VirusChris · 231423

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #525 on: August 23, 2010, 08:20:28 PM
You should always make the facial expressions readable, regardless of what direction the head is facing. right now it looks like a souless mannequin that's missing it's left (our right) eye.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #526 on: August 23, 2010, 11:09:23 PM
Wasn't really given him the sprite an expression since it's a template, but I'll fiddle around and look at other sprites to see their facial expression and how they're drawn.
And I'm pretty sure I've seen a few different sprite types with only one eye showing like this, plus I can't find a good spot to show the other eye anyway.

I like it and it's a style I'm going for, but thank you for pointing out some things I need to work/take note of!

Posted on: August 23, 2010, 09:52:38 PM
Here's the updated version of it:

OK, fixed up the face a bit and give the dude another eye, but I prefer the left one with the one eye. Seems more right when the character fights in a 2D plane field in my opinion over the one with two eyes, doesn't seem to be facing foward (in the sprite's view) as it looks like the sprite is looking at you.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: August 25, 2010, 10:01:49 AM
Alright. first off, that last drawing looked pretty good.

We now return to PROJECT TRIDENT HAIR.

Im going to take a stab at (no pun intended) the trident hair deal that seems to be going on here.

Since you seem pretty insistent on keeping the hair really tall and out there, then try to at least make it look a bit more organic. or, such as Invader rock said a whoooole while back, try to balance out the spikes by maybe having his hair spikey all over, but with the three main attractions up top there.

I doodled a Chris to show you what I mean. Now, Im honestly not one to talk when it comes to natural looking hair- for... obvious reasons... but hey, this is just advice from one weirdly haired guy to another.

add some waves to it, some organicness to it something,  your latest drawing proves you ARE capable of it, so why not try it a bit more on the trident hair? make it actually LOOK like its been done up, rather than like his hair is literally a trident helmet on his head.

same goes for buzz saw Mc-frost tip hair. His hair actually, reminds me more of dreadlocks. I dont mean it as an insult, but unless thats the idea, then perhaps you should try splitting those large locks so they are not just big frosted spikes going around the top of his head.

Actually, try using the tablet to doodle him. that last tablet image was real good, and I liked the way you did that characters hair there... why not experiment with something like that for him?

Dont take any of that the wrong way, just throwing my very own 2 cents viewpoint your way.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: August 26, 2010, 08:09:38 PM
Sorry to disappoint you Flame, but there's only one way to do trident hair right:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #529 on: August 26, 2010, 08:52:10 PM
I am not sure what to say Acid. You´re a Genius

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #530 on: August 27, 2010, 02:33:06 PM
Yay more trident hijack! XD

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #531 on: October 11, 2010, 10:53:18 PM
Hey Acid you can do Chibis too, right?

Posted on: October 11, 2010, 09:17:01 PM
Fate Zero Rin Tohsaka - Sketch:

A few days ago I was bored and was watching a video using Fate/Zero drawings of various characters and saw the Rin Tohsaka sketches of her as a child.

It perked up my interest and decided to draw the sketches myself after haven't drawn anything for a while now. Good practice if I want to work on drawing anime or manga-like characters to shape my drawing style.

What do you guys think?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #532 on: October 11, 2010, 10:57:37 PM

Had a phase in which I drew nothing but super deformed characters.

That ruined my stuff forever.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #533 on: October 11, 2010, 11:07:33 PM
Ah, gottcha.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #534 on: October 14, 2010, 01:38:38 AM

Posted on: October 11, 2010, 09:17:01 PM
Fate Zero Rin Tohsaka - Sketch:

A few days ago I was bored and was watching a video using Fate/Zero drawings of various characters and saw the Rin Tohsaka sketches of her as a child.

It perked up my interest and decided to draw the sketches myself after haven't drawn anything for a while now. Good practice if I want to work on drawing anime or manga-like characters to shape my drawing style.

What do you guys think?

I really like the top one myself. the bottom one, her face is a bit elongated?

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #535 on: December 13, 2010, 12:57:12 PM
^I guess, I did my best trying to draw it how it was drawn from that picture but I can't really measure something properly that was on a video. I'm happy how it came out thought, but I still haven't reach that enlightenment to draw the characters really good like the professionals yet, I had a really hard time drawing the top Rin's mouth or side of her head area perfectly.

LaTale - Chibi Heroes:

I'm a big fan of the LaTale online game and I like the characters and story a lot so I'm making
my own character that helps Iris on her new journey after she defeated the Demon King.

I drew them as Chibis this time, so I can simplify their clothing and to get a rough idea how to
draw them in normal form.

Here are the Character Profiles I made for them...

