The Blonde CO's Identity

JohnnyTheWolf · 6096

Offline JohnnyTheWolf

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: July 16, 2010, 09:27:14 PM

Could he be HE-22, Elpizo's fellow Neo Arcadian defector?

This guy's always intrigued me, considering the fact that he only appears twice in-game and probably dies off-screen too. Inti Creates could have just opted for a generic Resistance soldier look, but no, they opted to give him a distinctive look and face.

So... who is he? Any word from the official sources?

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 09:43:48 PM
I think that reploid's name is Isos, the other (brown-haired) one being Pasos. (either that or the inverse is true)  Not much is said about them in-game, but it's assumed that they are in charge of the resistance forces to some extent.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 03:59:44 AM
MMZOCW always refers to them as a pair, Isos and Pasos.  Dark-haired one is always on the left and the blonde always on the right.  So, which way do you want to read?

And um, it's kind of hard to tell with Inti's art, but I believe they're female.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 02:57:31 PM

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 11:54:14 PM
Although the book doesn't define their gender, their designs suggest to me that they're male. The female Resistance members, even the soldiers, were always seen wearing either a skirt or a dress.

MMZOCW refers to the two as Elpizo's followers. Other than that, there really isn't much information about them. One can presume that they're deceased, but oddly enough, their bodies aren't visible among the Reploids that died in Operation Righteous Strike.

Fun fact: The names Isos and Pasos were supposed to be assigned to Crea and Prea, but apparently Inti had Nakayama's notes mixed up.

Offline JohnnyTheWolf

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 12:48:06 AM
Thank you, that's pretty much what I wanted to know. It's a shame though that HE-22 doesn't appear in-game. Oh well...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 05:46:08 AM
Although the book doesn't define their gender, their designs suggest to me that they're male. The female Resistance members, even the soldiers, were always seen wearing either a skirt or a dress.
Point taken.  I just see them as looking more effeminate than Zero, who is usually the benchmark in these cases.  On the other hand, Elpizo probably has all of them beat.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 05:48:56 AM
Has them ALL beat. Zero's booblights've got NOTHING on him.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 09:47:24 AM
What about Harpuia? Before Elpizo called him a "good boy" I thought he´s a female!

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 02:57:41 PM
What about Harpuia? Before Elpizo called him a "good boy" I thought he´s a female!

It still boggles my mind that people thought that. What exactly is female about him? Is it the voice? Well, Ogata Megumi has a bit of a history with stuff like that (Tenou Haruka anyone?).

Then again, when I was a kid and I played X1 on the SNES, I thought Zero was a girl but that was due to the fact that at that age, I couldn't read English and even the German manual turned Zero into a female.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 03:33:42 PM
It still boggles my mind that people thought that. What exactly is female about him? Is it the voice? Well, Ogata Megumi has a bit of a history with stuff like that (Tenou Haruka anyone?).

Then again, when I was a kid and I played X1 on the SNES, I thought Zero was a girl but that was due to the fact that at that age, I couldn't read English and even the German manual turned Zero into a female.

Desingwise you could really tell if he´s male of female. The voice. He stated he likes the pain Zero causes him *shudder* and the fact he´s based on a female mythical creature. And I thought it was a nice idea to have 2 male 2 female guardians :D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 04:10:18 PM
Well, besides Isos and Pasos I have a pretty good track record with the male/female thing (Foxtar I maintain is meant to be a female "illusion" in humanoid form, fox demon lore and all; it's hard to excuse high heels on a male).  Zero was a simple matter of personal pronouns, and despite Harpuia's voice/inspiration, he doesn't act or look particularly effeminate.  MAYBE the fact that his colored leg armor ends above his knees giving a "stocking" look, but this is shared by Phantom.  Not to mention this is the game that put Zero in a thong, so bizarre armor choices are already established as normal.  And his voice sounds more androgynous than female, IMHO.  Not unlike Copy X.

Information that would be useful to us elsewhere, thank you.