have the PS3 pre-release party to thank for me NOT playing that game. At this PS3 event, they had a demo of Sonic '06. Despite the...*shudder* 1:07 minute loading time (yes, I actually timed it at one point), I couldn't believe how god awful it played. Awful handling, falling through levels, and all that fun stuff.

The demo was SO awful, it only took me 3-4 minutes to convince me never to play it ever. I believe that's a record, which probably would've been shorter if the loading time wasn't so bad. XD
I actually thought from the 360 downloadable demo that it wasn't going to be that bad. I mean, it felt like Adventure back then. Boy was I wrong...

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: August 26, 2010, 05:56:56 PM
Well, if I really have to [sonic slicer] about something Sonic related, then it would be all those Sonic sprite comics that have even more unoriginal characters and sonic recolors that the series already has...but that´s the problem of all sprite comics so yeah

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: August 26, 2010, 05:59:16 PM
I don't think any sprite comic has ever been good except for 8-Bit Theater and Kid Radd.

I really don't know how the Megaman community looks at Bob & George, but I'm just gonna say that I wasn't impressed with the little I saw.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: August 26, 2010, 06:01:56 PM
My God. I saw a Sonic sprite comic. Thought it looked cool. Read like 2-3 chapters of it, closed my browser, shut of my PC, went to the bathroom, and unleashed Hell upon my toilet.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: August 26, 2010, 06:03:30 PM
I don't think any sprite comic has ever been good except for 8-Bit Theater and Kid Radd.

I really don't know how the Megaman community looks at Bob & George, but I'm just gonna say that I wasn't impressed with the little I saw.

Well, it is funny here and there...but overall I didn´t like it

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: August 26, 2010, 06:04:32 PM
I actually thought from the 360 downloadable demo that it wasn't going to be that bad. I mean, it felt like Adventure back then. Boy was I wrong...

LoL, maybe the PS3 version was more honest!  8)

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: August 26, 2010, 06:12:05 PM
Kinda off topic, but Sonic holds a place. I'll give you a hint if anyone hasn't seen this top ten from Screw Attack: it's not No. 10, 7, or 5.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVM-hFpvVZc[/youtube]

Well, if I really have to [sonic slicer] about something Sonic related, then it would be all those Sonic sprite comics that have even more unoriginal characters and sonic recolors that the series already has...but that´s the problem of all sprite comics so yeah

People who makes recolors = Fuckin' art theives. Can't find that funny comic on dA...

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: August 26, 2010, 06:26:33 PM
Kinda off topic, but Sonic holds a place. I'll give you a hint if anyone hasn't seen this top ten from Screw Attack: it's not No. 10, 7, or 5.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVM-hFpvVZc[/youtube]

Amazing how they put my most favorite and least favorite together.

And it's the opposite of what you think is my favorite.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: August 26, 2010, 06:28:27 PM
LoL, maybe the PS3 version was more honest!  8)
The 360 demo only had the platforming part. Not the racing forward part.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: August 26, 2010, 06:28:52 PM
I still think they were wrong with legends....If they showed X7 on the other hand...

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: August 26, 2010, 06:29:38 PM
I still think they were wrong with legends....If they showed X7 on the other hand...

I DISAGREE.

I TRIED LEGENDS. PLAYED IT FOR 10 MINUTES. HATED IT WITH A BURNING VENGEANCE.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: August 26, 2010, 06:30:26 PM
The 360 demo only had the platforming part. Not the racing forward part.

I think the PS3 version had the platforming part as well. It was that one grassy stage with the glass you jumped through or something like that.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: August 26, 2010, 08:37:16 PM
I think the PS3 version had the platforming part as well. It was that one grassy stage with the glass you jumped through or something like that.
Grassy stage, but... no glass. O_o It had those wind grinds and those stupid-looking ropes which made you jump.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: August 26, 2010, 09:32:19 PM
Grassy stage, but... no glass. O_o It had those wind grinds and those stupid-looking ropes which made you jump.
Oh that castle like stage. the wind grinding was odd, but I sort of liked that level.

I find it funny how they kept Eggman's theme from 06 in Unleashed.

Speaking of Eggman- his 06 redesign. What did you guys think of it? I thought it looked pretty cool.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: August 26, 2010, 09:36:00 PM
Speaking of Eggman- his 06 redesign. What did you guys think of it? I thought it looked pretty cool.

Yeah, i liked it. The realistic approach was nice.

But i much prefer his classic 'Robotnik' design the most.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: August 26, 2010, 10:11:15 PM
Oh that castle like stage. the wind grinding was odd, but I sort of liked that level.

I find it funny how they kept Eggman's theme from 06 in Unleashed.

For a realistic take on Dr. Eggman, it wasn't bad. He did looked pretty good if you ask me. Plus Mike did a good job of voicing too (the only exception of the 4Kids voice actors). The other characters on the other hand, they look like lifeless mannequins. They show absolutely no facial expression or emotion at all during the in-game cutscenes. Nice attention to details, SEGA. </sarcasm>

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: August 26, 2010, 10:25:34 PM
They should make his classic design with the current Sonic Art Style. that would be nice.

Posted on: August 26, 2010, 03:17:29 PM
You know whick Sonic design I liked best? the one used in Sonic CD and in that one movie. He isnt quite so pudgy like he was, but isnt long and thin like the current sonic either. It's a nice in-between.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.