Character Profile -

CHRIS CORONA
Race: Human
Birthdate: August 20
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 167 lbs
Hobbies: Pranks, Drawing, Painting, Hanging out with friends, teasing people he likes

*Interesting fact about my character is that he Duel Wields, but he holds both his swords
in Reverse Grip giving him a very interesting and unique fighting style. He also holds them in
Traditional Grip and can switch back and forth in-battle.

IRIS LIVIER
Race: Derr
Birthdate: March 12
Height: 4' 10"
Weight: 126 lbs (thinking of changing it to 102 lbs instead)
Hobbies: Traveling, Gardening, taking care of animals, helping others

Please note I made up the information regarding Iris' Birthdate, Height, Weight, and Hobbies as I guessed them (and I have no idea how to measure for a character's height & weight). Her age and race are real as they're stated in the online game itself.

Original Character "Chris Corona" (c) VirusChris
Iris Livier (c) Actoz Soft

Posted on: October 19, 2010, 05:58:27 AM
VirusChris - Christopher Yuushi:

Another updated picture of my main character, Chris Yuushi, for my original Manga series project.

This time I'm changing his name from Christozo to Christopher, cause it fault too weird to say or spell
(and besides he was originally called Christopher before switching it to Christozo).

I really got the style down! Could use a little more work, and I think I did excellent on his Trident hair
this time! Looks good!

What are your thoughts?

Posted on: October 30, 2010, 08:59:14 PM

Gatojin - Sketch:

http://viruschris.deviantart.com/#/d34sgcg

I had this vision of a strange fantasy creature in my head for the past couple
of weeks and I had to draw it!

This little guy is from a race called "Gatojin", meaning Cat Person (I believe),
and they are capable of human speech, magic, and cooking.

I guess I wanted to have my own mascot character of my series I was planning
to make and so this little guy popped into my head. I wish I gotten a little more
time to work on the fur on his chest and the ball of fur at the tip of its tail.

Also Male Gatojin have a "W" fur patch on their foreheads while Female Gatojin
have a "V" fur patch. They usually come in green or blue color main fur and their
chest and tail tail are also white.

EDIT: OK, I'm getting some problem here with deviantArt not wanting to SHOW this picture on this site for some reason. If you want to see it please follow the link, sorry for the inconvenience at this time.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:51:03 PM by Quickman »

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #536 on: December 13, 2010, 08:53:08 PM
Fixed it for you.  When you go to post an image, don't use the link the "Download this image" provides.  Right-click on the image in the download window, select "Copy image location" which will copy the proper link to your clipboard and then Ctrl-V it into your post.

By the way, it is certainly a cute creature.  A bit light (some levels adjusting in Photoshop will fix that), but cute.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #537 on: December 13, 2010, 10:41:43 PM
For some reason, the creature screams "Golden Sun", dunno how, but it does. One of the best so far, I dig it.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #538 on: March 01, 2011, 08:48:37 AM
Thank you for fixing the picture and giving me the tip on getting the url links for the images from deviantArt (it was ticking me off when it wouldn't give me the link).

Also I'm glad you guys like the little guy! ^_^
To may surprise when I went to view my drawing on deviantArt is had over 50 downloads on the first day I posted it... I know I did about 5 or 6 times to get the link, but 50!? And I had over 40 views of it already... didn't think it would be that popular that fast.

Posted on: December 14, 2010, 04:09:21 AM
It's been a long time since I last updated my thread here with some of my artwork and here are some of my most recent ones!

Christopher Trevas Corona

Here's a new updated look for my character, Christopher Trevas Corona. Though I should've made the eyes more innocent-looking to give that sweet, carefree, and goofball look I want for him which I can update later.

Ami Naichingēru Rozu:

This is my original character Ami Rozu for my manga project "VirusChris".

I gave her a new hairstyle look to see what she would look like with spread out bangs covering her forehead instead of the little "sphere-like" bangs she previous had. Honestly... I can't imagine Ami with this hairstyle without the "sphere" ones as I've grown accustom to them as I wanted to make her hair a little unique and different. Though this hairstyle is for her mother, but she has her eyes closed all the time (like a fox), which suits her mother more than her for some reason for me.

And do you remember my little black monster, ECHO Vocals? Well I went back and give it an updated look on it, so I like the new look I gave it and was wondering what you thought.

ECHO Vocals - Sketch 1:

ECHO Vocals - Sketch 2:

Here's a second sketch of my ECHO Vocals expressing an angry and worried look with its head hopping off. Yes, the ECHO Vocals doesn't have a neck so its head and body are not connected as its head lays on its body but both separate parts share the same pain so if its head is kicked its body will fill the recoil even if they're apart.

And a small sketch on the bottom to show a different eye look I've taken an interest in, maybe I can use it for my characters one day.

