The true extent X's power and capabilities

Waifu · 2005

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: July 17, 2010, 10:05:11 PM
I had seen walls of text (especially Zan's and Hypershell's posts) concerning X's limitless potential for growth in the games but wha is the true extent of X's power? We all know that X was created with limitless boundless potential, as shown in the games for example Megaman X6 x had some trouble with High Max but later on he was able to beat him with ease. Antoher example is in MMX1 and 3 with Vile respectively. In the first game he was barely able to beat Vile with his rider armor in hand, X still could't defeat the Ride Armor and it took the sacrifice of Zero later to destroy the Ride Armor while X recovers from almost instantaneously. In X3, X was able to defeat Vile and his new Ride Armor Goliath two times in the games despite the all improvements Vile made on the machine but most of all, he was able to curb stomp Vile himself in the same game. Dr. Light created a powerful robot and it amazes me how strong X is but what is the true extent of his poiwer?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 10:23:01 PM
As far as innovations go, X was the epitome of Dr. Light's achievements, giving him the ability to think and feel emotions by himself, as well as the ability to learn and adapt.

While learning morals through his hardships, his powers continue to grow, just by using what he's learned from the past. Adaptation also plays a key role in X's success. How X was constructed, he was also able to "adapt" to various terrain, which in the past Robots were pre-built for that terrain. Even in combat he adapts the combat styles of his enemies, such as the "weapons" he gains after the defeat of each maverick, however, this also a key factor to X's triumph over Sigma time and time again, as he adjusts to match the level of combat Sigma possesses.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 05:54:27 AM
I think the best way to think of X (and Zero) power-wise is as a state of constant growth.  It is observed from all ends of the X-series timeline, from MHX (Kuwanger) to Xtreme2 (Berkana) to XCM (Scarface), that X learns especially quickly from his experiences in combat.  It is possible for an exceptionally powerful enemy to overtake him (Sigma, Vile, High Max, Great Redips), but he will prevail when given time.

X's "limitless evolutionary potential", however, does not refer simply to combat.  His growth through combat, while exceptional, is well paralleled by Zero (noted by Berkana in Xtreme2).  The potential which X possesses and Zero lacks, is his "evolutionary potential": his compassion, worrying, and general ability to empathize with people and forward the relation between humans and robots.  Reploids, despite being free-willed, generally do not possess this capacity on nearly so deep a level as X, as noted by Zero in Z4 when speaking to Craft.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 05:56:24 AM
I'd say X's true potential & capabilities stem from how well you play him.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 09:13:38 PM
I'd say X's true potential & capabilities stem from how well you play him.

That works too!  XD

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 02:39:15 AM
His power will most likely continue to grow until he's retired. And that can be a long time from now.