What are your thoughts guys?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #539 on: March 01, 2011, 09:23:14 AM
What's up with the "Studica Skills" logo on the top pic?

I like the last sketch, though.  The expression is amusing.  Your linework is getting a bit tighter, too.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #540 on: March 01, 2011, 12:36:00 PM
What's up with the "Studica Skills" logo on the top pic?

I like the last sketch, though.  The expression is amusing.  Your linework is getting a bit tighter, too.

It's was on a Notepad I had at the time and I didn't have any other paper to draw on so that's why you see "Studica Skills", it's something related to the College I go to.

And thank you.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #541 on: March 02, 2011, 04:06:42 AM
I also noticed that Corona shares the same name with Star Wars artist Chris Trevas.  Coincidence or was this an homage to him?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #542 on: March 02, 2011, 11:36:03 PM
I also noticed that Corona shares the same name with Star Wars artist Chris Trevas.  Coincidence or was this an homage to him?

Really? I did not know that, that's just pure coincidence but that's just amazing in my book! And the name... whoa! I'm part Portuguese from my Dad's side so I wanted a Portuguese middle name for my character... sheesh! Too many coincidences, I'm surprise I haven't notice this seeing as I love the Star Wars and I watch the movies and animated series.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #543 on: March 03, 2011, 12:39:42 AM
I've seen that PSG has helped you in the more "comedic" department. Which anime style are you trying to emulate? Since you've taken on a more apparently common eye-type..

I had a character named Vocals once.. I think that was on City of Heroes, lol. I will be taking intrest of this particular character.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #544 on: May 30, 2011, 09:18:43 AM
Hey there! It's been awhile, but I like to inform you I've finished College and I believe I've gotten my solid C for my final grade to pass and get my diploma! ^_^
With that done I can resume my works such as my fanfics, but that's a story for another day.

But I like to tell you about my first Stencyl game project I'm going to be working on called "Ultimate Tenkaichi Warriors" which is a turn-based Fighting game that uses Cards to perform techniques in battle. The Story Mode starts out with the player preparing for the grande Budokai Tenkaichi coming soon and the player meets their rival character and soon a group of evil forces come to take over or destroy the world.

The game's world is populated with three different races; Humans, Youkai, and Elves. The player chooses the gender and race of their characters (with the Youkai having an exclusively race depending on gender, males get a Wolf Tengu Avatar and females get an Oni Avatar) or use their Created Fighter as the Avatar and the same rules apply for the Rival character.

Here are some of the character sprites I'm working on the player can uses their Avatar in the Story Mode and other game modes I have planned.

The game is inspired by and based on the Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors game, as you can see I'm using Super Saiyan Goku as the base of making the sprites.
The gameplay is quite similar to DBZ: LSW though I'm adding a few things like "Beam Struggle" a counter-system when two Beam-type moves clash and the player and AI input a series of commands faster than the other to win and deal more damage than usually.

There's also a VS Mode and Online Mode you battle against the AI or players online and there's a Tournament Mode to earn money and more cards to collect. There's also a Shop to purchase new technique cards and finally I'm trying to create or design a "Create-A-Fighter" mode where you can make or import a character using a template as a base and choose what type of cards they use.

Any thoughts on them? So far on the Stencyl boards no one has said anything for a few days and there's over 30 views so far on my topic with no suggestions.

Oh, and Stencyl is going have a public launch this May 31st... or was as a new problem surfaced in the program prevent its launch day as the creator wants to launch a "polished" game program that works instead of a "glitchy and buggy" game program even if it's just a few which I understand. I rather have a program that works correctly.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #545 on: May 30, 2011, 09:59:02 AM
Congrats on finishing college!  What was your major? 

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #546 on: May 30, 2011, 10:03:15 AM
Game Development.

And it was the Associate's Degree course, next step is Bachelor's Degree however I'm going to look for a second job first and earn more money first before I even think of taking the new step in my major. I might take Design next to further improve my artistic skills.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #547 on: May 30, 2011, 10:28:49 AM
Go for it.  But, unless you live in an area where such skills are in demand and there is a sustainable job market for them, finding a job in your chosen field is gonna be really tough.  Else, relocation may be in your future.  The economy is finicky like that.  Lots of people around here can't find jobs for their degrees. :/

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #548 on: May 30, 2011, 10:33:46 AM
Well a new Game Company is going to open up somewhere close by where I live, though it's in another state which would take me about an hour or more to go back and forth. I've been thinking I might have to re-locate to find the job I want for my major, I'm thinking of working with Nintendo if possible or maybe become an indie game maker.

Anyway, any comments on the sprites I made... er... editted actually?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #549 on: May 30, 2011, 10:50:36 AM
The sprites look pretty spiffy, the frames were well chosen for the low framerate used.